PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:11:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  How much do we know about Peggy?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How much do we know about Peggy?  (Read 47625 times)
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
How much do we know about Peggy?
« Reply #105 on: 2006 December 04, 20:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much you wanna bet she bought that car w/ the paysite money? She's really making a killing off this.

Meh, I guess I should be happy she has so many suckers to exploit.

Quote from: "jesserocket"

I want to know what possessed her to think that Peggy/Pegy is a glamourous, cool sounding name. I mean, I know mundane western names sound exotic and foreign and fantastical and great to Asians, but seriously, PEGGY?

It's easy to pronounce since it hews closer to Asian pronounciation systems. I have a friend whose Chinese name sounds exactly like Peggy, so her English name is, naturally, Peggy.

And are all LV bags cheaper in HK? Or just the totally over, monogram patterned crap?

And Asians do age better, from my experience. My mom is in her 40s and has no wrinkles. In fact, I once got a wrinkle cream sample and wanted to give it to my mother, but I couldn't, b/c she didn't have any wrinkles!

And my dad, who's almost 50, rountinely has pple telling him he looks like he's in his 20s, although I think it's more 30ish.

But I do agree that the shrinkage is major for Asian folks. I think it's b/c we're all lactose intolerant and whatnot and don't drink as much milk as we should. Weak bones and what have you.
wyrdwing
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 December 05, 01:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ".torque."
It's neither. Peace nor Victory. Asian girls do it because it's "cute". Therefore they are "cute".

I thought churchill started it. Cheesy
I'm just waiting for someone to do that hand gesture the other way. :lol:

anyway if anyone's curious wiki is helpful for info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 December 05, 04:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Osteoporosis is a major factor for us. I don't know about the dairy thing, but we have less bone mass than our Caucasian counterparts to begin with. There are ways to counter this without dairy, like doing high-impact exercise such as weightlifting and running.

Pegy isn't phonetically matching her English name to her Mandarin name though. Her Mandarin name is Jia Jia, which doesn't sound close to Pegy to me.

Jysudo, me thinks you need to hang around a lot more aging Caucasians. LOL.

But yes, all in all, she makes a bloody killing from her website. DEATH TO PAYSITES!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 December 05, 04:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, not that I'm a huge expert on east Asian culture or anything, but I heard somewhere that most Westerners smell kinda bad to Asians, as in, people who live in Asia, as opposed to Americans and so on, not because of bad hygiene, but because of dairy features quite highly in our diet, whereas most Chinese/Japanese foods don't have much of a milky content...

I may be madly wrong, of course, I heard this a very long time ago, from an unverified source...

But if it is indeed the case, then yeah, lack of calcium would factor into it quite a bit...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 December 05, 04:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wyrdwing"

I'm just waiting for someone to do that hand gesture the other way. :lol:

My English friends pretty much have that down. LOL. Highly doubt that Asians would know what that meant. It would be funny if they did it though.
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 December 05, 04:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, not that I'm a huge expert on east Asian culture or anything, but I heard somewhere that most Westerners smell kinda bad to Asians, as in, people who live in Asia, as opposed to Americans and so on, not because of bad hygiene, but because of dairy features quite highly in our diet, whereas most Chinese/Japanese foods don't have much of a milky content...

I may be madly wrong, of course, I heard this a very long time ago, from an unverified source...

But if it is indeed the case, then yeah, lack of calcium would factor into it quite a bit...

Jesserocket, where I live, babies are typically brought up on cow's milk. Not all of us are lactose-intolerant, though many are. Cheese and milk is consumed in good amounts here, though probably nothing compared to the amount that Europeans consume. You're right, dairy products are not culturally ingrained into many Asian cuisines (though I'm sure somewhere in the north that would be different), but that doesn't stop, say, Meiji, a large Japanese corporation, to be selling the huge amounts of milk that they do. We have local milk producers here to. Milk is commonly handed out in schools to children, and consumed for breakfast with cereal, etc. Then again, I live in a highly-Westernized society and this may not be true for many other Asian nations.

Also, depending on where you procure your sources, dairy may not have a significant impact on bone mass loss. That is certainly what the FDA would like us to believe, due to vested interests, but I won't get into a dairy-industry rant here.

As for the stink....I just don't know. I hardly notice it myself. I do know, however, based on ENTIRELY my experiences alone, that the English tend to smell a lot worse than the Americans. They don't shower as much. LOL. A very huge generalization there, of course. Stinky people are just stinky people regardless of where they're from.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 December 05, 05:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best way to avoid bone mass loss is to EAT BONES. Why do you think dogs do it?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2006 December 05, 05:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love milk, but I hate Japanese milk.  Must be something in the grasses of Hokkaido.  

Or it could have not been from cows  :shock:   (just thought of that because you mentioned Meiji)

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 December 05, 05:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an aversion to milk and all dairy products.  It's nothing to do with health (oranges make my tummy hurt worse than anything)--I just don't like the taste.

What about poor little "Other" bubble-filling-in me?  :cry:  I rarely see "Mixed" or "Mixed heritage" on those little ethnicity thingies.  I'm too lazy to fill in both if they let me, so some days I'm full Caucasian, other days I'm full Asian.  Whatever.  Tongue
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 December 05, 05:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"

Then again, I live in a highly-Westernized society and this may not be true for many other Asian nations.

Really? Where might that be?

Most Asians don't eat food w/ any milky content at all, so you're right on that. When it comes to milky foods, the mere thought of cream soups and Fettucini Alfredo just churns my stomach. Strangely enough, cheese I like, in tiny amounts and depending on the type, and I just LOVE cheesecake, even though I can never finish more than half a slice at a time.

The stink though I haven't noticed. Although I do hear that Asians don't stink when they sweat, not like Westerners do. So yeah, Westerners stink in comparison, but not if they're clean and non-sweaty. That's why they don't sell deodorant in China btw (dunno about elsewhere). Cuz it isn't needed. I've never worn it, and I don't smell.
migamoo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 December 05, 06:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "idtaminger"
That's why they don't sell deodorant in China btw (dunno about elsewhere). Cuz it isn't needed. I've never worn it, and I don't smell.

Then you have people in the US who would die without theirs because we are a society so hung up on cleanliness and hygiene. What I mean is, it's grained into us that we much bathe everyday and so worth.
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 December 05, 07:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what is wrong with some people who say they don't sell deodorants in China because they don't stink?  i find it laughable at best.  look, it's a scientific fact that whites and blacks do smell more than the asians.  if you ask me my source i might just give it to you because i'm pretty sure i read it from an anatomy book.  if i'm very, very bored i'll even scan it for you.   the difference is our olfactory sense develop a numbness to a certain smell when we're exposed to it a lot of times.  they have a term for that but my memory is quite dim for now.  hence someone with a body odor a lot of times fails to notice he needs to shower really bad.  it's a lot like developing a callous when we smell something "offensive" for the first time we hate it but if we encounter that smell repeatedly our nose will get used to it.
in hong kong, taking a bath daily is frowned upon by most households because you waste water and it's not good luck if you do.  and that place is quite cosmopolitan already, compared to the real China which is still rural for the most part.  the whites and blacks do have a more noticeable smell compared to asians but it doesn't necessarily mean it's due to poor hygiene.  it's genetics.  if asians think they smell better it's because they are genetically lucky not because they are more hygienic. Pfft.

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 December 05, 11:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm milk-intolerant, too. But it's not a problem because I don't like milk anyway.

I shower each day. Sometimes twice a day. So I don't know whether I "stink" or not.

yippee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 December 05, 13:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.torque. i'm not looking for a wife btw. :lol:
i'm afraid i didn't say my point quite clearly.  what is normal smell for the whites and blacks is strong for most asians (?) purely because they are not used to the scent. :lol: i know i myself am confused, but i guarantee you this is scientifically true.  again, it's ignorant for some asians to boast and base their bragging on hygiene routines because it's a dumb assumption.  it is purely about genes.  well of course no one is immune to poor hygiene so i won't be so proud announcing to the world that this country does not sell deodorants because no one stinks over here. ROFL.  poor motherfuckers.  i wonder, maybe dragon scales is fantastic for nasty odors.

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 December 05, 14:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
I love milk, but I hate Japanese milk.  Must be something in the grasses of Hokkaido.  

Or it could have not been from cows  :shock:   (just thought of that because you mentioned Meiji)

I really love Meiji milk. It is the only reason why I drink milk...
Their milk is far better than Aussie or NZ milk.

o Away.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: