PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 18:12:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Two Questions : New Site?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Questions : New Site?  (Read 17345 times)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Two Questions : New Site?
« Reply #60 on: 2007 July 09, 19:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm goin' to PA tomorrow. My second time going and I haven't heard anybody say that. I'll remember that next time somebody makes fun of "The Y'all"

KingElizabethI
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 July 09, 20:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilredduckie"
In Pennsylvania they say "You'inz", prounounced "yoounz". They made fun of me and my "y'all" yet they come up with that! ROFL

Nuh-uh! I live in PA and we never would say you'inz! That's a Pittsburgh thing. Me and my cousins usually say you guys, y'all (because some of our other cousins are from texas), or just plain you. The only thing we say where I live is water like wooder (wood-er). Edit: also "the" like thuh (with an uhhhh sound) instead of like thee.

hy you didn't know? It's me, the infamous sheeple saver!
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2007 July 09, 20:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do not know how hard that made me laugh. I just tried saying that. "Wooder" sounds like a new word for boner.  :roll:

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2007 July 09, 21:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "KingElizabethI"
Quote from: "evilredduckie"
In Pennsylvania they say "You'inz", prounounced "yoounz". They made fun of me and my "y'all" yet they come up with that! ROFL

Nuh-uh! I live in PA and we never would say you'inz! That's a Pittsburgh thing.

Last time I checked, Pittsburgh is in Pennsylvania. LOL! Where I lived in Pennsylvania was right outside Pittsburgh.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 July 09, 22:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cousin says "yonder" and "satchel". I'm not sure if she says britches though.She is quite country. I'm talking about shopping art-in-the-front-yard, sock-on-your-hair-bun country. Her grandma (who is not my grandma even though we're cousins) use to answer the door topless. Alot.
I once told a guy that I was from Texas, and he asked me if I owned any cows. I don't. I've never even touched a cow unless it was dead, grilled, and between buns. I wonder why he asked about cows? Why not horses? I've never even ridden a horse. Their big teeth scares me.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 July 09, 23:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys kill me, ya know that? I've been all around and picked up bits and pieces of speech from all over the damn place, so that's how I talk and how I type. I was born in, wait for the hog jokes please, Iowa, and live in Illinois, which is as we all know the butt crack of the nation. I use words such as "ain't" and "ya'll" and "muddin", such like that. I've never heard a stocking cap called a toboggan, though... I've heard other things called a toboggan, specially if they were talking about riding the pink toboggan.... What the hell was the topic again? Oh, yeah, that hatin asshole who needs their bung hole reamed out real good with a muzzle loader cleaning kit... Hey, fuckweed, blow it out your ass and get a life! By the way, learn some proper spelling and grammer, it may just help you earn some more money for your at home puter job and then you can be feeding your chilluns better! stupid fucker gives stupid fuckers a bad name, stupid fucker....

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2007 July 09, 23:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No A toboggan is a little hat you put on when its snowing. Not the one with the little flappies on it for your ears though.

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2007 July 09, 23:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
I've never heard a stocking cap called a toboggan, though... I've heard other things called a toboggan, specially if they were talking about riding the pink toboggan....

No, no, that is just a sled down here (when we actually get snow to sled on) and a TOE-boggin is something you wear on your head that is knitted and keeps yer head warm, so Me-Maw does not holler at you in front of yer cusins. My Me-maw would also tell me to pull my britches up and go over yonder a piece so I would not get hurt when the bigger kids played. Cheesy

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 July 10, 00:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
No A toboggan is a little hat you put on when its snowing. Not the one with the little flappies on it for your ears though.

I have to admit, I pictured a bunch of little kids with snow sleds tied to the top of their heads too. :lol:
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2007 July 10, 00:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhhh the other toboggans. The round trash can lids.  :lol:  I'm talking about the hats! The knitted hats.

Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 July 10, 00:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:?

a toboggan is a simple wood board, with a curved front and no runner blades on the bottom like a sleigh has, usually about 7 feet in length and is used to go downhill in the snow

a touque  (pronounced: tooock)  is a woolen cap worn in winter

but maybe thats just a northern thing  Tongue
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 July 10, 00:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhhh the other toboggans. The round trash can lids.  :lol:  

werent they marketed as 'flying saucers' or something like that
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2007 July 10, 00:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah. I just called it a sled.

Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 July 10, 00:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from www.dictionary.com

TOBOGGAN

to·bog·gan     Pronunciation Key - tuh-bog-uhn

1. a long, narrow, flat-bottomed sled made of a thin board curved upward and backward at the front, often with low handrails on the sides, used esp. in the sport of coasting over snow or ice.  
–verb (used without object) 2. to use, or coast on, a toboggan.  
3. to fall rapidly, as prices or one's fortune.

to·bog·gan      

n.   A long, narrow, runnerless sled constructed of thin boards curled upward at the front end.

toboggan

"long, flat-bottomed sled," 1829, from Canadian Fr. tabagane, from Algonquian (probably Micmac) tobakun "a sled." The verb is recorded from 1846. As Amer.Eng. colloquial for a type of long woolen cap, it is recorded from 1929 (earlier toboggan cap, 1928), presumably because one worse such a cap while tobogganing.
(Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper)
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 July 10, 01:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah. I just called it a sled.

http://www.pariconsleds.com/saucers.html

these saucers; I had one as a kid   Cool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »