PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 13:11:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 18 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913455 times)
Indi
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2130 on: 2008 December 02, 22:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't Skadi sharing the most recent version of Insimenator on Sublime?

Or if Walt does go paysite I can imagine it will be found in the booty.
I rather like that idea...
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: 2008 December 02, 22:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep.. Skadi's got a link up on our forum, I remembered right. http://sublimesims.net/smf/index.php?topic=1302.0 It's just temporary til this whole thing gets sorted out.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: 2008 December 02, 22:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, make it purple neon pink
*eye twitch*
as much as I love purple and neon pink (though perhaps not together) I think the rest of the staff would lynch me for even suggesting it LOL

Hehe, bad combination huh? But you know what I mean Smiley I look forward to your (and other Mods) updates on here, to see how your new home is going.

Warlokk; You were a fan of creator centred sections? Maybe the new site can have these too, but maybe more like MTS2 where you have your own "mini site" but the rest of the site is organised in categories like the game is "Genetics, Objects, Walls, etc" Because I don't know about other downloaders, but I usually look under each game category to see what I need. If it's all under "creators" I feel pressed for time to trawl through for what I need. IMO of course Smiley

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2133 on: 2008 December 02, 22:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for my question in regards to some folks in the community not liking the idea of two people who have from my point of view done a lot to help in this time of crisis regarding the InSim sites and overall for the Sims2 community its not that big of deal to me I was just wondeirng that was all.

There's a saying here, don't know if there's an English equivalent: high trees catch the most wind. The most well-known people will be gossiped about and scrutinised the most. There has been so much talk it's impossible to give a recap (and it'd be a little weird, since they're, like, right here) but if you're going to judge people by their actions, you can do a lot worse than Delphy and the FOJ, in my opinion.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2134 on: 2008 December 02, 22:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep.. Skadi's got a link up on our forum, I remembered right. http://sublimesims.net/smf/index.php?topic=1302.0 It's just temporary til this whole thing gets sorted out.
All three editions are available now too.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2135 on: 2008 December 02, 22:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All three editions are available now too.

Bookmarked, in case someone asks again. Thanks for hosting that Skadi  Wink

cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: 2008 December 02, 22:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crazy what's going on over there... I've been mostly out of the scene for a while now, but I still checked in and posted regularly at both sites, since all my newest work was there.  I never posted the more recent stuff at MTS2/SXS2 simply because they were so busy it took forever to post, and it was handy having everything in one nice, easy-to-find place with my own section.  Never could understand all the drama though... drama kills more internet communities...

Oh, just registered here to post... been a fan for years! Aaarrggh!!! Grin

I'm still torn on whether I should pull my stuff from the site (if it ever comes back up)... I still have all my files so I will most likely upload to MTS2/SXS2, or whatever else springs up that looks appealing.  Guess I'll wait and see for now.

Good to hear from you here, as I was wondering where any new creations might end up (if anywhere at all). 

Fangirl moment here; my game would not look half as interesting without your content.

This turnaround by Wart has me snickering at how much epic fail this guy has achieved.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2137 on: 2008 December 02, 22:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy to do my bit to stick it to Walt.

On a side thought, I am left curious as to what lengths K&E misrepresented the site to Walt for him to be surprised at the whole "money only for hosting expenses" thing. One would imagine that they showed him enough of an income to justify a lump sum payment. To me it indicated that K&E have been making a tidy profit from InSim. I also wonder if we could get access to the information shown to Walt, if we could go after them for scamming money while they were running InSim.

I guess I just really want to see Karma and butthurt catch up with those two. It appears Karma has already found Walt.  Cheesy

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: 2008 December 02, 22:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That brings up an interesting question about the insimenator.  I'm assuming it won't make an appearance on the new site, so where would anyone who continues using it go for tech support? Will it just be a "use at your own risk" type of situation from here on in? Have any of you guys over at Oasis graciously volunteered to take on that role or are you all washing your hands of it altogether.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Aarron
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: 2008 December 02, 22:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This turnaround by Wart has me snickering at how much epic fail this guy has achieved.

Aye. and the whole thing aint even over yet. Is it too late to enter him in the guinness book or records for most epic fail of all time? Tongue
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: 2008 December 02, 22:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone contacted Enayla yet, and let her know whats been going on?  She should know, in case she decides to post moar pixie skins, or eyes or whatever. She can decide for herself where she wants to continue posting.  I suspect she may want to post it in the new Pescadoian site, whatever it gets called, but then again thats her call.

Being a rabid Enayla fangurl, I actually have most of her stuff from InSim, and I suspect many others do as well. She's posted here once or twice, so I would imagine she's not 100% against Pescado, but I sure would like to hear from her.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
DecoraChroi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: 2008 December 02, 22:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That brings up an interesting question about the insimenator.  I'm assuming it won't make an appearance on the new site, so where would anyone who continues using it go for tech support? Will it just be a "use at your own risk" type of situation from here on in? Have any of you guys over at Oasis graciously volunteered to take on that role or are you all washing your hands of it altogether.

were gonna give the good "ol use at your own risk".
Knownasjr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: 2008 December 02, 22:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crazy what's going on over there... I've been mostly out of the scene for a while now, but I still checked in and posted regularly at both sites, since all my newest work was there.  I never posted the more recent stuff at MTS2/SXS2 simply because they were so busy it took forever to post, and it was handy having everything in one nice, easy-to-find place with my own section.  Never could understand all the drama though... drama kills more internet communities...

Oh, just registered here to post... been a fan for years! Aaarrggh!!! Grin

I'm still torn on whether I should pull my stuff from the site (if it ever comes back up)... I still have all my files so I will most likely upload to MTS2/SXS2, or whatever else springs up that looks appealing.  Guess I'll wait and see for now.
Well War I learnīt this phrase from You: All my things was made for free and must remains free. (Iīm waiting the Pes signal to go there and remove my few stuff.) Grin until I get the signal  I donīt want to get there.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2143 on: 2008 December 02, 22:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to assume nobody will have a problem with Insimenator being posted elsewhere, preferably on the new site. If that happens, it can be a 'use at your own risk' sort of thing with users helping each other out if there's problems, and a neat little link to Sims Blender for those who want a hack that's actually supported by the creator. Looks like a good solution to me, for now. If Eric ever posts an update, I say snag that one as well and screw his sharing policies. Those are based on respect anyway, and none of us have any of that left for him, methinks.

Being a rabid Enayla fangurl, I actually have most of her stuff from InSim, and I suspect many others do as well. She's posted here once or twice, so I would imagine she's not 100% against Pescado, but I sure would like to hear from her.

I'm a fan too. I'm sure most of her stuff was snagged by at least a dozen different people before. It's just that she's got a right to know what's happening to the site and her stuff.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 22:42:07 by Devilfish » Logged

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2144 on: 2008 December 02, 22:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generally I haven't seen the insim create problems once it's been updated for an ep. Theoretically, it shouldn't need much, if any, support.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: