PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 19:44:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 586699 times)
freeisright
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #525 on: 2007 April 13, 00:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I am blonde.. LOL, but tsr's update today consists of the salsa bedroom which was already previously posted as I got it awhile back.
Are they that desperate they they think were all stupid and wont notice?
I am not shocked however  :roll:
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2007 April 17, 03:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got one question for TSR, what the HELL is a "texture challenge" looks more like a "make crap challenge"

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: 2007 April 17, 04:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're challenged to make anything decent with the presented textures. As you can see, they all fail.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
obscurity
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2007 April 17, 13:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilredduckie"
They're challenged to make anything decent with the presented textures. As you can see, they all fail.

Especially Atawta  :lol:
racetrackd
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2007 April 17, 13:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "obscurity"
Quote from: "evilredduckie"

Especially Atawta  :lol:

lol. i like the sim challenges. fun stuff.
never heard of texture challenge.
FreakyBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2007 April 30, 22:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone noticed that Puresims & birgit are dumping a lot of their stuff over at TSR?  They already have minisites, and I'm sure it's only moments before they achieve FA status.  Seems to me, since the advent of the booty, their income has dwindled considerably.  Could it be, that since realizing less suckers would give them cash for items, they figure they can still get paid via TSR?  The thought is positively nauseating, yet unsurprising.  
And is it just me, or are their file sizes ginormous?  WTF?  
I do what I can to keep this thread alive, it amuses me  Cheesy

Do what I do, assume everyone at TSR is a cunt. Then, you can only be pleasantly surprised if they exhibit non-cunty behaviour.  -- Capucine
I is LadyGrainne, and I is a thug.  Can I has a cookie?
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: 2007 May 01, 00:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the hue/saturation school of recolors:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/MoMama/downloads/free/sims2/objects/

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: 2007 May 01, 00:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tomato"

I saw that today and just could not bring myself to even consider downloading it. I like purple, but that is just too much.  :lol:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2007 May 01, 10:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzesSimmer"
I must *ashamed* admit that I too uploaded a lot to TSR the past two years. I stopped only recently. I didn't even really think about what money-mongers they actually were over there. *Bends over for rightful ass-kicking*

To my knowledge we do not kick the asses of those who see the light. Welcome to the fold, may you find lots of precious booty.  Smiley

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: 2007 May 01, 12:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if they ban you they won't delete your stuff. Look at poor Sherrie. Except, of course, they are still making money from her creations...hmm...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2007 May 02, 07:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes!

Look at SherrieSim. Her Stuffs there are used until now.

Beware! Atwa will be your Night-Mummy!

Muwaawawawawawawaw!
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: 2007 May 02, 07:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

saffy and putanginamo are correct. they will throw you out and steal your work, the only way they will delete your work is if you begged them not to, and even then they wont if they can make money out of it. They are very posessive over other peoples work.

EDIT: I just saw your work, they wont delete that, you'll be lucky if they dont start charging people for it.

they can still make a lot of money on your meshes alone, if their FA's recolour it.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: 2007 May 02, 09:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have thoughts.
Do you think they may start to bring in a rule where they wait until you try to quit TSR and then make you an FA and your creations pay so they can milk money out of poor souls using you as a pimp?
I hope I haven't given them ideas.
I was actually almost sure they're already doing this...

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: 2007 May 02, 10:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They could try. but I think the legal concequences would be dire.

legally they are already on thin ice, I spoke to my sisters neighbour a while ago, who is a solicitor with a big legal firm, and aparantly what they are doing now is illegal and in theory they could be prosecuted by artists who's creations they stole, especially as they are using the stolen items as 'free gifts' to promote products which they charge for. they could be taken to court to remove the stolen items or for a percentage of estimated revenue gained from the advertising with the stolen items. he also looked at their 'disclaimer' and laughed. but he said that any court case would be expensive, but costs could be recovered from tsr. and it would be more advisable to go for removal, although the revenue option is still viable, it depends on how many items and how long they have been there, the money gained from that would be small, and the time limit could be lengthier on that so the initial costs could be higher. He did also mention that anyone from the uk that is on income benifits may be elligable for legal aid, which means they dont pay the court costs, but the money won for court costs from tsr would have to be paid back to legal aid. he did say a lot more but thats all I can remember. He did say to call back if I wish to pusue it, so I might ask a few more questions.

he also said that tsr IS infringing copyright with maxis/EA but it would be solely up to them to take action.

now I should imagine that if he charged for the stolen items, that would make matters worse.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2007 May 03, 06:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tomato"

The wooden computer is particularly lovely.  Adds a great touch of realism to any game.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: