PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 10:25:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Take a look at this!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Take a look at this!  (Read 72627 times)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #285 on: 2007 August 19, 21:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "nohead"
It is the creators that needs to agree to the new EULA, it doesn't matter what you do.

Honestly, do you read anything at all?  You just said, in your own post, that they couldn't include the new EULA.

Now, listen very carefully: if they cannot include the "new EULA" in Bon Voyage - what is there for creators to agree to?

It doesn't matter, even if they DID include it in Bon Voyage.  At this point in time, they cannot make a change to the EULA that everyone can agree to.  The only thing that we all had to agree to was The Sims 2 base game.  You cannot regulate who agreed to what after that, because some people don't have any EPs, some have only a few, etc.

This "new EULA" is NOT in place  for Bodyshop or Homecrafter - it is only in place for things that cannot make custom content.

The only effect a new EULA has on pirates, paysite owners, etc, is for the NEXT version of The Sims: The Sims 3.

As Calalily said - we are all working under the EULA given to us when we installed the Base game.  All of us.  Therefore, paysites ARE in violation of that.  The EULA we ALL agreed to, is posted on the front page of this site, in case you need to read it again.

Finally, it doesn't matter what the Maxoid said.  As I said in my post on page 15, which you conveniently seemed to ignore.  That's okay, I'll post it again for you:

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
Quote:
I wanted to point out that the EULA has changed. Information regarding custom content has been edited. We were unable to get this EULA change in Bon Voyage but we are working to have the edits reflected in future games

1. Then it doesn't even matter if there is a "new" EULA, because we can't agree to it, therefore we are not obligated to comply with it. It is moot.

2. If this change is so "official", and applies to HomeCrafter, Bodyshop, and the Selling/Sharing of Sims 2 Content pay or free, post it on the front page of http://www.thesims2.ea.com. Though because of reason #1, this is still moot.

For the two reasons above, I can't put any stock in what MaxoidDrea says, I'm sorry. Especially given that various other people at EA say the complete opposite.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #286 on: 2007 August 19, 22:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nohead, if I had my druthers right now, I'd be paddling your ass along side of my son, both of you are behaving as if you need binkies and naps, as well as diaper changes.
Truth of the matter is that the changed EULA belongs not to the game, nor something that is used to a program used to make cusom content, so doesn't apply to what is going on here.
The fact that the paysites exist is my concern because the fuckers are, for the most part, rip off artists that grow like a tick on the simmers who don't know better, getting fat on their money until they can get no more and drop off to lie bloated and satisfied until the next poor idiot comes by.
Tell me, wouldn't you save someone from spending money when you knew they were going to get ripped off and sent them somewhere that they could get the same or better quality? You'd do it for your mom or grandmother, right?
So, why shouldn't you do it for a complete stranger? Kindness begins when you hold out your hand even though it could get broken. We hold out our hands to help those who can't afford what they shouldn't have to pay for in the first place. File sharing is good. Paying for custom content is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad, unless of course you are a sheep, but hey, even sheep don't deserve to get fleeced constantly.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #287 on: 2007 August 20, 06:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So many babies to have! I'm gonna be on my back forever.  :lol:

Quote from: "calalily"
Meaning I'm right and you're wrong.

No, but perhaps i have more of a life than you do? THAT is just speculation though Tongue.

I venture that you have less of a brain.  Took me 20 minutes to find a case enpointe.  

It's not in their interest to do that, why should they?

No, it's not.  It's in paysites' interest, not EA's and they aren't doing jackshit about it either - other than the free alternative of sending people like you to forums with no evidence to plead their cases.

I don't think calalily is being reasonable so i didn't give her a very serious reply.

Don't you mean that I am being too reasonable by having caselaw, and you meanwhile, have the lawyer you pulled out of your arse?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #288 on: 2007 August 20, 07:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That just proves he has shit for a lawyer... Sorry, it's late and I'm tired and sick and aggravated and maybe I ought to go to bed, but I doubt there's any room in it! Talk about bed hog in a queen size bed... Gah! My brain is sludged up, save me from barnacle lock of the deep! Heeeee, sorry, I really need to get out of here!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #289 on: 2007 August 21, 04:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to get caught up on this reading, but someone asked who Alex was. He didn't give me an exact title all I know is, I called and ask to speak to legal and he is who picked up the phone. I called again today and asked to speak to legal again. John, no I don't know who John is. I guess I should ask these people's titles. I told him I had decided since EA now supports paysites I was going to open one, should I list it as a paysite when I download the fansite kit.  He said if you read the new EULA from start to finish it says to read the game EULA you agree too. He has no idea why someone said it was changing for the game. It still has not changed for BS or Homecrafter. They have never said it was going to change for the game. But in no way does the EULA support paysites even as it is written or twisted, and whoever disagrees with it would be best advised to obtain an attorney. So if that is what I plan to do, I should seek legal advice.

Oh and apparently Maxoids don't work in legal. Don't ask lol I'm sorry to me this has turned into a joke. Maxoids can't speak for legal, customer service, etc...they tell us all different stories. So once again I think were all just going have to go on as we have, I don't see EA doing anything except the Curly shuffle.

I also wrote to the copyright office and asked about copyright for CC and why I couldn't find EA's copyright registration. If people who made CC had an automatic copyright. Their EA's copyright is under several names, I since found out. EA does business under another name other than EA. But here's what they wrote me back. Guess the last paragraph answered my question on that. Ok now I'll go back and read to see if they told anyone else something different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are not permitted to provide legal advice or opinion, or otherwise comment on the rights of parties in specific circumstances.   We can provide you with the basic statutory provisions and copyright principles that may apply.

Copyright vests in the author/creator of the work, unless either a "work made for hire" or the copyright has been transferred to another party via a signed, written instrument (such as contract, assignment or will).  See http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap2.html#201.   A transfer is generally not valid unless an instrument of conveyance, or a note or memorandum of the transfer, is in writing and signed by the owner of the rights conveyed or such owner's duly authorized agent.  See http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap2.html#204.  You may need to conduct some legal research in the case law, or on the internet, in order to determine the current disposition of the courts on the issue of whether electronic agreements are enforceable.  

However, the copyright holder of the original work (the game) has the exclusive right to prepare derivative versions of the work (presumably, the custom content) and to authorize other parties to do so.  When such permission is granted, the right to claim copyright in the derivative work can only be authorized by the party owning the copyright(the game) in the original work. As I've said a billion times think ghost artist. This part came from me in the italic underlined part. So hopefully no confusion.

Finally, registration is not mandatory.   Under present law, federal copyright protection is secured automatically when the work is "created", or fixed in a tangible form for the first time. No publication or registration in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright protection, and the copyright notice may legitimately be placed on the work at any time.

rg

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #290 on: 2007 August 21, 05:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
Um, from what I understand, they changed the damn thing to a piece of software that doesn't help create custom content, if what I read over at another forum you posted on is true, nohead, so shaddup! It doesn't affect the custom content. Jesus H. Christ, what the hell is it with trolls and Sundays? Don't get me going, you won't like me any better than you have before. It's been a bad weekend so far and I'm just itching to unload on an idiot and if you keep standing there with your dick hanging out, I'm gonna smack you with a two by four and see if it can shrivel up any more than it already is! Wanna know what happened? Suuuuure, I'll tell you! One of my childhood heroes, my oldest brother died yesterday after a thirty-eight year fight against Machado-Joseph disease. Don't know what it is? Look it up, lardbucket. My family in general is treating me like shit, the other siblings, and this is my second period in eighteen days! So, word to the wise, if you don't have anything intelligent to say, get the fuck out of here until you can make sense! Just, shut the fuck up already!

I am very sorry for your loss, and if this is considered a double post. I will pray for you, your brother and your family. I will also light a candle for your brother. There is a saying I love...it may not make sense right now, I never fully understood it when I lost my son. It goes there are two ways to bring light into this world. One is to be a candle, the other is to be the light that reflects the candle. Your brother is now part of that light, you have your hero now as an angel. Watch for birds to come very close to you, butterflies or balloons floating to the sky. One of them always happens. When my mother in law died last year, a nurse was telling me on the day her son died she saw a group of balloons and knew it was him telling her it was ok. He's going to be fine. Her son was killed in a drive by, he was not part of a gang. On the day my mother in law died these balloons floated close to my face I saw this shadow coming towards me and I looked up and there was this group of balloons just hovering there. Then they just went up and away. I thought about the story the nurse told me, so I said my Good-byes. I took care of her the last 10 years of her life and I wouldn't trade a moment of it. We had a great relationship, she would tell me what to do, and I would ignore her. She tried so hard to make me into a lady. Always buying me make-up and suits/dresses. It was a hopeless cause, I'm an ex soldier. Give me jeans and t-shirt. But I loved her no less than I could have if she were my own mother.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #291 on: 2007 August 21, 05:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #292 on: 2007 August 21, 06:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hawk Girl,
Thanks for the useful information. I confess I forgot to call EA. I'm re-posting your info on SC2 if you didn't. Pescado is around so I'm not asking for permission, I know how to choose my troubles.

Help me out here and don't beat me up too much if I'm wrong. Aren't CC packages pieces of software, kind of plug-ins? If yes, the original software in every package is already under copyright, no?

By the way thanks for providing this forum. After spending my time replying to people like hillaryann37 (yes I know I'm not forced to but I get antsy when I see people posting blatant lies and misinforming) I need a place where to get a good laugh.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #293 on: 2007 August 21, 07:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"
Hawk Girl,
Thanks for the useful information. I confess I forgot to call EA. I'm re-posting your info on SC2 if you didn't. Pescado is around so I'm not asking for permission, I know how to choose my troubles.

Help me out here and don't beat me up too much if I'm wrong. Aren't CC packages pieces of software, kind of plug-ins? If yes, the original software in every package is already under copyright, no?

By the way thanks for providing this forum. After spending my time replying to people like hillaryann37 (yes I know I'm not forced to but I get antsy when I see people posting blatant lies and misinforming) I need a place where to get a good laugh.

I don't know the answer to what your asking? I'm sorry. I don't think a package file would be like a plugin. I'd compare it more to like a PSD that would go into Photoshop. Or a tube that would go into PSP. I may be wrong on that.  I thought someone earlier got a different reply than I did? I wouldn't assume they are lieing, if they are saying they got a different reply. It seems to me EA is just cuddling whoever they are talking to at the moment. Going in circles. I think they told SparklePlenty?? basically the same thing they told me to, to refer to the game EULA. But they may be telling others something different, I think a lot depends on who you talk too and their position at EA. They don't seem to be communicating with each other, so were all getting mixed signals. If that makes any sense.

The only thing I think is certain since two of us got the exact same answer from the copyright office. You cannot copyright derivatives which would be package files, those are the only files you can add to the game, better add here for Custom Content and obtain a copyright for them. Unless EA gives you a written agreement/contract/licensing agreement. Otherwise all copyright for anything you create remains with EA. Just as it would if you were a ghost artist working for a well known artist, or company such as Hallmark or American Greetings. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you even more.

Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #294 on: 2007 August 21, 07:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm... Maybe I should finally start looking at Sims 2 seriously... I don't want to contradict you but I've the feeling thinking at posts in MATY concerning Pescado's mods that there's more.
Sigh I'm going to take a look at the tutorials on BHAV and Simantics, I used to create electronic gadgets for the automotive industry using Assembler and browsing superficially those tutorials got the idea Simantics isn't that different.
Sorry I'm rambling. Just to give you an example.. let's talk about something like the Insimenator package. It's associated to an object and interactions with it change the behavior and stats of the Sims. Like creating a procedure for... That involves code, I assume.
Just so you know if I start modding for Sims will be ALL YOUR FAULT Smiley

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #295 on: 2007 August 21, 09:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"
Uhm... Maybe I should finally start looking at Sims 2 seriously... I don't want to contradict you but I've the feeling thinking at posts in MATY concerning Pescado's mods that there's more.
Sigh I'm going to take a look at the tutorials on BHAV and Simantics, I used to create electronic gadgets for the automotive industry using Assembler and browsing superficially those tutorials got the idea Simantics isn't that different.
Sorry I'm rambling. Just to give you an example.. let's talk about something like the Insimenator package. It's associated to an object and interactions with it change the behavior and stats of the Sims. Like creating a procedure for... That involves code, I assume.
Just so you know if I start modding for Sims will be ALL YOUR FAULT Smiley

Oh goody, goody!! Just try to make them non globals please. Globals make me so nervous. I only have one in my game. I haven't had a bad experience with them so don't know why, they just do. You may be 100 percent correct, so feel free to contradict me and my thinking on it. I'm just thinking of clothing and hair basic CC and thinking of it in the form of layers, alpha's. I use plugins for all my textures, so we'll consider them a plugin based on that. lol No wait then you won't make any nifty mods for me to download.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #296 on: 2007 August 21, 14:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(pancake bunny here)

Inactive
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #297 on: 2007 August 21, 14:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(bunny here)

*Cpt Fs eats pancake*

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #298 on: 2007 August 21, 15:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(nothing here)

Ry ate the bunny.
Mmm, wabbit soup.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #299 on: 2007 August 21, 15:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You cruel pirate people, you!

Inactive