PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 20:45:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 15 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913605 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2100 on: 2008 December 02, 20:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Alex, but what if Walt/Eric/Kathy feel all smug turning down the offer instead of realising it was a joke?   I cringe every time I think that *he* thinks he's got any ground.  There's principles here!  Cheesy

And more seriously, what if some of the less shrewd more generous users did think Pescado was serious and started piling in the donations?  The thought that Walt/Kathy/Eric might get the money they're after turns my stomach.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: 2008 December 02, 20:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Alex, but what if Walt/Eric/Kathy feel all smug turning down the offer instead of realising it was a joke?   I cringe every time I think that *he* thinks he's got any ground.  There's principles here!  Cheesy

I love whenever he thinks he's got any ground. The better off he thinks he is, the worse the surprise and pain will be when everything's yanked out from under him. Everyone should tell him we're 100% behind him and we're going to pay him thousands of dollars for his stupidity!

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: 2008 December 02, 20:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, I've been thinking that, too.  Who's to say that Walt's on the level?  His takeover has been done so idiotically  that it's practically incredible that it was done in good faith. Maybe his plan was always to ditch the site immediately.  I don't have a clue how he could do this, but have a funny feeling that somehow he'll emerge with a large bag of money. Sad

ETA:  Could Walt's understanding have been that he was buying the Insim tool? 

As far as a new site goes, smaller and less centralized always appeals to me more than larger and centralized.  Why take for granted that the outcome should be one unified site? Can't groups of people go their separate ways with this?  Things are less likely to stagnate, and power is more likely to be distributed, in that case.

Guess I'm irrelevant again.  Wish I could read, type, and click faster. Cry
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 20:59:18 by dietofworms » Logged

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: 2008 December 02, 20:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's nothing wrong with the Insim guys having a new home they can go to dietofworms.. Otherwise, the community is poorer for the actions of some shady types. There's nothing wrong with that home being different from the current Insim though.. having a different name, downloads and structure to be determined by the staff.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: 2008 December 02, 21:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also keeping Insim as one of the large free sites is good as it diverts people from the hell hole that is TSR. IMHO the more we as a community can offer for free, even silly board games, the less new people will get drawn to paycrap sites.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: 2008 December 02, 21:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also keeping Insim as one of the large free sites is good as it diverts people from the hell hole that is TSR.

True... I can't think of many other nonspecific sites for downloading (I mean, like, Garden of Shadows is kind of goth/emo/alternative themed) cc other than... Mts2 and a couple of others.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: 2008 December 02, 21:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may get flaming bags of poo thrown at me but, I am not 100% surerebuilding InSIM is something that should be done anyway. It should be a new site, maybe some of the same people, but new on a whole. I'm sure that in my skimming this thread, someone else may have said the same, but InSIM stands for so much deceit now, nothing good can come from trying to remake it even if Kathy and Eric, or Walt for that matter, never even see it.

Also, I think the three of them (Walt, Kathy and Eric) should die in a fire. I hate them all equally. And we should try and screw Walt like he has never been screwed before. Which judging by his Nemo wallpaper, is at all.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: 2008 December 02, 21:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, geez girl what time did you wake up? I've been reading for an hour and it's just now 8am. Heh. Sleepy Dee is Sleepy.

BURN HIM!!!! I agree with every pirate who understands that an outsider walking away from this, holding a bag of money is an INSULT to the hard work and investment of the community!

Let's see what happens after Warplan Beige, once the data is captured, and diplomacy is tried ($10 bucks? Love it) and Walt sticks his scrawny neck to peep out "5K! NO LESS!" , I hope that's when everyone jumps onto a new ship and starts cheering as his expensive hull starts sinking. Hopefully there will be time to see his head being chopped of by an angry Mod.
Kathy and Eric are scum of the earth, and this will be forever immortalised in the "Infamous Burning of InSim"!!!!

I honestly don't care who gets involved in InSim, as long as it's a place I can go to and occasional hang out and grab stuff. Hopefully the atmosphere is great and completely restored, and I for one, look forward to that. I really do Smiley
It doesn't matter if it's called something else, or it's somewhere else. It will be like Sims Cave, where it was rebuilt and it attracted new people and formed it's own community. Kudos to that!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: 2008 December 02, 21:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is the thing.. you can't "force" the same community or exactly the same site. All you can do is give people a home that they can be in, and make the atmosphere the best you can.

avaly
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: 2008 December 02, 21:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would hate to see the good things that made insim the community it was be lost though.
Every site has it good and bad points and things that make it unique. Great to get
rid of the stuff that has bad memories and deceit of Kathy and Eric but not to lose the
community. Everyone's put in in such combined effort to save the community and
good things going. Sometimes the best things come out of turmoil and make a group
tighter and stronger. I would just hate to see things fall out that everyone goes their own seperate
way in the end cause I think some good really would be lost then. You can make any place
your home but you can't replace "family".  All the sims communities have come together
over the loss and betrayl of insim and that in itself has been something no one can put a price
on. Wherever the insim community lands or calls it home, I just hope it can still be all the best
of what it was before (without the bad stuff associated with K&E)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2110 on: 2008 December 02, 21:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, geez girl what time did you wake up? I've been reading for an hour and it's just now 8am. Heh. Sleepy Dee is Sleepy.

I research/write the thing at night so as to not have children bother me.  Wink This is what I do while I'm thinking.  Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
astroth
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: 2008 December 02, 21:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The website doesn't make the community, its the members and in this case also the custom content.

Now Walt I hope doesn't get anything near whatever he paid for InSim.  Just getting the server would be the only reason I would even remotely conisder paying that numbnut idiot anything.

Now since Pescado seems to be willing and is actually trying to save the content of the InSim sites as a whole, even willing to host as is Delphy
from what has been said in the 14o some odd pages in this topic and also I believe that was at little to no cost to the overall communinty which to me is very nice thing for them to offer.  I also think the staff from InSim should be charge with the actual running of clone site though they should also be able to make the changes they see or felt were need before this whole mess happened.  The clone site forum software is not that important to me, though I feel if the staff from the InSim sites should at least have been asked which they want though thats just me wanting peace as much as possible among people.

I do agree that finding downloads on InSim was a challege in of itself so anything that can improve that is fine with me.

Now this question may get me hanged or whatever but I feel for those of that haven't paid much if any real attention to politics in this community what are peoples issues in regards to Pescado and Delphy and folks not wanting them host a clone of InSim?

Now back to your regular scheduled whatever
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: 2008 December 02, 21:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is still the part I love.

"If the community really believes that only server costs and domain name costs should be covered, this is the only way I can see to make that happen".

He really hasn't been paying attention has he.  Man up there Walt!

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Indi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: 2008 December 02, 21:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been lurking in this thread for a few days now and decided it was time to become a proper member to show my support.
Thanks to everyone involved in saving the creators work.
I'm looking forward to seeing/being where the creators and mods of insim/insimadult end up.
At the end of the day it's about the community, something Walt seems to not be able to realize or even want to learn.

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: 2008 December 02, 21:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this question may get me hanged or whatever but I feel for those of that haven't paid much if any real attention to politics in this community what are peoples issues in regards to Pescado and Delphy and folks not wanting them host a clone of InSim?

Now back to your regular scheduled whatever

A Pescado OR Delphy hosted Insim would be lean, mean and running better..

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: