PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 14:46:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim Donation Drive
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim Donation Drive  (Read 7828 times)
leilatigress
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« on: 2007 August 07, 16:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did a Search and couldn't find anything on this so I thought I might post about it.

Insim/insimadult are running a donation drive.  Apparently they have been for a while though I didn't know about it.  Kathy's update on the 2nd included this

Aug 02, 2007 - 7:42 PM - by kathy
Over the course of the next few days I will be making various site upgrades. One of which that is being finished now are thread thumbnails for easier browsing. So if you experience any downtime over the next few days bare with us. Also, as much as I hate to bring this up, we are running a donation drive, one thus far that isn't going so well so please if anyone can afford to donate please consider doing so to keep these sites running.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=53677 is the link for the donations.

f you have nothing witty to say it is better to be silent
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 07, 17:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already donated, but as someone on another similar thread posted, it would be ever so nice if she would post a donato-meter on the board so everyone could see the progress toward the goal.

Still watching you guys
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 07, 17:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I plan to donate ASAP. I love insiminator. A gauge though would be nice, it would help see if progress is being made.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 07, 18:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Donated.  I too wish there was a meter.  If they need more, I'd like to know so I can help.  Maybe I'll pm Yakov or Kathy - if noone else has.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 07, 18:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggested they add one in the donation thread.

BTW, Some moron named janice12was trolling the thread. Telling them they should close the site or go pay.  :roll:
silver
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 07, 19:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I saw that with Janice, too. I wonder if she was the same troll on the MTS donation thread who whined about the same thing, or perhaps a good buddy of the other troll.

Give me a freakin' break. You give a few dollars to a site that has given so much, and you expect people to kiss your butt and give you a gift? As with MTS, Nouk, etc., the site ALONE is a gift. Either she really is a jackass, or was trying to pretend to be one to stir up trouble. In either case, STFU, Janice.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 08, 03:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what I posted back at Janice...hey.....lil slow at other bs.........I'd bet my top dollar that Janice is Jan/Charlotte.........

Originally Posted by Janice12  
Why should we donate for free sites? I only pay for sites when I get something in return.

How much you wanna bet that's Jan/Charlotte from Main St Sims? After the fanatical drama she's caused the past couple weeks with her pay site, yahoo group....it wouldn't surprise me..........Hey Janice..........this is BionixWV from where the treasure lays............Hi.........how ya doing........bothering one of the 2 best free sites are ya?

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
silver
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 08, 12:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure it's Jan/Charlotte. It might be. It could be one of a whole bunch of people.

But whoever it is signed up just to complain about not getting any goodies  if it gives a few bucks, it seems. Oh, and then throw in a few jabs.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 08, 18:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. I had a vague notion that they were doing a drive but moneys are low, I just donated to mts2 and (insert a bundle of flimsy excuses) so I figured I'd pass. But since it seems they aren't doing so hot I guess I can wrench a few §§ from my wallet.

I agree with everyone else that a meter might help to show things like this.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 09, 04:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I donated and I'll be donating to Nouk tomorrow. She is also having a donation drive for her new server. I think I can spare a penny or two. Heck I'll even make it three whole pennies if she'd just do one long hair. Wink

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
obscurity
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 15, 22:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
Heck I'll even make it three whole pennies if she'd just do one long hair. Wink

*starts petition for nouk to make long hairz*  :lol:
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 15, 23:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,

maybe the following sounds somewhat weird, but i did want to post it nonetheless

First of all, i don't do this for any personal honor or whatever. In fact, i don't care, if someone loves, worships or hates me, as long as he/she lets me live my own life. I just would like to support the following site with an idea, that came to my mind yesterday.

So ...  as some of you might know, Pimp my Sims.com does not accept any donations. We do not need the money, so we have no reason to let people donate.

BUT as this thread tells you, Insim needs it.

So, if you guys ever thought "damn, i would like to donate a buck or two for those really astonishing, great, beautiful, overwhelming, top-notch, high-end and just FANTASTIC downloads at Pimp my Sims.com, but they have no donation button" and IF you have some money to spent, walk on to Insim and donate to them. This way, you would make me a happy guy, would help insim AND would help the free community.

So, if anyone did not know, if he/she should donate, but would have donated to my site, you now have a reason to do so Wink

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 16, 02:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's really nice of you, Solander!
 Cheesy

Hey if you are ever in real need because of meteorites, Armageddon, 2012, whatever, you know people will donate Smiley

In the mean time, Insims is where it''s at Smiley

Inactive
lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
Have donated to Insim
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 20, 20:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've donated several time to Insim! Love that site! In fact I have wall and floors uploaded there! And to Solander, Love your site and creations! Have you on my favorites list! Rock On Dude! Cheesy
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
Insim Donation Drive
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 24, 20:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to let you know, I PM'd Kathy, they are about $2000.00 short of what they need. Eric and Kathy will have to take the needed money from their savings if they can't raise enough.
So if you can help, that would be terrific. Thanks.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: