PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 21:54:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84442 times)
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #210 on: 2007 October 10, 16:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my this is just getting worse and worse, they actually patched securom? That's like putting fuel on a fire ffs!

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #211 on: 2007 October 10, 16:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was posted at MATY:

I found this piece of information on the SecuROM web site.

It's question #11 in the FAQ

Can patches be distributed after the release of a SecuROM protected title?

Yes, If you wish to release a patch of a protected title, updated executables can be encrypted using the project on the SecuROM server that was used with the original release. The patch can be tested and then released. The authentication routine for the patch will be same as for the original. An added benefit to reencryption of an executable for  patch release is the ability to take advantage of any updates to the sercurity or compatibility of SecuROm made since the original title release.

Sounds like they can slip this crapware back on thru a patch. Oh, and I found a delightful post by SimMasterMoira on the BBS:

I'm truly sorry that some folks have experienced problems and that some folks feel they have been mistreated. I do think that things on the board are getting a bit better, and I hope soon the people with technical problems will be playing again, and that anger will be let go of. It takes a lot of energy to hold on to anger, that can be spent better enriching one's life

*holding hands to sing kumbaya*  :roll:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #212 on: 2007 October 10, 16:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Requip, I saw that post just now by SMMoira too and it made me even angrier.  If I were to see her IRL, I'd probably be sticking my pirate boot square up her ass.

BTW - I filed my complaint with the FTC online.  Simple and painless.  Now onto my state's AG.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #213 on: 2007 October 10, 18:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will definitely be going to the Cdn gov't consumer protection agencies about them now, whether or not my DVD writer works or not after the little experience I just had while trying to post the following on the Maxis BBS about the whole issue....

As far as I'm concerned since I do now know that SecuROM IS on my system (despite what was written in another post posted elsewhere on the net), that if it
disables my NEW DVD writer that I bought (because my other one wouldn't burn anything readable so I bought a new one to replace it, not knowing about the
SecuROM issue when I did),  I for one won't be bothered contacting you nor anyone else here. I'll simply report the problem to our Canadian  gov't consumer
protection agencies and let them deal with you and have you remove all of your goods off the Cdn store shelves, like they did with Sony and their stuff that damaged
and disabled people's equipment.  I have simply had it with all the problems and cr*p I've had to put up with this game and all things associated with it. FYI my net
name is  netseeker2.  The law  is the law and I don't know how you nor anyone else would feel if any of us started slashing your tires and breaking  your car
windshields just because we percieved that you might be doing us wrong (whether or not you actually are is irrelevant because disabling and destroying someone
else's property is illegal - period - if you *think* someone is doing you wrong it's up to you to persue them via legal channels and not disable and destroy their
personal property). That was the reasoning of the law used against Sony and it'll be used against you too when the gov't removes your products from the store
shelves here in Canada. Hopefully every other country in the world also has consumer protection agencies that consumers can complain to too and have your
products removed from their shelves as well. Maybe then you'll smarten up and get the message. Ban me I don't care, might as well. I'm used to it now after the run
in with an arrogant so and so on TSR.

--------

As soon as I hit the button to post it, I got a "Document Contains No Data" reply and everything locked up and my net connection stopped responding - including my firewall.  I copied and pasted that into a text file to save - that's how I managed to have it now (I'm used to that after my experiences on TSR believe me because I knew that most of the time whatever I posted would be removed or not get posted to begin with). So obviously they didn't want it posted and didn't want me to be able to post it elsewhere and tried to shut me down completely by disabling my firewall etc.... I've literally had more than enough of my fill with all the BS associated with this thing called "a game", in more ways than one too.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #214 on: 2007 October 10, 18:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Requip"
This was posted at MATY:
Sounds like they can slip this crapware back on thru a patch. Oh, and I found a delightful post by SimMasterMoira on the BBS:

I'm truly sorry that some folks have experienced problems and that some folks feel they have been mistreated. I do think that things on the board are getting a bit better, and I hope soon the people with technical problems will be playing again, and that anger will be let go of. It takes a lot of energy to hold on to anger, that can be spent better enriching one's life

*holding hands to sing kumbaya*  :roll:

Oh yes, it's a much nicer world when we all let go of our anger over our rights being violated. War is peace. Fucking EA.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #215 on: 2007 October 10, 19:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to see how they react when the consumers they've fucked over with this product let their anger loose all over their fucking heads. I know I have securom, got it from H&M shit because after I installed it, my Nero burning program went down the toilet. So, they can go fuck themselves, they slashed my system and the only way to put it normal is to fucking reformat. Way to make a friend in the buying world, EA, and by the way, how would you like to suck shit? Oh, that's right, you already did by putting fucking malware onto MY computer without my fucking consent, you dickless mothers!! Ok, I feel a little better now, but not much... *mumble, snort, bastards, jerks, assholes, fuckwits, snort, mumble*

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #216 on: 2007 October 10, 20:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, do you need some toilet paper for that potty mouth? :shock: lol, I'm just teasing *offers cookies & hug*

I'm probably not as pissed off as you are, but I definitely understand where you're coming from and want EA & Sony to pay.  I think a lawsuit is deserved, no matter what the program does or doesn't do.  I've said that like 50,000 times in this thread.

DeathtoTSR - I'm Canadian too, perhaps you could help me on who to contact and stuff?  I think over here they actually violate more than one law, I'm pretty sure of that.  If you could post that here, even, that would be good.  I'm pretty sure we have other Canadians here who read this and may want to know what steps to take.

deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #217 on: 2007 October 10, 21:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
Paden, do you need some toilet paper for that potty mouth? :shock: lol, I'm just teasing *offers cookies & hug*

I'm probably not as pissed off as you are, but I definitely understand where you're coming from and want EA & Sony to pay.  I think a lawsuit is deserved, no matter what the program does or doesn't do.  I've said that like 50,000 times in this thread.

DeathtoTSR - I'm Canadian too, perhaps you could help me on who to contact and stuff?  I think over here they actually violate more than one law, I'm pretty sure of that.  If you could post that here, even, that would be good.  I'm pretty sure we have other Canadians here who read this and may want to know what steps to take.

As you know each province has their own provincial legislatures and laws and agencies. Here in Quebec there is a consumer protection agency (it's a long French name that I don't remember now). Plus I believe the Federal gov't has agencies or departments that look into fair trade practices and breaches of such. So given the fact that I have no clue which part of Canada you live in, all I can suggest is that you look in the blue pages in the phone book under whatever appropriately named gov't departments you can find that will help defrauded consumers. Or if your province has all of their stuff on a website somewhere like the Cdn gov't does, perhaps you can find them online.

Well the law is simple that they violated. They willfully and knowingly disabled and perhaps damaged private property (it's like as if you suspected one of them of something and just based on pure suspicion without having any actual proof of them having done it, decide to go and smash their car windows and tires - that's illegal - pure and simple).  If they suspect anyone or a bunch of anyones of piracy or breaching their copyrights (and if that bothers them so much why are they letting TSR operate and get away with it?), they have legal recourse to go after them on it, but they do NOT have the right to deprive someone of use of their own personal property (as in disabling CD/DVD writers), or damaging their personal property (by making their computer and other software nonfunctional to the point where they have to reformat and maybe lose data etc on account of having to do that). That is ILLEGAL and I'm sure it's not just illegal here in Canada but perhaps world wide.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #218 on: 2007 October 10, 22:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW - I filed my complaint with the FTC online. Simple and painless.

I hope people are doing this. Nothing is gonna change if we don't and Sony will get away with it again.   :evil: If you don't wanna call, do it online. And for those wishing to follow-up with a letter here are some address's I found at the BBS -

Electronic Arts
209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
Redwood City, CA 94065

Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20580

and address it to: Deborah Platt Majoras - Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission, who has prosecuted Sony for this stuff once already.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #219 on: 2007 October 10, 22:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To those requesting links and contact information for your protection agencies. I just did a quick cursory search in Google and came up with those for Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia, the Canadian Federal Gov't and one that has a lot of links to various consumer protection agencies world wide and I will post them here:

The English version of the Quebec gov't site:

http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/e_HotLine/map_Site.asp

Ontario protection agency:

http://www.gov.on.ca/MGS/en/ConsProt/050451.html

The one for Nova Scotia:

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/consumer/abstracts.asp

The one for the Canadian Federal gov't:

http://kingston.cioc.ca/details.asp?RSN=21335&Number=63

And lastly the one for the list of links world wide:

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/55533

Hope that helps those of you who are having problems with Securom.

And to answer those who asked me about how you know you have Securom on your system.... You will find a folder in your  C:\Documents and Settings\username (whatever that is)\Application Data when you use the Windows search for SecuROM filename and tick the advanced search features to show hidden files and folders.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #220 on: 2007 October 10, 22:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who does EA think they are, the gubmint? That they can go in and disable something just because they think someone is going to burn off something that will violate their security? What about our rights as the owner of the property damaged? Who are they to say that I have to disable a part of my computer that happens to be used to burn off images that I own? Who are they to say that I can't share the pics of MY kid? No one, and they have violated my freedoms... I resent the hell outta that.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #221 on: 2007 October 10, 22:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey kiddies! Here's how you bypass the launcher;

Quote from: "Numenor @ MTS2"
HOW TO BYPASS THE LAUNCHER

* Right-click on the BonVoyage icon (created during the installation) and choose "Properties".
    * On the topmost field, you'll se the path to the executable; replace "Sims2Launcher.exe" with "Sims2EP6.exe"; click OK to confirm.

Smiley Worked for me. I quite liked the launcher anyway, I'm a weird one.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #222 on: 2007 October 11, 08:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for posting the Canadian protection agency links deathtotsr.
I'm going to check and see if there is one for Western Canada(Alberta). Not many serious Simmers in my area, so doubt it will make any impact.
Now stuck with useless software because I can't do a patch with my current set up, and trading it in would just mess up someone else's computer.
EA can go woo-hoo themselves. :evil:
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #223 on: 2007 October 11, 09:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Requip"

Eh, what a cream of shagwa. It doesn't take energy to hold onto anger, you GET energy from holding onto it. Without anger, what is there to live for? Anger is the underlying element behind everything I've bothered to do. If it doesn't piss me off, why do I need to do anything about it, after all? Without anger, there is only apathy, and apathy is hardly a good motivator for action.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #224 on: 2007 October 11, 09:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more mad at Maxis than TSR or any other paysite. But y'all know I have perma-PMS.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: