PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 08:07:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84453 times)
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #150 on: 2007 October 07, 18:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'm officially pissed now.  Bought some blank disks yesterday and now I can't burn anything (I have Nero Suite).  I back up all my music and pictures by burning CDs and fucking EA has taken that away from me?  Everytime I've tried, I've gotten a "Communication Failure" about 30% into the burning process.

I vow to never give EA anymore of my money, for ANY of their games, until they get this shit fixed.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
alliecat
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #151 on: 2007 October 07, 19:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, I can't play Bon Voyage (or Seasons or Pets) on my laptop, and I was actually thinking about buying a new computer just for the sims. Not anymore. For the first time ever I'm glad I have a sub-par machine. (Although, it really is a very good laptop in all other respects... just not built for gaming.)
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #152 on: 2007 October 07, 21:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

If you don't have a crack you can't play BV, H&M, or Sims Deluxe if you remove Securom. The problem with Sony/Securom's removal proggie is the files regenerate themselves next time you play the game. So that method is worthless too.

Hmm, I do have a crack, but I am not sure if it's the right one. How do you know it's going to work, do you need a certain kind of crack? Also, do I still need to reinstall the game with all the ep's (including h&m and BV)?

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #153 on: 2007 October 07, 22:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well apparently, EA is keeping it's head firmly up its ass. SimMasterBurpie is their chosen PR representative.

Guess, I'll get the SecuRom shit off my computer and decide what to next. Truthfully, I don't much feel like playing anyway. I think I'll just go back to Seasons.
Ren
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #154 on: 2007 October 08, 01:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm.. exasperated.  I don't have HM or BV.  I have the sims 2 holiday edition, uni and NL... and yet today, suddenly, every time I try to run the sims the splash comes up, sims2ep2.exe is added to running processes, and then a few seconds later poof.  Splash is gone, back to desktop, sims2ep2.exe is no longer running.

What the hell.  I've tried several uninstall/reinstalls etc etc, and currently have nero uninstalled since it was on the "list" of programs securom doesn't like.

Fucking stardock murdered my system's standard CDROM/CDRW already, I'm really tired of these damn piracy protection programs BREAKING legit shit.

So.. where can I get this no-CD crack or whatnot, and actually run the game?  I've been cooking all damn day in prep for thanksgiving tomorrow, I really didn't need this annoyance.

Ren

Dan, a Clan, a Canal - Canada!
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #155 on: 2007 October 08, 01:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SecuRom is also in Sims2Deluxe and Pet Stories, do you have either of these?
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #156 on: 2007 October 08, 01:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this the stuff you're looking for, Ren?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9559.0.html

I haven't tried any of this and don't know if I can ever get my head around any of it, but seems the trick to keeping Securom off is to not run/launch BV from the original .exe at all.

I'm sure there are others who can speak to it more intelligently than me, but have a linky anyway.   Cheesy

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Ren
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #157 on: 2007 October 08, 02:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well.. after watching desperate housewives, I've breathed a little ::smirk::

I'm thinking that my error can't be related to this secuROM stuff... because I don't have sims2deluxe or pet stories, nor BV or H&M, or OFB, heh.  Just the 2006 version of TS2 holiday edition (core game + holiday fun stuff), university, and nightlife.. all of which apparently come with the safedisk copy protection.

Looking through regcleaner, I *do* have secuROM installed, but it has a mod date of 2005, and I installed TS2 in 2006.

I.. dunno.  Maybe it was the yesterday's java update, but I don't see how that would effect ts2.  Sad

Thanks all for the help/links.. I'll search for a nightlight no-cd crack and see what happens I guess.

Ren

Edit: doing this rather than another post-reply... partially to spare myself some minor embarassment due to the likelihood it won't be seen, and also because I hate to cause a necro back-pedal.

One of my thumbnail files, or groups.cache, were corrupted.

Dan, a Clan, a Canal - Canada!
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #158 on: 2007 October 08, 03:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may have come with some other game/program, Ren, and must be an older version, which, from the overwhelming blather/info/word walls I've been reading, isn't likely to be as invasive and overtaking as BV's v7 Securom.

My internet software...(oh god, i think i'm repeating myself, sorry)...I woke to find it gone a couple weeks ago, but it could've been a Windows or Java or QuickTime or iTunes update and not BV/Securom.

Heh, I tried to print something today and got a 'communication error' and flipped out...only to remember I unplugged the damn thing the other day.   :oops:

ETA:  Kari (Zazazu = Kari?) has posted at MATY her 'process' (benes!):

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9929.0.html

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #159 on: 2007 October 08, 04:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JFederated"

ETA:  Kari (Zazazu = Kari?) has posted at MATY her 'process' (benes!):
Si, Zazazu=Kari. And keep your benes. I don't think I can ever look at the official site again.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #160 on: 2007 October 08, 05:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The navigation alone is the reason I don't like the official site. It's hell.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #161 on: 2007 October 08, 05:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not even refried benes?   :wink:  I much appreciate you prying that process out for everyone.

I've looked at the official site so much today I've actually made myself sick to me tum-tum...also dizzy and stoopid and reduced to words like 'tum-tum'.

*head falls off*

Y'know what's good?  Books!  Had them lying all over the house, picked one up...alternative entertainment!  I watched TV too.   :lol:

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #162 on: 2007 October 08, 05:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally caught a new episode of Dexter tonight. One of my fav shows.

I can't believe that they still haven't provided a way for people to uninstall that crap. Instead of just saying "we don't recommend it". Honestly, at this point who gives a flying fuck what they recommend regarding what should be on someone else's computer. With Eaxis treating customers this way, who needs paysite owners.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #163 on: 2007 October 08, 09:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SimMasterBurpie"
And if I hear one more armchair tech person claim they are experts and know that it does I am going to choke them with their own USB cables

Ohhhhhhhh boy...

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #164 on: 2007 October 08, 10:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SimMasterBurpie"
And if I hear one more armchair tech person claim they are experts and know that it does I am going to choke them with their own USB cables

That sounds fun. Where's this? I think it's time for MOAR FIGHT.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: