PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 04:33:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 752465 times)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #960 on: 2007 October 06, 16:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "naceygirl"
Quote from: "pinksmoke"
Also, Naceygirl, I love your lipsticks and all but I think you should fool around with the alpha a bit more. Sorry, I just realised the alpha bit. Smiley

What about it exactly do you think needs work?  I love constructive criticism, it helps me improve!

Cheers,
Nancy.

...The alpha on the upper top is quite blurred, you could fiddle around with this to give it a better look. Also the bottom lip has a part of the alpha which has been cut out, I dont know if this was your intention but it looks a bit odd.

Tongue Sorry if that doesnt make sense...I am not too good at explaining. Hope that helps lol

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2007 October 07, 02:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, exactly what CapnJojoba said.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2007 October 07, 08:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CapnJojoba"
Quote from: "naceygirl"
Quote from: "pinksmoke"
Also, Naceygirl, I love your lipsticks and all but I think you should fool around with the alpha a bit more. Sorry, I just realised the alpha bit. Smiley

What about it exactly do you think needs work?  I love constructive criticism, it helps me improve!

Cheers,
Nancy.

...The alpha on the upper top is quite blurred, you could fiddle around with this to give it a better look. Also the bottom lip has a part of the alpha which has been cut out, I dont know if this was your intention but it looks a bit odd.

Tongue Sorry if that doesnt make sense...I am not too good at explaining. Hope that helps lol

That's totally awesome, thanks for the advice.  The bit in the bottom was intentional, but it needs to come down some and the sides to be less down there so that the shaping is less full on.  Thanks for the help!  It's too late for the competition entry but I can post an update on the alpha at some point anyway.  Cheers!

Nancy.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #963 on: 2007 October 07, 14:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey....can anyone offer advice for working with wood? I messed around a bit with some wood recolors of Paleoanth's shaker set - I tried seamless wood textures, I even tried some of Piggi's new wood textures...and the items looked like shit... the wood seemed to 'feather' or just look, well, wrong.

I didn't take pictures of the tiems in game because I was so horrified, and I deleted the recolors in a fit of utter embarassment....sorry....but I would love any advice successful wood recolorists can offer.

Is it about size? Intensity of wood grain? Should the pattern have more 'copies' within the 256x256 or 512x512 block? Or less?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2007 October 07, 15:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Hey....can anyone offer advice for working with wood? I messed around a bit with some wood recolors of Paleoanth's shaker set - I tried seamless wood textures, I even tried some of Piggi's new wood textures...and the items looked like shit... the wood seemed to 'feather' or just look, well, wrong.

I didn't take pictures of the tiems in game because I was so horrified, and I deleted the recolors in a fit of utter embarassment....sorry....but I would love any advice successful wood recolorists can offer.

Is it about size? Intensity of wood grain? Should the pattern have more 'copies' within the 256x256 or 512x512 block? Or less?

I don't do much with furniture retexturing but I have seen quite a few references @ MTS2 to the free programmeWood Workshop as a good way to create realistic looking wood textures. If you're already using it then soz I haz no clue what else to suggest.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2007 October 07, 19:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"

That's the problem with painting wood textures as they can really, really easily start to look cartoony and fake. Generally, when I start a wood grain texture I will start from an actual photo (Hey! I hear your horrified gasps!), as that way it is a little easier to mimic a natural texture. With a seamless texture the only thing that needs to match are the sides (make sure you set your offsets as well to clean up bizarre matching), so you have a lot of freedom to "randomize" the patterns in the middle. As well (and I really, really have to stress this), don't use a clone tool to do your texture moving, it will end up looking feathery and silly because you will have to smudge to fit it in, plus it will also look like you're copying the same part over, and over, and over again. Don't be afraid to break up grains as well! In real wood tables, the grains are broken up and don't generally match together perfectly even if they are moving in the same direction.

Instead use a copy and paste method with a slight feather on your selections (somewhere in the range of 3-10), and copy from different parts of your base image in order to make the wood look more natural. As for wood grain, that's really tough to say, as it totally depends on what type of wood you hope to mimic. For some stains and types of wood a really obvious grain is necessary, others require a much lighter touch. Generally, I recommend a lighter grain and then painting in some grains and knots. As well, don't be afraid to add in things like wood knots and cracks from other kinds of wood, you don't have to necessarily work with what exists in your original texture. Last note, make sure that you are keeping all of your textures sized correctly (I see this all the time with hair), scale your image down so that it would fit properly in the amount of space (i.e. texture size) you've given it to work with. Test it on your furniture and think to yourself whether the wood grain is the right size (For example if your wood chair looks like it's covered in really fat zebra stripes then you probably need to rescale the texture).

That's about all the advice I have without being able to look at the textures. Hopefully, it might be of some help.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2007 October 08, 19:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cute new layout @ www.noukiesims2.net.
Please refresh if thinks still look purple here and there!

Inactive
black rose
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2007 October 08, 19:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like most of your nav images are broken at the moment -  I assume you're still working everything out - just wanted to let you know.  I did refresh a couple times too.
reno
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2007 October 08, 20:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "black rose"
Looks like most of your nav images are broken at the moment -  I assume you're still working everything out - just wanted to let you know.  I did refresh a couple times too.

That might be because the full stop at the end has been included in the hyperlink.

It was happening to me as well until I noticed the address bar.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2007 October 09, 04:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hotlink protection kicked in and blocked all images on my main site. Lame. It's fixed now.

Inactive
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2007 October 09, 04:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the new look, Nouk!  I tried to leave a message in the guestbook, but, either I am too stupid to figure it out, or the option to leave a message is missing.  Either way, I luff it!  You and your whole team are very talented!  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #971 on: 2007 October 09, 13:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pounces Keirra*

Nope, not stupid, just impatient. You have to go alllll the waaaaay to the botttttom of the guestbook signers in order to leave something.

What? I lefted one, so's I know.
Neener.

*noogies Keirra and runs off giggling insanely*

MOAR coffee.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #972 on: 2007 October 09, 13:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i like the new nouk page.  it's all easy to navigate, and piratey.  very nice.  hurrah. hurrah.

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #973 on: 2007 October 09, 14:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definitely is easy to navigate, but I do miss the size of the older layout.

Now since Nouk plugged her new site layout, I am gonna plug my new male outfits set! GO GET THEM AT MTS2 OR SHARKS WILL EAT U!!!10101WOOFWOOF!....*cough* Subtle enough for ya? lulz

Oh, and Noukie's site is still underconstruction I believe, so if there are any issues, they'll be fixed at some point in time....I think.  I am not Nouk.

*takes ry's advice and drinks MOAR coffee*

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #974 on: 2007 October 09, 14:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pats Renegade's hand*

We drink together and become COFFEE NAZI'S!!
muahhahahahahaha

*still needs moar coffee* :lol:

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: