PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 18:57:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84468 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #165 on: 2007 October 08, 10:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the SecuROM forum under Help at the BBS.  If you really want to brave that.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #166 on: 2007 October 08, 12:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, now I am just pissed at the entire sims 2 game. It keeps crashing now. All the time. So I am getting close to abandon it completely... *tskkpftghgragghrwrrr...stupid game...arggh...bloody ea...ugh...* I feel like ripping someone's head off. *statement*

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #167 on: 2007 October 08, 13:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading numerous forum posts here and at MATY, as well as researching information regarding SecuRom, I asked my bf to check my computer out (he's the computer expert) for SecuRom and remove it. However, much to my surprise, it was no where to be found, nothing, nadda, clean registry.

I bought and installed BV a couple of months ago (pre-finding out about SecuRom) so I am wondering why or how it didn't get installed on my computer. I'm not complaining, mind you, just curious.

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Pirate King of Wyrm Sea
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #168 on: 2007 October 08, 14:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you installed BV, SecuROM is in your computer. Your bf probably just don't know how to look for it.
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #169 on: 2007 October 08, 14:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*chuckles* yeah ...

Anyways, I'll be sure to pass that information along to him.

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #170 on: 2007 October 08, 17:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it should be on your computer since it ships with all official games.

So it's either one of two things: your game is some kind of bootleg altered copy.  Or, your system filtered it out, but that would mean you can't play BonVoyage properly unless you're using a crack.

I can't think of any other reason why your system wouldn't have it if you installed the official copy and didn't already remove SuckuRom unknowingly or ...something. lol

If your copy is fully official, working properly without a crack, and there's no trace of SuckuRom on your computer (hidden or not) then I'd say you're extremely lucky and should maybe buy a lottery ticket.

If my post sounds sarcastic or anything, I'm really not trying to be.  I'm just surprised.  Because all latest Sims2 products come with it  :shock:

SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #171 on: 2007 October 08, 18:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sarcastic at all and thank you!

I'm truly stumped also. I'm not running a bootlegged copy (bought it at BestBuy) nor did I remove SuckuRom after installation. I was planning on doing just that after reading all the stuff people are reporting. Hence, my research into how to remove it. So, I looked in all the places on my comp the "remove SuckuRom" threads suggested and then put the bf to task to find it also, using the information provided and there was no SecuRom to be found. I've been playing BV since I bought it and it runs great (ie no lagging as others report).

Just curiousor and curiousor  :?

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #172 on: 2007 October 08, 18:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run regedit and search your registry to be sure - I couldn't find it like a civilised program under a logical subheading - I had to search the registry for "securom" - and there it was.  My securom folders were hard to find too until I searched for hidden folders. Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #173 on: 2007 October 08, 18:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to go into Windows Explorer>Tools>Folder Options>View tab and choose the Show Hidden Files and Folders button under Hidden Files and Folders before I could see any Securom files.  I think this unhid it in the registry too...but I could be wrong about that.

My Securom folder is found on the C drive, Docs & Settings, my user acct., Application Data.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #174 on: 2007 October 08, 19:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We ran the Regedit last night (hence the "clean registry" remark) but didn't try the "un-hide" trick. I'll give it a try when I get home this evening. Thanks all for the advice!

*snickers* Goofing on the phorums when at work :wink:

Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #175 on: 2007 October 09, 00:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made an mp3 CD with Sonic last night and my disc drive seems to be working. If it wasn't I would have strangled SimMaster Bitchy with her freaking USB cord.
No internet on my laptop is probably why I only had the one SuckuROM folder...
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #176 on: 2007 October 09, 14:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost tempted to post in that stupid thread.  I have an MCSE, and work in the technology field fixing other people's fuck ups.  Not to mention doing networking and cabling.  Does he think that we are all "just armchair techs"?  Hell, Pez patches their games better than they do.

And, based upon the tech info that I have seen, gaming and software corps are all too aware of the risks, they choose to protect their precious shitty software while causing harm to their customers.  This whole issue has pissed me off  royally.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #177 on: 2007 October 09, 14:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
<snip> Hell, Pez <snip>

PEZ FTW!
Candy anyone?
*snort* :lol:

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #178 on: 2007 October 09, 15:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*smacks Ry*....It's early Ry, give me a break  Cheesy

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #179 on: 2007 October 09, 15:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimStranglerBurpie is a female, btw lol

And a Pez candy...actually, I've never had those before.

To update:

Latest post in AssoidSam's begging post:

We have asked Sony to provide a very detailed explanation for what SecuROM is and how it works so that we can share it with you. We will share that with you as soon as it is available to us.

Why would we incorporate technology into our games that could possibly do such damage to our business?

SecuROM is not only used to protect The Sims 2 products, but it's in use in every PC title we produce. Madden '08, Command & Conquer 3, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Tiger Woods '08, FIFA '08, Harry Potter, among many others. These products are all core to our success as a company, and they all use SecuROM. Why would we risk messing all that up with something that would cause such an uproar?

We are truly sorry that this issue has caused so much concern. We believe that the concern is unfounded, so I ask that you be patient as we gather all the information we can to share with you in the coming days. Once that's done, I hope you are satisfied with what you read and you'll continue to enjoy your Sims and other EA games

Again, missing the point entirely: SecuRom was installed without knowledge & consent of user = illegal, despite being "harmless" (as THEY say). Yeah, a "harmless" software, that just searches your computer for instances of possible copyright infringments on software unrelated to The Sims Products.

At least they now let us know all the games SecuRom comes with, so people who have those games can add it to their lawsuit or whatever.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: