PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 22:42:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 21 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913651 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2670 on: 2008 December 03, 15:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots of blind, panicked fumbling. And now he's melted the server AGAIN.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: 2008 December 03, 15:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As to the question 'Is Insim a paysite?', the answer is "no, not right now."

So one would ask 'Will Insim be a paysite?', the answer is "you better believe it!"

In Walt's own words:

Do I intend to pay myself for what I actually do to help the site prosper and flourish?

Sure.

Nor do I want to limit such distributions to myself.

Actually, in the long run, I forsee reinvesting most income directly into the site, and that very definitely includes the idea of paying people to make the site better.
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: 2008 December 03, 15:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and you can imagine what our thoughts were on THAT little gem

the staff are there because they love doing what they do, not in the hopes of getting money out of it
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: 2008 December 03, 15:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people will always be ungrateful arseholes no matter how much help they receive. Just look at what happened over at GoS when Liegenschonheit borked the site! Pescado fixed it, but a handful of people took time out of their busy "I want moar f2m hair conversions nao!" thread-starting schedule to heap criticism on him!

Some people are just beyond all help, sadly.

This be the 'I want Khan pants now!' thread, or did they slag him off elsewhere? Seemed so stupid that people got their knickers in a twist when Liegen didn't say he was in the wrong or did anything about it Roll Eyes

And when are we getting a response from Walt over all this?

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Lowell
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: 2008 December 03, 15:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking a mini-step out of my lurking (and most likely promptly running back to it as soon as I post this).

The next few sentences after what you quoted also reek of TSR, Yaardam. He mentioned wanting to provide "benefits" for the mods (and it's implied to the creators, as well) off of the profits he wants to make off of a "voluntary donation program" and ad revenue.

I'm also really baffled by the person who seems to be defending Walt's position and attacking everyone who was trying to do something to help the community in all of this...
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: 2008 December 03, 15:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I go to bed and 20 pages pop up.  I know sleep is for the weak, but I'm currently weaker than usual because I've had a cold since Monday that I'm trying to get over.   

I am not sure of the link to the adult one.  But the main one is saying it's not there.  Unless I just got ipbanned as I accused him of being Eric.

LOL  You live up to your nickname.

ETA:  I wonder if E&K are lurking around and watching this.  Something for them to get off on together as a couple.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2676 on: 2008 December 03, 15:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, this was all going to be another TSR.  I have no doubt.

BTW, did anyone get a hold of Enayla?  And did I not see Warlokk post someplace? Why is his stuff still up?  I don't care about the insimenator as a hack, but I would love to see Enayla, Warlokk and Squinge's stuff down. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2677 on: 2008 December 03, 16:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, did anyone get a hold of Enayla?  And did I not see Warlokk post someplace? Why is his stuff still up?  I don't care about the insimenator as a hack, but I would love to see Enayla, Warlokk and Squinge's stuff down. 

Enayla, I don't know, but Warlokk has posted here and at the Oasis (I think). Maybe he doesn't know about the revolution yet?

jsalemi
Landlubber

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: 2008 December 03, 16:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to briefly get into insim, and warlokk's stuff is gone from there now.  Just a bunch of empty threads left behind, blowing in the wind.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2679 on: 2008 December 03, 16:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, who did this? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

http://insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=701

uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: 2008 December 03, 16:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people will always be ungrateful arseholes no matter how much help they receive. Just look at what happened over at GoS when Liegenschonheit borked the site! Pescado fixed it, but a handful of people took time out of their busy "I want moar f2m hair conversions nao!" thread-starting schedule to heap criticism on him!

Some people are just beyond all help, sadly.

This be the 'I want Khan pants now!' thread, or did they slag him off elsewhere? Seemed so stupid that people got their knickers in a twist when Liegen didn't say he was in the wrong or did anything about it Roll Eyes

That thread in particular, but I remember there being a couple of snidey comments elsewhere on the site too.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
scarecrow
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: 2008 December 03, 16:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you guys seen this?  Cheesy

Edit: I see Devilfish noticed it as well. It's gothplague's work, by the look of the edits.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: 2008 December 03, 16:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, and this is in reference to something waaaaay back there already (?) ... I agree with Delphy, for the reasons Inge mentioned. 'Nuff with that for me. I'm starting to sound like a Sim site "dittohead".

Secondly, if one wants an e-mail still on the site to see what Walt will be up to, but doesn't want the spam, there are some good e-mail services that provide you with a truly disposable address. www.spammotel.com is one of them. In this one, you specify how many e-mails you'll tolerate from Walt, then the address is dead. Period. Walt can spam you with a hundred more e-mails. It won't matter.

There are other services like these that act a bit differently. Spamgourmet and sneakemail come to mind, but I know there are others. I've used both of these, too. I've done the disposable route with Yahoo, as well. You set up a proxy address, then get rid of the address when you have no more use of it.

This one looks pretty good. I haven't used it, but I DO like how your "disposable" address is in the reply line:

http://email.about.com/cs/dispaddrrevs/gr/emailias.htm

And of course, there is the older method of taking out a e-mail address unique to Insim only, and seeing if you DO get spammed. If you do, well, no great loss. Get rid of the account.

So it may not be necessary to kill your e-mail addies, if you are reluctant to do so. But changing them in case you get e-mail from "third parties" and "partners" isn't a bad idea.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 16:20:53 by silver » Logged
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2683 on: 2008 December 03, 16:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to briefly get into insim, and warlokk's stuff is gone from there now.  Just a bunch of empty threads left behind, blowing in the wind.

They must be in the middle of the burning, because the Female Bodyshape Variety Project still has files. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: 2008 December 03, 16:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, LOL! Ok, who got into their accounts - was it you Gothplague *hinthint at the last edited by name* Cheesy

It wouldn't surprise me uknortherner - people always take him too seriously; yes, he may seem like a harsh bastard but he's all nice and fluffy under that hard exterior Wink

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: