PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 13:55:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 25 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 913473 times)
Smeagol
ARR!

Trixsy hobbitses!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1425 on: 2008 December 01, 02:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i can actully log into insim as of right now first time  in days
Why are you trying to log in to insim?  I believe everyone was specifically asked NOT TO......  DOH!

We wants it, we needs it, must have... the booty... Precious!

"Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts." SoggyFox
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 2008 December 01, 02:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think anyone has the power to put it in maintenance mode... Kathy was stingy with handing out power to people who where trying to help keep the site running.
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 2008 December 01, 02:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes i quickly went out again
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 2008 December 01, 02:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's like *500* people piled on now, in addition to Walt. Commencing transfer anyway. Expect meltdown.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 2008 December 01, 02:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's easy, but is there any reason to rush, besides Walt possibly stopping it? I'm guessing Walt is a doofus who won't be able to figure out what's going on. Even if he does, I don't really think melting the site would do any positive good.
Yes. If the process is not completed relatively soon, the dumps will become inconsistent with the rest of site content and we'll have to start over.

Okay, I don't get how this stuff works, but why would you have to start over? Does it need to be a perfect re-creation of the entire site?

heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 2008 December 01, 02:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I just had a thought. Some people might not even be trying to log in but might have clicked the little box so that they would be logged in, potentially for a long time, until they click the "log out" button.
People who frequented Insim might want to clear their cookies to make sure they aren't unknowingly still logged in.
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 2008 December 01, 02:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sighs and then boxes carlydunhams ear* BAD!... We where told to stay away from the site so Pescado could try to save insims rear! Trying to log in dosnt help us insim people save our home...  Keep it up and I might have to peirce a new hole in your head with my claws... Got that?
Nec
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 2008 December 01, 02:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted to burn. Specifically, because we have this guy, Walt, who is a total douchebag, and we have no idea if he is paying attention to what is happening or not. He seems to me like the kind of guy who might burn the ship before letting someone else take it. If he has been paying attention, he may sabotage the whole thing. Better to get it all backed up safely. I know I have a lot of stuff backed up from both sites, and I am sure that the vast majority can be restored. Under normal circumstances, I can see how most people would see this as the angry mob going to attack the monster. The difference is that Walt has no vested interest in the Sims other than the site, and that he would quite possibly be willing to let it all blow up and try to take K & E to court for misrepresenting what they were selling. I wouldn't put much past him. Clearly, he is about as slimy as they come.

EDIT: Go Pescado! Especially if Walt is logged in.

Viva La Revolution thread pages 1-13 download here: www.tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucion Part 2 Here: http://tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucionPt2
simsample
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: 2008 December 01, 02:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buuuuuuurn! This is what we're up against (sorry to pick on you, Carlydunham, but you asked for it!):
http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=1286616#post1286616
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: 2008 December 01, 02:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance that if the mods talked nicely to Walt and somehow managed to convince him that they could help out with all the technical crap of the site constantly going down if only they were allowed some admin access, somehow convincing him that they know so much more about the software for running a forum than he does and they will be able to maintain it, then maybe we could put it into "maintainance mode" so Pes can go to town.  If he is just a web based ad guy maybe he would let someone have a few admin right to help him get the forums stable.  I am sure just getting the site back up each time is starting to wear thin for him.  Maybe if he thought he was getting help from his staff he would afford them a bit more control.  I know this would have to happen quick while the site is still up and the staff can get in.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 2008 December 01, 02:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I just had a thought. Some people might not even be trying to log in but might have clicked the little box so that they would be logged in, potentially for a long time, until they click the "log out" button.
People who frequented Insim might want to clear their cookies to make sure they aren't unknowingly still logged in.
Being logged in or not doesn't matter. It's LOOKING at it at all that slows it down.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: 2008 December 01, 02:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted to burn. Specifically, because we have this guy, Walt, who is a total douchebag, and we have no idea if he is paying attention to what is happening or not. He seems to me like the kind of guy who might burn the ship before letting someone else take it. If he has been paying attention, he may sabotage the whole thing. Better to get it all backed up safely. I know I have a lot of stuff backed up from both sites, and I am sure that the vast majority can be restored. Under normal circumstances, I can see how most people would see this as the angry mob going to attack the monster. The difference is that Walt has no vested interest in the Sims other than the site, and that he would quite possibly be willing to let it all blow up and try to take K & E to court for misrepresenting what they were selling. I wouldn't put much past him. Clearly, he is about as slimy as they come.

As opposed to the people who sold it to him?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: 2008 December 01, 02:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buuuuuuurn! This is what we're up against (sorry to pick on you, Carlydunham, but you asked for it!):
http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=1286616#post1286616

hehe dont worry i wont go back  to insim
Nec
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 2008 December 01, 02:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As opposed to the people who sold it to him?

No, in addition to them. Only difference: He has control right now.

Viva La Revolution thread pages 1-13 download here: www.tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucion Part 2 Here: http://tinyurl.com/VivaLaRevolucionPt2
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: 2008 December 01, 02:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a good idea, scrappysim, but is Walt even around? Has he communicated with his mods since that first letter?

Oh, and if Walt wants to take Kathy and Eric to court for conning him, I will do a happy dance. I'll even point him to any evidence that could help him. It seems to me that they looked up a gullible kook to sell the site to and are now happily depositing the money they scammed out of him.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: