PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 14:02:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 23 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913474 times)
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1500 on: 2008 December 01, 04:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yarrcat, the biggest problem with that is there is never going to be a reason that will justify PMBD helping to create a paysite.  Just isnt going to happen, no matter how good you think the reason is.  Sorry.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1501 on: 2008 December 01, 04:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, its not really good to make the 12s' hangout the laughing stock - 12s grow up faster when given a chance to learn how to be respectful, and in turn earn respect - real respect.

Not all 12s are rampaging idiots - young, naive, and sometimes annoying, but everyone was 12 once - unless they're still 6s.  Also, 12s don't really -have- money, especially not now.  And having them blow it on some guy who is making an 'investment' is just.....wrongwrongwrong.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: 2008 December 01, 04:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am kinda shocked here. Think of how everyone acted when we found out someone was hacking Nouks website. How upset people were, and now people are voting to attack a website that is still free. He may be talking about subs, but they aren't there yet. I vote no for the burning. Same reasons as Nouk.

If I told you your kitty was stuck in the bathroom and the only way to save her was burning the door down, but it might potentially burn your whole house, how would some of you react? I know my first reaction would be "Fuck no! Find another way." And honestly, to echo what has been said, this isn't TSR. I would take the high road and not give those paysite bastards something to point and laugh at.

I don't care the cause. NO cause is worthy of potentially destroying the website. Besides, if we have a good portion of the website, we should just open it, tell the creators, and see if they flock to it. If they do, great, no more need to keep downloading. If they don't, oh well, we tried.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1503 on: 2008 December 01, 04:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except Pes has said that the 'burning' would be minimal damage to site and not that hard to fix.  And while its possible Walt's completely clueless - in that one pic of his, the background is filled with what look like old server boxes.  I'm sure he knows a thing or two about servers, as much as he seems to use the web.  So I think he could maybe fix minimal damage.

also, Pes has said that it might not be necessary to do even that.

www.thestormradio.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: 2008 December 01, 04:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know.  Smiley I was a tad late to the party and still wanted to spit that out. And honestly to me even if it's minimal damage, it's still not worth it. TSR DDos attacking the booty I'm sure was minimal damage, but look at how everyone scoffs and still scoffs at them for doing it.

I hope it's not necessary, and I'm glad that it might not be at this point. But even if that was our last option, I still wouldn't choose it.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Nec
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: 2008 December 01, 05:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is wrong with some of you people?! Can you not grasp that Pescado is NOT destroying the site? He is simply making it so people can't log in so he can safely back it up. So his words are dramatic, this is Pescado. Duh. He clearly stated what the deal was. Stop fucking panicking. He is not ruining anyone's site. He is not "attacking" the site aside from logging in and viewing. No destruction, nothing like that. You CAN'T BACK UP PILLAGE IF YOU DESTROY. Duh again. If you actually give a shit about the site content and format, just let him do his thing. Pescado may be a Jerk and an Asshole, but he is not malicious.

Viva La Revolution thread pages 1-13 download here: www.tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucion Part 2 Here: http://tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucionPt2
YARRcat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: 2008 December 01, 05:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yarrcat, the biggest problem with that is there is never going to be a reason that will justify PMBD helping to create a paysite.  Just isnt going to happen, no matter how good you think the reason is.  Sorry.

Meh.  You are right.  I just can't get over the thought that a new InSim could be useful somehow to your PMBD mission against T$R.  Hmmmm....

*returns to evil scheming*
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: 2008 December 01, 05:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is wrong with some of you people?! Can you not grasp that Pescado is NOT destroying the site? He is simply making it so people can't log in so he can safely back it up. So his words are dramatic, this is Pescado. Duh. He clearly stated what the deal was. Stop fucking panicking. He is not ruining anyone's site. He is not "attacking" the site aside from logging in and viewing. No destruction, nothing like that. You CAN'T BACK UP PILLAGE IF YOU DESTROY. Duh again. If you actually give a shit about the site content and format, just let him do his thing. Pescado may be a Jerk and an Asshole, but he is not malicious.

He isn't destorying the website. Got that, thank you. We still don't think it's right to purposefully shut down the website. Period. Can't you understand that? Or is it a hard concept to understand that people like Nouk have morals and would rather find another way first? And who panicked? If we said "OMG THE SITE IS HAXXORZ!!!1111!!!eleventyone!!!1111" That would be panicing. We are expressing our distaste for what he suggested. Or I guess it's to hard to for you to recognize opinions is it?  Roll Eyes

And to say people here basically don't care because we don't want him to shutdown the website? HELLO! What about the comments made that we didn't want it shutdown because the 12s would panic, and as soon as it was back up we would right back in the same position? I don't understand on how people caring if the 12s have a place to go, is seen as not caring.  Huh

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1508 on: 2008 December 01, 05:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YARRCat, part of destroying paysites includes supporting freesites.  So, rebuilding a new home for the insim part of the community that is kept free is as useful as actively butthurting the paysites. Smiley

www.thestormradio.com
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: 2008 December 01, 05:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, he did say he may do permanent damage.  And he did say it still may result in not getting anything.

And this, this is still morally wrong.  Taking our (the community's) content is fine. Going beserk and hellfire on someone's server is not.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: 2008 December 01, 05:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue is now moot. There is no need for further discussion on this issue. NEXT!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: 2008 December 01, 05:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've been raptly following this thread in its entirety, but I've kind of been refraining from posting until now. I voted burn. And then I changed my mind. I don't think we should. It sounds nice at first (retribution of a sort, I guess) but I changed my vote while I still had the option because, well, it's still a free site. If I were a politician, I would say that burning it would cause us to 'lose our moral standing' in the community. And it's wrong and that, too, ya know.

But for one second I want to look at it from a skewed angle. What fear might we strike into the hearts of the wicked if we were to burninate a site after it had merely considered to go pay?

Anyhow, yeah, I say exhaust all other options, and then reexamine the case.

Fake Edit: Damn you, Pes! I just freaking typed this shit up!

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Lael
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: 2008 December 01, 05:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say is no site is worth brig time for. Moving on...

Wonder what Hurricane Walt thinks of the constant crashing and necessary reboots.... heh.
Nec
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: 2008 December 01, 05:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue is now moot. There is no need for further discussion on this issue. NEXT!

Ugh, you suck. MOAR FIGHT!

Viva La Revolution thread pages 1-13 download here: www.tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucion Part 2 Here: http://tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucionPt2
Rata_Chen
ARR!

One Bad Apple

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: 2008 December 01, 06:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say is no site is worth brig time for. Moving on...

Wonder what Hurricane Walt thinks of the constant crashing and necessary reboots.... heh.

He is probably really frigin' confused.

"Zomg! My interwebz, you broke and no make my monies! Mamma, halp fix my interwebz; can I haz you credit card nao? Monies make it all better!

Boo-Frigin'-Hoo!
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: