PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:52:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074100 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1485 on: 2008 October 26, 03:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have issues with understanding why LJ is caving like that. It's not slander or libel. These are unedited screencaptures of a forum that Coconut or source had legitimate access to.

Is everyone who posts accurate information that might be unfavorable to someone now censored? Is LJ not based in the US? Oh wait, they are. Dudes. Freedom of Speech. First Amendment of the US Constitution. Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UN).

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1486 on: 2008 October 26, 03:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is that they went for the better-safe-than-sorry approach. These big networking sites usually do.

newpiratekatie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: 2008 October 26, 03:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe that TSR may be having problems. I keep getting a 500 error whenever I go to the site.
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: 2008 October 26, 03:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have issues with understanding why LJ is caving like that. It's not slander or libel. These are unedited screencaptures of a forum that Coconut or source had legitimate access to.

Is everyone who posts accurate information that might be unfavorable to someone now censored? Is LJ not based in the US? Oh wait, they are. Dudes. Freedom of Speech. First Amendment of the US Constitution. Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UN).

From what I've heard, LJ abuse is, erm... special. I'm not sure what we can expect from them. Being a pessimist, I'm leaning toward them going "SLANDER AND LIES B&!!!!!"

I'm pretty sure that LJ's TOS forbids slander, or whatever Twatty told them Coconut did. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that there's nothing violating LJ's TOS. Unfortunately, Twatty appears to have empty space in her skull.

ILU, Coconut!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1489 on: 2008 October 26, 03:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you get it though?  Our freedom of speech isn't really being enforced right now.  Right now, the only thing protected is the ability of a major party to LIE about the other party, and for corporations to control what we do.

In a less cynical phrasing, unless Coconut was using a pay blog, I imagine they can suspend, rather then offend another potential costumer.

Also, there is probably some proviso saying its okay to suspend an account if its deemed inappropriate.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: 2008 October 26, 03:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with sites like Livejournal is that their TOS allows them to circumvent the first amendment (and any equivalent laws guaranteeing the right to free speech). And yes, there is something in there saying that they can suspend/ban for whatever reason. It really sucks. I hope they do the right thing.

ILU, Coconut!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1491 on: 2008 October 26, 03:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope they do the right thing.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, because major corporations are usually run by such nice folks.

Nah, they're just preventing potential butthurt. After all, what do they care about this here community. It's time to start looking for a new place to host the journal.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1492 on: 2008 October 26, 03:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is provisos in their TOS however, to my knowledge, no one has actually tested that in court either.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: 2008 October 26, 03:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should repost it all on the PMBD server.  After all, it'd cause more butthurt!

Agreed. As an obvious embarrassment to Thomass and his stooges it deserves a permanent home at PMBD. That way, we can let the FAs themselves demonstrate what a creepy and corrupt site TSR really is, and using their own words against them just makes it all the sweeter. Also, I really think that preserving coconut's commentary ALONE makes it worth the effort.
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: 2008 October 26, 04:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope they do the right thing.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, because major corporations are usually run by such nice folks.

Nah, they're just preventing potential butthurt. After all, what do they care about this here community. It's time to start looking for a new place to host the journal.

Hey, a girl can hope! Besides, I'd hate to have a valid reason to boycott LJ.

Considering the new company's (some loser in Russia) penchant for censorship, my hope is probably misplaced.

ILU, Coconut!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1495 on: 2008 October 26, 04:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope Pes puts it all up. Every single word & screenshot. The more butthurt for TSR the better. I envision the new url to be along the lines of tsr.mustbedestroyed.org or thesimsresource.mustbedestroyed.org Grin

*passes out rum flavored popcorn & waits for the drama to begin*

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Charity_Bonney
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: 2008 October 26, 05:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I checked TSR while I was at work today, it was down. It has normally never gone down that time of day for me. Now, only the front page is loading, nothing deeper. I had bookmarked a few journal posts for easy reference, those are not loading, but the forums are. I would love to be in the FA discussion thread about now.....
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: 2008 October 26, 05:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, wouldn't we all?

ILU, Coconut!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1498 on: 2008 October 26, 06:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should repost it all on the PMBD server.  After all, it'd cause more butthurt!

Agreed. As an obvious embarrassment to Thomass and his stooges it deserves a permanent home at PMBD. That way, we can let the FAs themselves demonstrate what a creepy and corrupt site TSR really is, and using their own words against them just makes it all the sweeter. Also, I really think that preserving coconut's commentary ALONE makes it worth the effort.

Actually, that may not be a good as it sounds. From what I hear around the community, a lot of people already think that PMBD is biased and less than honest about the whole fight, especially when it comes to TSR. A large group of people simply don't trust any information coming from these forums and are convinced it's just lies, slander and attitude. I suppose there's no arguing with screenshots, but I personally liked the idea of having another source of info besides PMBD backing us up. It would be better, if at all possible, if this thing remained a seperate source of info. If there's a choice at least.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: 2008 October 26, 06:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if they're wiping the FA forums in an attempt to deny Coconut any more access to the back stabbing, bloodshed and bitchery that are rampant upon them? Hey, they like to cover their (wide!!) asses, so it's a valid theory.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: