PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:16:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 14 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 194 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 879679 times)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2640 on: 2009 August 12, 08:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a wiki on the process for creating new custom paintings but the process is not for the faint of heart!

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:_Custom_Paintings_in_Sims_3

Thank You for the link Motoki! Smiley I went to try & download postal but it seems Sims 3 Tools forum is no longer up. All i get is an error "The requested URL /Sims3ToolsForum/ was not found on this server."

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: 2009 August 12, 13:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working for me when I just tried it now. It was originally up on modthesims but they yanked it from there since they've put it on the wiki.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: 2009 August 12, 16:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, the icons are extremely nice... Waaaaay better than the EA's ones Shocked Will you consider making a default replacement for EA's vanilla icons?

There's sort of billboard posters up and around aren't there? Or are those actually attached to those rabbit hole building meshes? Hmm.
Ingame, there's a small billboard with a wood frame, the one from sims 2. It's in the paintings tab. But it's horizontal.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: 2009 August 13, 01:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, the icons are extremely nice... Waaaaay better than the EA's ones Shocked Will you consider making a default replacement for EA's vanilla icons?

I never thought about it honestly. I suppose I could. All of them? Hmm there's a lot. Shocked

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2644 on: 2009 August 13, 04:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working for me when I just tried it now. It was originally up on modthesims but they yanked it from there since they've put it on the wiki.

Hi Motoki! Is Postal up at Simlogical or MTS? I still cannot get to the Sims 3 forum at Simlogical. I'm still getting the 404 error.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2645 on: 2009 August 13, 05:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Postal.  MTS under TS3 Programs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: 2009 August 13, 05:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge moved to MTS so I imagine she took Postal with her there.

EDIT: Nm, beat me to it.

BTW is it just me or does MTS have an especially non-intuitive layout for where they stash their various forums?

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2647 on: 2009 August 13, 05:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You HL! Motoki! Smiley

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: 2009 August 13, 05:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, navigating mts forums is a pain and trying to find anything specific in 'em is impossible. A big huge mess. I'm sure some people are lost in the deepest parts, starving and cold, waiting for emergency rescue. Tongue
Last time I dared searching for something was to answer the simple question: How to change a pattern category. I never found the answer. Daunting Sad

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2649 on: 2009 August 13, 15:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy fuck do things get off track, took me forever to find who was looking at how to change a pattern category and where it was posted.  Tongue

Dr House I think I found it for you.  I can't test for sure as patterns make my game crash.  I suspect crap video card.  Anyway.

Download Postal - See previous link
Open Pattern in Postal
Double click the xml - Pattern List
Look below at xml
See the line... <category name="Theme"> 
Change what is in quotes to what you want.
Commit
File / Save As

It should work.  I also would guess proper capitalization is required.  I don't know the exact names of all the categories, it will take a bit more digging.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: 2009 August 13, 15:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will try it HugeLunatic. I don't know if it'll work though: I already saw these categories in the patterns xml. In fact all the categories are listed in the xmls. I'll try now and report back.

Huh, you were searching for me?! Uh that's odd *starts to feel paranoiac*

HugeLunatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2651 on: 2009 August 13, 15:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol  Sorry I don't mean to confuse.  I wasn't searching for *you* just who was looking how to change the category.

I just want to make sure I was clear though, when you open a pattern I meant the *one pattern* you want to change, not any type of global patterns package.  The ones I looked at only had a single xml category.

- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: 2009 August 13, 16:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay Cheesy *reliefed*

I'm trying the method right now, the problem is to have the correct category name, I guess I'll have to open several pattern to know the real category names. In fact does 'Tiled and mosaic' has to be fully entered for the category type or simply 'Tiled'... *goes checking* Uh why does my first category change has to be for a tile?! Tongue
Yeah, all the category listed don't appear anymore with the latest version of postal - I must have been daydreaming lol

Edit: the real name for tiles is "Tile_Mosaic", okay now to try changing it and seeing if it nukes the package.
Edit: Done, launching the game to check.
Holy Chupa Chups! It WORKS! Yay! Thank you so much HugeLunatic Smiley *gives a truckload of rum* You know you should make a tute for that in the wiki as I'm not the only one who wanted to know that. Damn that feels good, I'm gonna be able to change all the silly categories and diminish the number of stuff in fabric, this one is a Top#1 seller for pattern creators.
All I need now is to make a full list of category names (and their translations to know where I'm putting the stuff lol)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 16:45:43 by Dr House » Logged

HugeLunatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2653 on: 2009 August 13, 17:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome!  Glad it works, and your welcome.

I will go put up a tutorial for it, because I do think alot of people will like to recategorize their patterns to suit them.  I will dig into the actual names used later so I at least appear to know what I'm talking about. Cheesy 

- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: 2009 August 13, 17:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post a link here when you're done, want a clean formal tute.
Now the hardest part is also deciding if crochet and knitted patterns are indeed Fabric or something else like Weave & Wicker or Misc... I can't make my mind. Undecided Do you think Weave and wicker is suitable & correct?

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 194 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: