PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 11:20:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 28 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913411 times)
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1455 on: 2008 December 01, 03:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink My dream, Walt comes in to find his newly acquired business investment has tanked, The site is completely empty save one small announcement........ "Walt, about your business investment tanking, sucks to be you. Get over it."

Tongue My dream, is me, you, rum balls, a deserted island and a pirate ship...Arrr! Tongue

Oh la la, *fans self* a man after my own heart, c'mere big boy  Kiss

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1456 on: 2008 December 01, 03:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, and Pes can correct me if I'm wrong, but he's only proposing burning because its the only way it looks like he'll be able to save everything.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
thedom
Landlubber

Arrg these are comfortable

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2008 December 01, 03:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink My dream, Walt comes in to find his newly acquired business investment has tanked, The site is completely empty save one small announcement........ "Walt, about your business investment tanking, sucks to be you. Get over it."

Tongue My dream, is me, you, rum balls, a deserted island and a pirate ship...Arrr! Tongue
You seem to like Wedge an awful lot dont ya?

There's Walt and his Mom at the Douche Bag Awards for Walt's Website.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2008 December 01, 03:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2008 December 01, 03:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya he said given the present situation with the lookyloos, it was probably going to make it go boom. But even then there's a possibility it might not work.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 2008 December 01, 03:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, and Pes can correct me if I'm wrong, but he's only proposing burning because its the only way it looks like he'll be able to save everything.

If this is the case it kind of changes the situation, at least from my point of view. I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, if the website gets burned through an effort to salvage the downloads off Insim, that's a very different situation and much more justifiable. *shrug* For what it's worth, I'd say Pescado should do whatever he has to do in an effort to back everything up.

I sing along with elevator music.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 2008 December 01, 03:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is the case it kind of changes the situation, at least from my point of view. I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, if the website gets burned through an effort to salvage the downloads off Insim, that's a very different situation and much more justifiable. *shrug* For what it's worth, I'd say Pescado should do whatever he has to do in an effort to back everything up.

I agree with this. If he needs to shut the site down to save it, then shut it down. I'd still be worried about the legality of it though.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1462 on: 2008 December 01, 03:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is that.  But I trust Pes knows what he's doing, and I'll do my best to not get under foot while he's doing it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2008 December 01, 03:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something I can't support, no matter what reason. You host my files against my will? I DDos you = rong.
You host my files, not yet against my will? I ruin your databass = rite? I think not.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 01, 03:34:13 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1464 on: 2008 December 01, 03:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say IF it's the only way to save it and IF it won't mean legal trouble for Pescado, then burn - but as has been said, wait till tomorrow to see if the traffic suddenly drops due to 12's going back to school.

Question - if Pes decided to burn it, will there be time for some of us to go back on and try and grab what remains - tutorials, files that are left, etc, just in case, or will that not be necessary?

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1465 on: 2008 December 01, 03:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't think that K&E pulled a fast one on ole Walt.  Any one sinking money into a business would at least research it a bit.  I think he did research, and found paysites that continue to run despite EA's EULA claiming it's illegal.  And EA doing nothing to shut them down.  Did he see the giant controversy?  Maybe some of it, but the fact that TSR continues to charge and is making money, he felt confident that he could do the same.  He doesn't know the community, and the reaction of most to having any type of mandatory donations.

Now curious?  If Walt is on site at InSIM, has he posted anything?  Noticed anything?  Pescado?  I'm dying to know his reaction, but I won't go over there.  Smiley

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2008 December 01, 03:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still with Nouk, it's not what we do.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2008 December 01, 03:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't agree with the method. Yes, the data is needed. BUT, destroying the site makes us not very far up in the food chain, because we're stooping to methods that Thoma$$ can only have wet dreams about. That's just what I feel though. Probably others think differently from me.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1468 on: 2008 December 01, 03:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that it's a shitty thing to do, but it seems that there's no other option. If it were just spite, I'd say no way, but it seems like it's a kind of virtual self-defense - the only way to save the site - it's a moral conundrum.

MistaEff
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2008 December 01, 03:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: