PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 22:09:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 19 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913638 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2160 on: 2008 December 02, 22:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeesss... I'm confused, was that an additional point or more of a "Err, except..." because I agree with you.  Huh  The site was worth more before all the kerfuffle.  Now it's not worth much at all besides for spare parts (the domain name itself and the traffic that'd generate from people who still haven't caught on).

No, I was actually agreeing with you. You see, I pretend to speak English all nice and proper but really, when people are posting this fast my second-language-grammar lobe goes kersplode. I'll start typing better again, promise  Grin

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: 2008 December 02, 22:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For us to host it without their permission would be like stealing. No matter what we think of what they pulled, we still respect a creator's rights on this.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: 2008 December 02, 22:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, when Delphy made the offer to buy him out, Insim was still alive and no plans of burnination were in the making yet, no Warplan Beige. If Walt had kept up, he'd have known the situation has changed by now.

Yeeesss... I'm confused, was that an additional point or more of a "Err, except..." because I agree with you.  Huh  The site was worth more before all the kerfuffle.  Now it's not worth much at all besides for spare parts (the domain name itself and the traffic that'd generate from people who still haven't caught on).

Walt considered himself such a good businessman and with all his know-how from his understanding of the depression, he started off with a viable healthy website that he thought he could buy when it wasn't his at all to what it is now, only worth some incoming traffic from people just passing on by that don't know what occurred.   WTG Walt, guess next time you buy a bag of crap you should open up the bag and see exactly what your purchase was.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2163 on: 2008 December 02, 23:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Watching Wank has reminded me of the lulz I get from watching Deal or No Deal.

Wank: Internetz is srs bizns, show me moniez!
Delphy: $2500 and you fuck off.
Wank: Noes, I want MOAR! Iz Investment!
Pes: Here's $10. Fuck off.
Wank: Lose.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: 2008 December 02, 23:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off Topic for a sec here: I am ignorant to the new developments made by InSIM Adult. Were they considerable changes? More stable ones perhaps?
Remember The Sims 1 love rug? That rug was coloured fabulously, and streamlined in most homes with 100% new animations. Wonder if The Sims 2 adult community got that far.Would be a shame to stop their progress.
Maybe the sister sites can remain together in some way rather than be estranged from each other. Unless of course there was no common denominator in staff/members? Then estrange all the way, if you so wish.

Back On Topic:
Walt knows something is up, and I am still curious to his asking price.

Paden: Have ALL members being informed about the possible move? Permissions have to be given yes, but if they don't say, will they be archived until a confirmation can be made or just deleted? Either way Walt has them in his server.
Is he by proxy, stealing them too?

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2165 on: 2008 December 02, 23:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For us to host it without their permission would be like stealing. No matter what we think of what they pulled, we still respect a creator's rights on this.

Is this in regards to InSim or Enayla's stuff?

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
Aarron
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: 2008 December 02, 23:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DeathtoWalt is right.  A lot of the adult mods and hacks were being moved to insim adult.  I hope a new version of the adult site can be made, because the creators of these items seemed to feel at home on the site.

Think its been made clear that BOTH sites will be brought back both here and on Sim-oasis. we're just waiting for the servers to stop melting long enuff for Pes to finish the pillageing
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2167 on: 2008 December 02, 23:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't -think- Enayla would mind, all things considered.  I know she wants credit for her work, and who can blame her for that - we all like credit.  But I do agree that if anyone has some way to contact her, it'd be best.

As for insim, I'd say start sneding people after other mods - they exist out there.  I can't imagine the folks with hard feelings want to see Eric's mod on the new site - but that's just me.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: 2008 December 02, 23:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was in regards to the InSIM, Skadi, I forgot to clarify that. They're nowhere to ask and after the way they shafted folks, no one really cares to contact them. Let it rot, is the opinion I'm picking up.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Jymm
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: 2008 December 02, 23:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading this thread since last Thursday.  I've found some information regarding contacting Enayla You might want to try  going to her site (http://www.furiae.com/) was last updated in January of this year.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 23:25:52 by Jymm » Logged
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2170 on: 2008 December 02, 23:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was in regards to the InSIM, Skadi, I forgot to clarify that. They're nowhere to ask and after the way they shafted folks, no one really cares to contact them. Let it rot, is the opinion I'm picking up.

I really don't care what happens to the hack myself, I already have all I need, but I can imagine others might want it. And TOUs are based on respect right? We honor them because the creators ask us to, not because we're legally bound to. That's why we ignore paysite creator TOUs. And if people don't want it on the new site because of hard feelings, no skin of my nose. But to refuse to have it out of respect for the creator? I can't wrap my mind around that, really.

Aarron
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: 2008 December 02, 23:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off Topic for a sec here: I am ignorant to the new developments made by InSIM Adult. Were they considerable changes? More stable ones perhaps?.

Well, apart from his own modded objects Chris Hatch was working with Jokerswild to bring us some damn good group sex animations. And as already been mentioned Hunter had just started to move their stuff over and was alrdy talking about an orgy rug (probly simerler to what you was refuering to) so i'd say there was some decent develoments taking place over at ISAdult
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: 2008 December 02, 23:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be more comfortable if you would edit your post to remove Enayla's real name and business email, Jymm. Perhaps  PM it to Paden or one of the other InSim mods, who could get in touch with her. Just so her business inbox doesn't get flooded with sims crap from well meaning people.  Smiley

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: 2008 December 02, 23:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading this thread since last Thursday ...

Um, maybe just the site addy would be sufficient. We wouldn't want to be responsible for meltzorizing her inbox.

ETA: ninja'd by a pickle, high five!

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Craftingmomma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: 2008 December 02, 23:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to Eric and Kathy's creations, those were the only creations they were entitled to sell.  My opinion, none of their stuff should be on the new site.  There are alternatives to insim.  Although for the 2 things I use the most, careers and toddler training, haven't found satisfactory replacements.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: