PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 20:45:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 15 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913605 times)
recalibrator
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3225 on: 2008 December 04, 21:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Inge.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: 2008 December 04, 21:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, why were there IPs being discussed in a forum? 

Well was told there were IPs there. I presume it was through talk of multiple accounts? Am unsure. Will edit that out of my post as am not sure about it and talking when you know nothing about something is silly

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: 2008 December 04, 21:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what kind of an eejit sets a hidden forum which contains people's IPs, old drama and private discussion to be public?!

On who thinks "right, you shat on me, here's trouble back at you"?

Roll Eyes

Ascribing to malice and conspiracy what can easily and readily be explained by stupidity, ignorance, and simple fuck-ups is a sadly common fallacy. But you have as much evidence for your speculations as I do for one I just made up: Walt is really Rod Humble.

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: 2008 December 04, 21:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Jojoba and Alex, Walt's Enterprise is shot to shit, mainly because he never got the handle of the reins in the first place. And if he is having so called "professionals" looking at it, he is throwing more money down a sinking ship. But I don't believe that for a SECOND, Walt would not have hired anyone, all of this is political speak, to hide his panic. The very fact we have not seen ANY form of data coming from Insim.net is proof enough of his incompetence.

If the alternative story is true, and he has all the data. So fucking what? All of the creators have sided with Pescado or given Walt the finger and left. Why would anyone "donate" now? The community is gone.
I doubt even Thoma$$ would want to acquire it, (domain name) and if he was a secret buyer that outbid both Pescado and Delphy, we have another ship to sink!! I guess we have to wait and see Smiley

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: 2008 December 04, 21:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but that son of a bitch didn't know that we are wearing shit-proof armour, now did he??

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
itslikethis
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: 2008 December 04, 21:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, and these are all the reasons he's just set himself up for more fail, backup or no.  I just tend to think he's gonna give this a shot merely based on "the numbers." IF he hasn't given up yet.  IF he didn't bork tables screwing around in the ACP.  

Forum Permissions for vB are a pain in the ass, but also fantastic because they're so specific for each usergroup.  Not that bad once you work it all out, but super easy to screw up if you have no clue what you're looking at.  I just imagine him in the ACP like..."hmmm if I do *THIS* I wonder what would happen....."

Aside from the speculation...my guess is that he did damage some tables screwing around.  Tables can be repaired, maybe he's got that happening, along with the new server he said would be up in 3 days or something like that.

Who knows til the sites up and running?
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: 2008 December 04, 21:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never saw ANY discussions in the staff sections quoting actual IP addresses, that would be highly unethical and I certainly would have called someone on it - maybe what they're referring to is the fact that he made ALL hidden information viewable by anyone
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: 2008 December 04, 22:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never saw ANY discussions in the staff sections quoting actual IP addresses - maybe what they're referring to is the fact that he made ALL hidden information viewable by anyone

Ok I was clearly misinformed, sorry for the trouble guys

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Maxinepost
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: 2008 December 04, 22:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delurks...
Now...If we going in tinfoilhat mode here why not make it properly...
... Its clearly, that Walts not a real person, but the first part off EAs psychosocial brainscanning project for deep investigate the community resilience against getting profited on....

...Aah thinking makes you thirsty ... where is that rum every body talking about...

"When the revolution comes, i'll be late and shot as a traitor"
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: 2008 December 04, 22:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no problem Jojoba ... I know it's easy to put a spin on stuff

maybe I should qualify my statement with 'as far as I'm aware' beforehand, I may well be wrong *but hopes she is not as that would be bad karma* Smiley
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: 2008 December 04, 22:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate Alex - I agree with you about the Sims 3. My point is that no self respecting creator is going to work with Walt at this point. For him to corner the Sims 3 market (which is what I actually think his mastard plan is), he'll have to find himself some decent creators before anyone - sheeple or not - will donate a bloody thing to him. That takes time.

If Walt actually spent the monies on a new server, backed up everything and thinks he's pulling a fast one on everyone, all the more funny in my eyes.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: 2008 December 04, 22:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my opinion, IF he was making a backup and setting everything up on a new server and had these hoardes of people at his disposal, we would have never gotten away with the macros, postings, deleting, etc.  If there were some type of professionals involved at any point, those who are more familiar with a fandom and forum setup, they would have had a plan in place to preserve the site and limit the disgruntlement.  The site would have been monitored more closely during a transitional period.  

Again, I call bullshit for the above reason and several more.  1.  His momma had to lend him the money.  No serious businessman EVER admits that in public.  I would never invest in anything knowing those terms.  Where would he get additional capital should problems arise?  His momma.  2.  No serious businessman who is seasoned and has any business sense whatsoever creates a video with Nemo wallpaper without becoming a joke.  Would you do business with him?  3.  No businessman ever leaves his investment unattended for that long a period of time.  Especially not in the first quarter of business.  4.  No one that has any type of business sense goes in half-cocked making decisions without any data or research in which to base changes/decisions on.   Business plan, Walt?  Oh please, he hasn't a clue.  5.  He would not have added the ads to start a revenue stream on a site that he is disabling and reinventing elsewhere, especially where it is exploding in big, huge chunks and being burned to the ground.  

I've been in the business world for over 20 years, the last 12 being in senior level management.  I have seen major screw-ups and clueless people, but rarely do you see someone who is as complete an idiot as Walt.  

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: 2008 December 04, 22:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please to be noting, the IP addresses were appearing in the contact form info section. I don't know if the admins had access to that, but I'd never even seen it until Walt borked the system. I don't think I ever saw a thread where mods were discussing IP addresses. So that's one less tin foil hat you have to wear.

Ninja'd by Ali... Wink
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: 2008 December 04, 22:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tough tits for him, then. Last I heard, TSR already had dibs on that for Sims 3. For all the good it's gonna do them if it goes down the shitter. (Hoping!!!)

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
disgruntledmuse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: 2008 December 04, 22:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like an "Occam's razor" situation to me.  The simplest explanation is usually the best.  All evidence points to Walt being hopeless, including his own statements.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen any evidence that supports him being some great mastermind. 
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: