PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 10:00:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!  (Read 88239 times)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
« on: 2007 September 19, 22:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey!! HEY!!! Remember those hairs you may have bought from RoseSims?  Like, a looong way back?  The broken, gappy, unanimated hairs?  You know, the ones that cost like $2.50 USD at RoseSims?

Well, now you can get them FIXED!!! By her, just for YOU!!! And all you have to do is pay again.

Isn't that freakin' generous of her?!  Now, for only $6.00 USD, you can get her "time-limited special offer" of 6 "fixed" hairs for $6!!!

WHY ARE YOU WAITING?  Don't get it from me for free when you can pay HER $6.00!!!!! Gogogo!  She's waiting for her new porche or whatever, or feed her starving naked chilluns or something.  Isn't that sad?  Please help her afford her second mansion.

I trust people take this in the tone I've intended - dripping with sarcasm.

Oh, here's the link, so that you may laugh along with me or something:

http://www.rosesims2.net/contribute/rosedonation_limited.htm

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 19, 22:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade, I nearly came in here to slap you around! LMAO

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
shinyfairylights
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 19, 22:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you serious? Is anyone that stupid to actually charge again for hairs they've already sold to people?

Oh god. I just looked. You are right- she is selling six FIXED hairs.

This..really. I don't know what to say. Amazing she admits to them being messed up to begin with, but she'll charge them AGAIN for it?
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 19, 22:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
Renegade, I nearly came in here to slap you around! LMAO

Teehee! :lol:

Shinyfairylights - I know.  I think it's sad, because people don't know that there are some great people here and at SFV that fix broken hair for free.  And I think that people who don't know about the alternatives, might see this as some kind of "deal".  It's terrible, yeah sure you get "6 for $6" but that means you're still paying $1 more for one fixed hair, on top of what you paid her for that hair to begin with.

Fixes of her broken crap should be free, and what she's doing pisses me off even more.

Though I'm curious to see her fixed version of #38, since I offer that on my site.  But I want to go back and fix it up a bit more, it's on my list of things to do.

Oh, and to make things worse (as if paying to have something that shouldn't be charged for in the first place isn't bad enough) - she doesn't even retexture the shit she put out a while back.  The older hairs still have the crappy textures/colours.  The least she can do is...ugh why do I bother trying to find logic in these kinds of things?  They make no sense!! They never will!! *scolds self*

Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 19, 22:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sadly, I am sure she will actually sucker some dumb fools on this

:?
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 19, 22:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I actually used to kind of like her site. So much so in fact I never even noticed that it was a paysite for really long time. But that is just pathetic .
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 19, 22:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if they're actually your fixed hairs, Renegade? Maybe she saw your site, downloaded the fixed versions of her hairs and has decided to sell them?

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
shinyfairylights
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 19, 22:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
I think it's sad, because people don't know that there are some great people here and at SFV that fix broken hair for free.  And I think that people who don't know about the alternatives, might see this as some kind of "deal".  

Agreed. I personally think that others who fix these broken hairs, like you, do a better job than the original meshers, like Rose and Peggy. Hopefully not a lot of people buy into it. I wonder why she decided to fix her old meshes? Probably because she saw others fixing them and doing a better job than she did?
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 19, 22:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy
After we get the fixed versions, Renegade, make sure you check that the fixed hairs are not yours.

I would not put it past paysite owners for charging money for something somebody else fixed for free.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 19, 22:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shinyfairylights"
Probably because she saw others fixing them and doing a better job than she did?

Actually, I think that is what happened, or that's the way I understood it.  She learned that people were making fixes and who better to beat them than her?  And while she's at it, she can make some $$$ off it, since people won't know about those who do fix her stuff for free.

I'll check to see if #38 is mine - that's the only one from her "limited edition" set that I've got up on my site.  That's not to say that her others weren't fixed by someone else, and she stole theirs.  Wouldn't surprise me at all.

This really makes me angry, though, and I seriously hope nobody decides to do pay for it.  It makes me feel kinda helpless too, because I'm trying to think of some way to raise even more awareness about the shit these paysite owners pull, and if downloaders want quality stuff - people do it for free: fixing, retexturing, recolouring, etc.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 19, 22:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yaardarm Monkey!!! Where in the hell have you been!? *hands rum* I've missed you... I mean, um er, ahh, pass the rum, would you, old sot?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 19, 22:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Rose...is it just me or is all her free stuff gone?  I had a huge crash and have been replacing downloads, but I've been unable to replace the clothes and accesories I got from her site ages ago.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 19, 22:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All her free stuff has apparently been moved to her "other" site: www.rosesims.org

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 19, 23:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a donate for all when I was doing my pay for things. One kick each is all you all get.

Renegade, can I just ask if you have a fix for the third one on the top? I really wanted that hair and was disappointed when I got it. If so could I please have the link?

Ok never mind I think I found it on your site, you didn't remove the perm part from the pony tail did you? I can't see the back of the hair on your site.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 20, 00:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ponytail hair #38? Damn, I thought I showed a "back" view of the hair, but I guess not.  Anyway, no, I left the part curly, but the rest of the hair is retextured for more definition and whatnot, etc.

It's animated, and I think I fixed the neck gap, but I do plan to get back to it and fix it up a bit more.  Maybe sooner than I thought.  Of course, you're welcome to download it for now.  If I update that, I'll post the update on my front page so everyone knows they can download it again.  I may also redo some of the colours to make them less...vivid, I guess is the word I'm looking for.  Maybe recolour the blondes & reds.   At the very least, I plan to re-fix the mesh, I think.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: