PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 14:18:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 25 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913478 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3240 on: 2008 December 04, 22:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know man, I think any grassy knoll theory assumes a fairly well versed knowledge of the community.

However for the sake of argument, assuming that Walt is indeed that devious, cunning and malicious, my conclusion would be that Walt is a sock. Which leads to an even more interesting game. Who's wearing the sock?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: 2008 December 04, 22:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nutjob Jan?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3242 on: 2008 December 04, 22:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tough tits for him, then. Last I heard, TSR already had dibs on that for Sims 3. For all the good it's gonna do them if it goes down the shitter. (Hoping!!!)

Dibs on what?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: 2008 December 04, 22:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: disgruntledmuse
The simplest explanation is usually the best. 

Agreed. I just can't imagine that Walt is only pretending to be as obtuse as his posts indicate.  What would be the point? - "I'm going to let everyone on this site "think" I'm a complete idiot and then surprise them later with my Mensa membership card!"   No, I think Walt is Walt. The guy who rambled on about the Great Depression, his mommy, and freely admitted that he knows nothing about the community he invested in. I hate saying it, but Walt comes off like a loser, and no businessman can afford to be perceived as such. So whether or not he has his own back up of the site is almost irrelevant; the damage to his reputation is done.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: 2008 December 04, 22:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please to be noting, the IP addresses were appearing in the contact form info section. I don't know if the admins had access to that, but I'd never even seen it until Walt borked the system. I don't think I ever saw a thread where mods were discussing IP addresses. So that's one less tin foil hat you have to wear.

Ninja'd by Ali... Wink

What's with this "ninja'd" crapola?  People keep saying it.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: 2008 December 04, 22:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tough tits for him, then. Last I heard, TSR already had dibs on that for Sims 3. For all the good it's gonna do them if it goes down the shitter. (Hoping!!!)

Dibs on what?

Paden, many people have asked you to quote what you're referring to. This thread is moving too fast for us to understand what you're talking about otherwise. I'm begging you, please please please start quoting. Otherwise I'm going to start skipping your posts in this thread because I can't understand at least half of them.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: 2008 December 04, 22:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dibs on what?

They have dibs on making money on Sims 3, or was I the only one to hear that scream floating across the world across the air? Walt seems to think he can take the InSIM site into the Sims 3 era.

Dibs on what?

Paden, many people have asked you to quote what you're referring to. This thread is moving too fast for us to understand what you're talking about otherwise. I'm begging you, please please please start quoting. Otherwise I'm going to start skipping your posts in this thread because I can't understand at least half of them.

Yeah, I'm figuring that out and doing what I can to catch up, sorry. My typing is slow, wrist is back in the brace and it limits flexibility. Cheesy I can haz cookie nao, plz?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3247 on: 2008 December 04, 22:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eek - Paden, you have my sympathies, both mine are back in the brace, except I can't type so well with them, so now they just are screaming for the pain to stop.

And that, dear friends, is why I'm mostly quiet.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3248 on: 2008 December 04, 22:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please to be noting, the IP addresses were appearing in the contact form info section. I don't know if the admins had access to that, but I'd never even seen it until Walt borked the system. I don't think I ever saw a thread where mods were discussing IP addresses. So that's one less tin foil hat you have to wear.

Ninja'd by Ali... Wink

ninja'd means that someone posted the answer or comment at the time the person ninja'd was writing it.   So, like if someone quickly posts the answer to your question as I am writing this one, I would go back and add "ninja'd"!  Just so everyone knows I am not an idiot and I did see the other answer, it just got done before I finished writing. 

Did that even make sense?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: 2008 December 04, 22:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what the hell is goin'on, anyway, with insimenator.net. Apparently, even the authoritative nameservers have no tracks.

Nameserver trace for www.insimenator.net:

* Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed c.root-servers.net.
    * Looking for who is responsible for net and followed g.gtld-servers.net.
    * Looking for who is responsible for insimenator.net and followed ns3.easydns.org.

Nameservers for www.insimenator.net:

* ns1.easydns.com returned (NORECORDS)
    * ns2.easydns.com returned (NORECORDS)
    * ns3.easydns.org returned (NORECORDS)
    * ns6.easydns.net returned (NORECORDS)
    * remote1.easydns.com returned (NORECORDS)
    * remote2.easydns.com returned (NORECORDS)

Would some techy one care to explain what this could mean, please? Clueless Marhis is clueless.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: 2008 December 04, 22:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would some techy one care to explain what this could mean, please? Clueless Marhis is clueless.

If you can make do with a non-techy explanation for the time being, I will contribute "Hmmm..."

Our lil friend must be stopped.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3251 on: 2008 December 04, 22:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did he really move servers?   That's my take on that.  Your domain name has to point to the server.  That is the  ns1.easydns.com

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: 2008 December 04, 22:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ninja'd by Ali... Wink

ninja'd means that someone posted the answer or comment at the time the person ninja'd was writing it.   So, like if someone quickly posts the answer to your question as I am writing this one, I would go back and add "ninja'd"!  Just so everyone knows I am not an idiot and I did see the other answer, it just got done before I finished writing. 

Did that even make sense?

Yeah, it made sense, but it just sounds like it's done to annoy everybody like how people like to post "first!" (or frist or bleen) even though they can't guarantee that they will be the first comment to the blog post.  So, you end up with three plus people saying "first" to every blog post.. ugh, so annoying and pointless.

Maybe I'm just being particularly bitchy today.  Feel free to tell me to get over it.   Kiss  I just hope people don't make it a habit of saying it..

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: 2008 December 04, 22:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm figuring that out and doing what I can to catch up, sorry. My typing is slow, wrist is back in the brace and it limits flexibility. Cheesy I can haz cookie nao, plz?

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: 2008 December 04, 22:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the most shady part, at least to me; if the server is not online (unplugged or whatever), you'll get the message about "no server available" etc.
Then, if you're switching servers, I see no need to change IP (and corresponding DNS entries), just switch the box on the same IP, right? If you're about to keep both machines online, whatever the reason is, the new one will have a new IP, so what's the deal with this?
Unless (again) you're switching to another completely different service provider, maybe. New shiny server is perhaps located elsewhere (where do Walt's professionals come from). But even in this case, why they should care about easydns?

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: