PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 23:59:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 12 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913672 times)
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2085 on: 2008 December 02, 20:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only went to Insim to get the obvious, the Insiminator itself. But what I'd like to see is a) a clone of the site put up so that any data can be gathered that was not gathered during the Great Pillage of '08, b) Pescado and Delphy setting up the new home of (insert new name here), c) the two Great Minds get the site set up and running and hand over control to the InSim mods for pretty much doing what the did at Insim before Walt, and d) everyone going back to business as usual at the new site.

That's just my $0.02.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
ThatScaryChick
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2086 on: 2008 December 02, 20:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My obvious question is.. Sim Oasis appears to my eyes to be doing very well. Why don't you look at moving it somewhere more powerful and maybe make that everyone's new home? Everyone loves the layout and stuff. All it requires is more powerful server space and expanding out to include stuff like the old Insim downloads. That would be my suggestion anyway.

I like the site, but I wish they would put up a section for stories. They have a picture section which is nice, but I enjoy reading the Sims stories.

thatscarychick.com and simsoaps.com
What Lies Beneath (A sims soap opera comic strip.)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: 2008 December 02, 20:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think you guys should look at building up Sim Oasis if it's possible and if you don't hate the idea.. it seems to be developing to be a really nice site.

I think it's by no means certain that all the staff and creators are going to want to stay on board an InSimenator clone that has been, however kindly and hands-offly, set up by Pescado or Delphy.  I think some of them have already decided to do their own thing.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: 2008 December 02, 20:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think you guys should look at building up Sim Oasis if it's possible

I think this is a good idea too. It's a nice-looking site with a good name, and it's already set up. Obviously it will need to be updated extensively with all the downloads and new organization, but I think this is the simplest solution.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: 2008 December 02, 20:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My understanding is Oasis is to be -just- a contest community.  I could be wrong, but that seems to be what they wanted to do with it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: 2008 December 02, 20:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Oasis doesn't want the adult site and we're really trying to keep it all together, like not split the family up? We've got lots of staff onboard and some that decided to leave don't mind what we're doing, for the main part from what I have been told.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: 2008 December 02, 20:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Oasis doesn't want the adult site and we're really trying to keep it all together, like not split the family up? We've got lots of staff onboard and some that decided to leave don't mind what we're doing, for the main part from what I have been told.
Yeah, this sprang to mind too. I don't see any benefit of splitting it up, although I can see why making Oasis the "new InSIM" was suggested. I think Oasis will become a reputable community of it's own though.
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: 2008 December 02, 20:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aaaaaaand we melted the Oasis  Undecided
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: 2008 December 02, 20:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

insimadult is a must.  That site got quadruple slapped in the face. If I read correctly it was being held hostage the way inseminator was with K/E.  That announcement he put on the adult site smacked of they won't let me make this site subscription but your not pulling your weight so I might not keep you.  Yeah right well we ain't keeping Wallt.  I stay with option 3 combined with the idea of flaming bag of poo.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: 2008 December 02, 20:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

too much traffic eledhel? That was why I suggested only using Oasis as your community if you could get more powerful server space.

Honestly, I think you guys maybe just need a new site rather than worrying about Insim.. it be broked. Wink And it's not like you guys are all that fond of the name, anyway. All you'd need is to get the buy-in of people like Bloom and Squinge so you're offering the same downloads, some decent server space and a name you can all agree on and you're set.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: 2008 December 02, 20:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cant believe anyone is actually considering talking to Walt and/or making ANY kind of financial arrangements!

1) Insim is dead; the old place is cursed...let it go.

2)  Walt has the name...he got screwed...too bad so sad.

3)  The 'name' is not important, the people & the files are...and Walt doesnt own them.

Look, Walt only holds the domain name...and who would want to pay for a name that simply is connected with greed, hurt, anger and betrayal??   Why are you even considering offering anything to this clown Walt, Pescado?

Start a new site (you said the server had to be bought anyway right?)  and let Walt holding the name and a server nobody is using; he was too damned greedy, so let him pay for his greed.  Do not let the prick benefit in any way.  

Do not pay this clown a damned dime; it isnt worth it.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: 2008 December 02, 20:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play Neverwinter Nights 1 and all the haks for the game are hosted on Bioware's servers for free. The last update and patch for the game was released in August and featured a lot of community created content. So, yes the Sims is a different culture all together.

Oh, dear lord! How has this tragedy come into existence that we're the only community that allows paysite nonsense! *hangs head* I am going to try and find some pseodo-ancient lore that explains how this happened. Angry Here I was thinking we weren't the only ones that dealt with the plague... Ugh.
Okay, um, this is just my own little fantasy, but I think it would be really awesome if:
-- The Oasis was kept as the social aspect of Insim, aka the Contest sections, sections for fun and games, stories, etc.
-- Another site was made for the downloads and possible adult forums. I have no idea how that would work, since I suck at technical things. It would be especially awesome if one did not have to register to download.

But there are tons of holes in my idea, I'm sure.  Tongue
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: 2008 December 02, 20:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aaaaaaand we melted the Oasis  Undecided

That was me, I was gawking, scusi.

Ya I was bored again, enjoy

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: 2008 December 02, 20:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Proving, once more, that he didn't read the fricking EULA before coughing up the cash. K&E really found a good target for their con.

I am still not entirely sure Walt is not K or E or a friend of theirs.  In which case it is still US who are being conned.  I say we don't engage with this guy/woman at all.  Just delete all the stuff and leave.

I have to agree.  He has inconsistent statements - first he greets the community with "nobody knows the trouble they've seen" - talking about how we wouldn't say these things if we knew what they'd been through.  Then he talks in his later posts about how he doesn't know them, doesn't know the agreement with them - doesn't know anything. Similar to Kathy and Eric, he turns up out of the blue for abrupt changes, with added threats and hostage holding.

Kathy and Eric came up with the same sort of nebulous claims. And took money. It may well be that this is indeed another scam at the community again.

As far as recouping his money - if he's worth his salt, he'll have a contract with terms that are actionable in a court of law - he can sue Kathy and Eric for misrepresenting their goods of sale - in that they promised him something he could never have.  If he's not worth his salt, well that's a valuable lesson learned, and he should take down the offer to buy websites on a good faith basis.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: 2008 December 02, 20:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Pescado only wants to tease Wart. He's guaranteed to reject Pescado's offer anyway, as apparently Delphy's much higher offer was apparently not good enough (and because Wart is a greedy conman of course).
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: