PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:53:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 18 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913632 times)
Jymm
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2175 on: 2008 December 02, 23:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotcha.  Done and done.
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: 2008 December 02, 23:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a heap!  Kiss

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: 2008 December 02, 23:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant more as respect out of those that got shafted, really. Also, if we hosted it against their will, how does that make us any better than Thomass? K&E might not have had any ethical standards, but we sure in the hell do.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
deathtowalt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: 2008 December 02, 23:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hunter was indeed developing a new improved bigger and better love rug to be hosted along with the rest of their creations at ISA. They liked the community and support/input we provided at ISA compared to SXS2. The new animations by Chris & joker were becoming a big draw and were developing futher as well with each passing week. Warlokk's 3D meshes were a monster draw as were Bloom and Gothplague's creations. Also we had many talented and creative folks but those are some of the big names. We had our resident CN's though, too, so not everything was ducky.

The two sites are going together as a package ~ both need the same consideration when discussed I believe.

Paden and I tallked long and hard about the whole InSIM hack hosting thing last night. She knows how I feel about it and has a better voice among you here so I'll defer to her...
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 23:55:56 by deathtowalt » Logged
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: 2008 December 02, 23:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For us to host it without their permission would be like stealing. No matter what we think of what they pulled, we still respect a creator's rights on this.
That was in regards to the InSIM, Skadi, I forgot to clarify that. They're nowhere to ask and after the way they shafted folks, no one really cares to contact them. Let it rot, is the opinion I'm picking up.

This is crazy. Regardless of what the majority of people think, Kathy and Eric didn't even own that. They had no right to sell it. Eric found some in game cheats, put them on an in game model and put it up for download. For anyone to care if it is stealing from them or not, they surely didn't give a fuck they stole from any of the people who donated. To not want to bother with updating is one thing, to still try and show those assholes any sort of respect is insane to me.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2180 on: 2008 December 02, 23:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant more as respect out of those that got shafted, really. Also, if we hosted it against their will, how does that make us any better than Thomass? K&E might not have had any ethical standards, but we sure in the hell do.

Fair enough. I can certainly understand not wanting anything to do with those two on any site where the Insim people would hang out. As for being better than them... Well, I suppose you're right, but it would stop people from going back to 'old' Insim for it and maybe sticking around (assuming Walt doesn't nuke it at some point). The thing is Thomas keeps files regardless of what creators want, retires them without them wanting to, ignores people who want their stuff taken down... Eric just up and left. I seriously doubt he cares. So there's a difference there, I think.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: 2008 December 02, 23:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, isn't the InSimenator being hosted elsewhere right now? So is it really that important that it be hosted on the new/better/Pescado-run InSim?

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: 2008 December 02, 23:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not especially I wouldn't think, but to not host it on some sort of moral code to not "steal" something from them is insane.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: 2008 December 02, 23:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Paden on this one. We're the good guys, they're not. That's the difference.  Besides you don't want a piece of unsupported software sitting on your site.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: 2008 December 02, 23:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Eric wasn't updating the InSimenator, I am guessing someone was?

Is the ethical question: To keep or not to keep, now that Eric has jumped ship? OR do we let the person who has been updating it, keep it on the new site?

Sorry if this was clarified before, but I am kinda slow eh? Or are we taking a poll?

I for one don't think I have a say in this. I don't use it, and I don't know who has taken over the Insim reins (the hack not the site)

InsimAdult News: Awesome! Glad to hear it Smiley Can't wait till you guys settle down so I can have a proper nose around Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: 2008 December 02, 23:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that hosting the InSimenator would not only not be necessary, but would definitely give other people a reason to bitch and/or question our morality, which could undermine the mission statement. Of course, I'm assuming that Paysites Must Be Destroyed is the mission statement. If MOAR FIGHT is the mission statement, then hosting it could very well achieve that end.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Craftingmomma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: 2008 December 02, 23:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Paden on this one. We're the good guys, they're not. That's the difference.  Besides you don't want a piece of unsupported software sitting on your site.

Totally agree with this.  To me just having it would be a sick reminder of what they did.  Plus we may be Pirates, but we have ethics.

Passes rum around.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: 2008 December 02, 23:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, maybe I am wrong here, but didn't InSIM basically become a paysite when K&E started with the whole " OMG Give us monies or the whole site will ASPLODE!" ? Are we not PMBD?  Shouldn't we try and cause as much butthurt as possible?  No, I don't think keeping an unsupported hack on a site is a good idea, but wouldn't it help out with traffic and the people who didn't get it before everything became a BFBVFS? By all means, take it down later, or even post up links if it gets updated later by someone else. I guess I am just confused as to why any sort of courtesy is being extended to them, especially now.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: 2008 December 02, 23:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the ethical question: To keep or not to keep, now that Eric has jumped ship? OR do we let the person who has been updating it, keep it on the new site?

Did K & E ever clarify if they were selling that particular file along with the site? Cuz' if they didn't specify, and E doesn't have any interest in the insimenator anymore... I don't know how much he'd care as long as he got the credit for it... Does that sort of make sense?
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: 2008 December 03, 00:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, InSIM is not something totally original, and has been imitated in shinier versions by various hackers around the web. It is not a Holy Grail.
HOWEVER, the name is still something Eric came up with, and the reputation and history of that mod is still popular and looked for by Simmers all over the globe.
To take that away from Eric and plaster it on another site NOT named InSim --THAT is the real debate.

I personally say, let Insim sink. Eric walked away from it with a price, let the fucking thing die. I know it meant a lot for some people, but look how Eric repays you.
Don't get caught up in the logistics of it. It's not going to be an object of the future, the original creator is gone. Do not let it live. Let it go. I thought I wasn't going to have a say in this, but it seems pointless to argue about it.
It feels like stealing in some way, and although they deserve it, the name is now a stigma. Let the rebirth begin.

My two cents of course Tongue *grabs rum bottle from Carft*  Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: