PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 13:00:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 10 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 912386 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2025 on: 2008 December 02, 18:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you know he owns a server?  It's probably just one of those dedicated hosting deals, not a colocation.
We know it is. But he "owns" the server in that he paid for a month or so of the bill. We estimate this at a maximum of $500 (probably less), and I demand to see a receipt. Publicly. He also has a domain, DNS renewal is on the order of $10/yr. Total offer: $520, tops, pending receipt. Which I will audit with all the explicit miserliness you know I'm good for. And absolutely no "transfer fee" tricks, either.

But it doesn't need to be that expensive!  Almost all the creators have been offered space elsewhere FREE!  All the old members need now is somewhere (like Oasis could be) where the same community can meet and chat and have their competitions and games like they used to.  Only the Adult stuff remains to be successfully homed.    We don't need to maintain this high-maintenance high-cost model.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2026 on: 2008 December 02, 18:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol@Palemato <== See, we can start a whole chain of useless Cheesy

If I understood correctly the plan, from the beginning, was to hand whatever the end result may be to the mods, which is why I'm supporting that still. If memory serves the idea of a Pescado-run Insim was not met with great enthousiasm and never really offered either, so I think we're safe on the account. Pescado pillaging, mods running the thing and Delphy designing it... That's a sim wet dream for me. Cheesy

Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: 2008 December 02, 18:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been made quite clear to me that people really don't want me involved in any of this, so as far as I'm concerned this is all Pescado from now on

it's a little unfair just to wade in and say it just like that and it's certainly not that anyone doesn't want you involved but there was a choice to be made, and it was made democratically

there's nothing personal in any of this, it's just the way it turned out

edit .. damn you people type fast!
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: 2008 December 02, 18:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I hated Insim's old way of organizing downloads, so I'm looking forward to a new system of organizing. I'm not advocating that Insim become MTS2 part II, but I almost never went there prior because I couldn't find anything that wasn't directly advertised on the front page.

I sing along with elevator music.
TKPurrrrs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: 2008 December 02, 18:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy we appriciate your help and from what I seen we see you and  Pescado as our wise advisors in this whole deal. Pes just gets to pillage... thats the only diff in my mind. I think us Insim people are looking for a mix of Pes and your advice to use to fix this situation and I know quite a few people think your offer to help with fixing things like the search function of the site is a great one and their looking forward to it. So dont discount yourself... you have an inportant place in helping us, between you and pes we have options... a choice and thats something special in itself since we been basically beat down by Kathy and Eric for so long.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: 2008 December 02, 18:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to know what, exactly, is the amount he is referring to when he mentions only wanting to get "his money back." I want to know whether he believed he was paying for the community, and how much he payed for exactly that.

But Pescado's ideology seems best: Don't play his games; make him squirm before commencing battle once more. Option 3 is guaranteed no matter what action (or lack thereof) Walt is forced to take.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 18:58:06 by Pirate Alex » Logged
Ali
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: 2008 December 02, 18:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, absolutely, what TKPurrrrrs said  Grin
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: 2008 December 02, 18:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my Idea=A BRAND NEW SITE!!=Since everyone visits here sooner or later, they would all be informed where the new site is located. My suggestion is this:

1.  Pescado and Delphy work together to make the MOST AWESOME Site EVER!  Both fellows have Great minds we all admire!!!!   There is no preference! Both minds are great, as well as creative-in one aspect or another.  Both might be able to settle their differences, and find they have more in common.  

2.  Then each would work on the area of the site they do best!

3.  Then set up the mods and supermods who volunteer to work on this new site.  

4.  There have been enough creative minds in the workings of Insim to be able to make a whole new set of downloads, discussion boards, and general creative areas to handle ALL simmers' needs. Heck, I'll volunteer to help with anything you would need to accomplish this!!!

It would be cheaper, there wouldn't be the wait to see when the server is up, to be able to salvage everything lost.  

Most people have left insimenator with a bad taste in their mouths, starting fresh would be a great change for everyone involved. Better than coming back to the computer to see if your doggone downloads are available to rescue each and every friggin' day!!!

What say you, me Hearties?!!
!
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 18:50:23 by Skye » Logged

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2033 on: 2008 December 02, 18:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to what, exactly, is the amount he is referring to when he mentions only wanting to get "his money back." I want to know whether he believed he was paying for the community, and how much he did play for exactly that.

But Pescado's ideology seems best: Don't play his games. Make him squirm and then commence battle once more. Option 3 is guaranteed whatever action (or lack thereof) he is forced to take.

I hope to heaven he isn't using something like this as a base of negotiations:

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.insimenator.net

ETA:
Pescado pillaging, mods running the thing and Delphy designing it... That's a sim wet dream for me. Cheesy

Damn, that sounds perfect!

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2034 on: 2008 December 02, 18:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what are you and Pescado going to do with your mutual interest in getting a hold of Insim?

It's been made quite clear to me that people really don't want me involved in any of this, so as far as I'm concerned this is all Pescado from now on.

I'll help as and when people want shiny new things for download sorting and filtering.

I never got the impression people didn't want you involved.  Where?  Whatever reincarnation of Insim there is, I hope that there is a better way to download sort and filter.  I am a big fan of MTS2's way of doing things, as you well know.  Maybe you and Pes can have a meeting of the minds and meld something together.  I would donate for a new server just to see that happen. 

Lots of people have been bagging the idea.  People saying they don't want MTS2.2. and would prefer the dominion of Pescado.  That person isn't me - but I've read it.

*step out of lurking mode*

I prefer Pescado.

*step back to lurk mode*

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: 2008 December 02, 18:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been made quite clear to me that people really don't want me involved in any of this, so as far as I'm concerned this is all Pescado from now on

it's a little unfair just to wade in and say it just like that and it's certainly not that anyone doesn't want you involved but there was a choice to be made, and it was made democratically

there's nothing personal in any of this, it's just the way it turned out

edit .. damn you people type fast!

Yeah, I know, I'm sorry - I went back and edited becuase I probably sounded too snippy.  I'm fine with the decisions made - and heck, people seem all for the whole "Delphy modding SMF" idea, which happens to be another thing I'm really good at, so thats perfectly ok with me. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 18:48:22 by Delphy » Logged
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: 2008 December 02, 18:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a fresh start, masterminded by the existing staff and creators of insim would be very good for the soul.  They can have donation drives themselves to pay for their space, can't they?  Why should *any* money find its way back into Walt's pocket under any guise at all?  The problem is between him and K&E we don't have to engage him in any interaction whatsoever.  Almost all the creators have their files safe even before Pescado's assault, and the conversations and games can start up again anywhere.  It's not necessary to store old conversations and games forever.

This isn't trying to say D or P shouldn't be involved, I am just saying there is NO way anyone needs to deal with Walt even as a last resort

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2037 on: 2008 December 02, 18:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's kinda hilarious how much the guy feels entitled to.  Granted, he just might be slow on the uptake, but he paid an excessive amount of money for a site where all the content was made by the users, and the bills were paid by the users...how can he think the users would be willing to pay him extra money on top of that?  (His attitude throughout this whole thing has been that.)  The site is, in my mind, already theirs, he just sort of hijacked it.  It's like squatters coming in because someone "sold" your house to them for a huge amount of money and then ordering you to either pay them rent or buy it back for what they paid.

I want Pescado to try and start that dialogue with him re: buying, because it would be funny.  Also, if someone seems sort of interested, it might distract him from Warplan Beige a little longer.  And we shall all be entertained. Cheesy
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: 2008 December 02, 18:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a fresh start, masterminded by the existing staff and creators of insim would be very good for the soul.  They can have donation drives themselves to pay for their space, can't they?  Why should *any* money find its way back into Walt's pocket under any guise at all?  The problem is between him and K&E we don't have to engage him in any interaction whatsoever.  Almost all the creators have their files safe even before Pescado's assault, and the conversations and games can start up again anywhere.  It's not necessary to store old conversations and games forever.

Exactly! That's what I thought!  Folks are never going to forget this time, just like with securom and the way the bbs treated us-not to mention EA themselves.  We're a creative group! Instead of sitting here b**'in about it, let's do something creative, and different!!!

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: 2008 December 02, 18:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quinctia, there will be loads of young users who think Pescado is seriously trying to buy it from Walt and their donations will come flooding in.  There are still Paypal buttons up at the site.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: