PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 18:21:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 912481 times)
Smeagol
ARR!

Trixsy hobbitses!

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #2010 on: 2008 December 02, 18:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts.

Too funny.  I want one!

My vote is Door number 3 please!

We wants it, we needs it, must have... the booty... Precious!

"Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts." SoggyFox
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2011 on: 2008 December 02, 18:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been made quite clear to me that people really don't want me involved in any of this, so as far as I'm concerned this is all Pescado from now on.
I'll help as and when people want shiny new things for download sorting and filtering.

I just wanted to say I would've been fine with either, I applauded you getting involved in this as well. And I hope your offe of help is accepted. Pescado sort of took things and ran with it, which is what the community needed at that point. For the record, I would've supported you as well.

Well, we still gotta pay for a server, Walt or no Walt. We can buy Walt's server, At Cost, relieving him of the burden and saving the effort of unpacking, or go through a lot of extra bother to repack about 100 GBs of crap. Incidentally, Walt will not be receiving the donations. I will appoint someone to screen those donations to make sure that the taps do not overflow, *AND* to cut the lines once the goal is reached. Just like on MATY, where we stopped accepting donations once the goal was met.

Walt will have to retrieve his ACTUAL money from Kathy. Given that server bills are normally paid monthly, it is quite likely we have sufficient funds to cover this immediately and he can be gone faster than the door can hit him in the ass. And I'm not a patient man, so if he drags his feet, he'll be left holding a server that will run at a loss AND probably get no donations because his inept server management is incapable of keeping the site up long enough for anyone to WANT to donate. Relieving him of his duties can only work out for him.

Of course, the offer is quite bad, from his point of view. He will refuse, and we will go ahead with the original plan anyway. But it's like I always say: "Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later."

If you can keep that offer under the table, so to speak, I don't really see the problem, if all it's meant to do is cause a little squirming. But echoing what Inge said, word will get out and some people will see it as a genuine atempt to please Walt with the monies he craves. Not what I would want to community to think, especially since the donation buttons are still up at Insim, last I checked.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2012 on: 2008 December 02, 18:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what are you and Pescado going to do with your mutual interest in getting a hold of Insim?

It's been made quite clear to me that people really don't want me involved in any of this, so as far as I'm concerned this is all Pescado from now on.

I'll help as and when people want shiny new things for download sorting and filtering.

I never got the impression people didn't want you involved.  Where?  Whatever reincarnation of Insim there is, I hope that there is a better way to download sort and filter.  I am a big fan of MTS2's way of doing things, as you well know.  Maybe you and Pes can have a meeting of the minds and meld something together.  I would donate for a new server just to see that happen. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: 2008 December 02, 18:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we still gotta pay for a server, Walt or no Walt. We can buy Walt's server,

How do you know he owns a server?  It's probably just one of those dedicated hosting deals, not a colocation.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: 2008 December 02, 18:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what are you and Pescado going to do with your mutual interest in getting a hold of Insim?

Delphy, I've always really respected you and MTS2, but this honestly sounded kind of whiny too me.

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2015 on: 2008 December 02, 18:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, I've always really respected you and MTS2, but this honestly sounded kind of whiny too me.

Pointless post is pointless.

ETA: I know that asking people not to post while I have to go to work is also pointless, but please don't buy anything, burn anything, or kidnap anything until I get home tonight so I can watch.  I am a voyeur.  Let me voy.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2016 on: 2008 December 02, 18:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here - I'm good with everyone helping - it makes my heart warm.  Help away.

But I think people didn't want you paying a huge chunk out of your pocket for this.  Its the community that's important, and that's not something Walt can buy -or- sell.

And so do I.  Was thinking black with white letters.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2017 on: 2008 December 02, 18:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the plan is still to give InsimClone to the mods and supermods for them to run as they see fit, I sincerely hope they contact Delphy about his generous offer.

As for pointless post up there... Yeah, well. That's your outlook.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: 2008 December 02, 18:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you know he owns a server?  It's probably just one of those dedicated hosting deals, not a colocation.
We know it is. But he "owns" the server in that he paid for a month or so of the bill. We estimate this at a maximum of $500 (probably less), and I demand to see a receipt. Publicly. He also has a domain, DNS renewal is on the order of $10/yr. Total offer: $520, tops, pending receipt. Which I will audit with all the explicit miserliness you know I'm good for. And absolutely no "transfer fee" tricks, either.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: 2008 December 02, 18:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got the impression people didn't want you involved.  Where?  Whatever reincarnation of Insim there is, I hope that there is a better way to download sort and filter.  I am a big fan of MTS2's way of doing things, as you well know.  Maybe you and Pes can have a meeting of the minds and meld something together.  I would donate for a new server just to see that happen. 

I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other.  If either Pes or Delphy took over InSim I would give them my moral support.  But idealogically, because I am rooted in the past, I'd love to see the staff and creators set something up for themselves with their own new ideas that they could not do while E&K held the reins.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Aarron
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: 2008 December 02, 18:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts.

HELL YEAH. i'll take a few of those Tongue

I can see how offering the cash equivilent a slap to the face with a 3 week old fish for the slight chance for the server and files looks tempting but just feels so utterly wrong to even think of paying the idiot anything but i'll leave it up to you to decide the next step
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2021 on: 2008 December 02, 18:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for pointless post up there... Yeah, well. That's your outlook.

Roll Eyes

Now we have even more pointless posts.  Fun can be had by all.

Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: 2008 December 02, 18:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just saying that there really isn't much more *I* can offer or do.  I have offered Pescado various kinds of help on server related tasks but otherwise, it's all his show. Smiley  Thank you, though, to those who did support me - I didn't mean to sound whiny, I'm just tired. Smiley

I'll use my expertise instead to work on modifying SMF to provide the same sort of download filtering and browsing that MTS2 has, since a lot of people seem to want that.  It's probably a better use of my skills since Pescado is doing all the server stuff.  I can always advise him later on if he asks about that sort of thing.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2023 on: 2008 December 02, 18:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots of people have been bagging the idea.  People saying they don't want MTS2.2. and would prefer the dominion of Pescado.  That person isn't me - but I've read it.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: 2008 December 02, 18:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course the way Walt wants the negotiation to happen is kinda fishy to me, he's demanding certain prerequisites as I see it before he will deal with the community.  

I say make him squirm more for a while, he should be sobbing with snot and begging for anyone to talk to him before anyone should even take him seriously or this could be a long, tragic case of dangling the Insim in front of the forgiving sheeple.  

I said sure but only for the domain and the files - not the server or anything else.  I have yet to see if I have an actual response yet.
Well, a domain is worth about $10. The files are worth $0. Without the server, that means your offer is $10. Tongue
[/quote]
Snickers.

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: