PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 16:08:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 18 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913506 times)
Indi
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #3015 on: 2008 December 04, 06:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alot of the threads have been nuked and the front pages have as well.
I got into InSim just long enough to change my email to
bitemewalt@yousuck.com and was kicked again.

Does anyone know if Walt's IP is floating around in the admin area?Or his email even?
Just curious, *tries to put on innocent face and halo*

before anyone smacks me, I know not condoned...
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: 2008 December 04, 06:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He F the forum and then watched tv and whent to bed after his "buisness hours" where done. Thats what he did... *grumbles* the man is an idiot.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3017 on: 2008 December 04, 06:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad  I actually got to a post screen, but every time I hit submit, I get stopped by "flood control" saying that I have to wait five seconds between posts.

I think I posted a post four days ago...?
Kyna
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: 2008 December 04, 06:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I should be able to see some of the sections listed here, or read some of the threads I just read.  And it looks like Eric hasn't done a runner - he's clearly helping Walt out here.

EDIT: edited image for privacy.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 04, 07:00:22 by Kyna » Logged
rosess
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: 2008 December 04, 06:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, that's a forum of auto-generated messages.  It should NOT be open to the public, because like the Contact Us emails, it could create problems for people.  Much like the TSR sharing, but more due to not having a clue what to do in the Admin panel.

And what the heck, in case he's following along, it's Admin Panel > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions. 
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: 2008 December 04, 06:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you all specifically seeing a forum marked mod/contrib section? Because I asked a non staff member to check, and she couldn't see it. That screen shot seems to be a search results screen... But yes. He's borking stuff...
rosess
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: 2008 December 04, 06:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you all specifically seeing a forum marked mod/contrib section? Because I asked a non staff member to check, and she couldn't see it. That screen shot seems to be a search results screen... But yes. He's borking stuff...
Yep.

Edit - Pardon, I was reading that as "can you see the forum."  It does not appear in the forum listing, but you can back into it.
Indi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: 2008 December 04, 06:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, most of that should be admin only, just like rosess said. I read somewhere on Sim Oasis that while Walt was striping admins of their abilities on the site that he had also made the admin area open to the public.I doubt Walt realizes that though, he's not very smart.

I second that yes and am getting screenshot as I type.
edited to include screen shot
edited again to remove screenshot for privacy of members borked by waltz continuing epic fail
« Last Edit: 2008 December 04, 07:04:46 by Indi » Logged
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: 2008 December 04, 06:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.

Walt is SPECIAL. How do you REVERSE the permissions while trying to lock them down?!? Moron...
MistaEff
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: 2008 December 04, 06:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, that's a forum of auto-generated messages

Phew. Glad K&E are gone. I was freaking out earlier when I noticed that a "smartassbrat" and "smartass_brat" had joined here and InSim today. (Sorry smartass - I tend to panic easily. No offense meant by comparing your name to Kathy's nick.)
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3025 on: 2008 December 04, 06:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the admins were stripped of their positions for no reason. I emailed him asking for an explanation. We're supermods, but we can't see the moderator discussions anymore. I wonder if he just deleted them? It wouldn't surprise me at all.

I just wish he'd give up and leave shit alone.
Indi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: 2008 December 04, 07:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the admins were stripped of their positions for no reason. I emailed him asking for an explanation. We're supermods, but we can't see the moderator discussions anymore. I wonder if he just deleted them? It wouldn't surprise me at all.

For some reason the moderator discussions are now open to the public.
Saharia
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: 2008 December 04, 07:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason the moderator discussions are now open to the public.

But only some of the public. There are other non staff, non talent who can't see it. What on EARTH did he do?
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3028 on: 2008 December 04, 07:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the site's down again - for me, anyway - so I can't see what's up with that.

He must have found the FAIL button.
Storm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: 2008 December 04, 07:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought, and I know it wont be a very popular one but it’s worth a thought maybe, why don’t we deliver this problem onto EA’s doorstep?

Tell them that a business man, who has absolutely no interest what-so-ever in their game, is attempting to make a buck on their work? Granted they ignored the scum over at TSR, but TSR is still a sims 2 community site and is (apparently in their dim witted opinion) somehow advancing their sales.

But witless Walt is in it to ride his own money making train, isn’t doing anything to help them, and I’m thinking EA may not like that too much.

Plus, what a slap in the face - See you idiots, you ignore the whole illegal sales of the CC and look what happens.

edit to add a word I left off  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: