PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 11:53:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 745586 times)
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #180 on: 2007 May 26, 13:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the first dress there. :O Really pretty!

For the second, I'd add something along the upper part of it. A lining in a colour corresponding to the bottom of the dress, to balance it, perhaps? Also, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be two layers? If so, you need a sharper shadow between the green and the yellowish. Smiley
Angelique
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 May 26, 19:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made this recolor a few months ago:

It's not really much, but I'm proud of it.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007 May 26, 20:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikane, while all quite pretty, they all look to be really lacking on the detail side of things. What I mean is where's all of the details of how the outfit was made, e.g. hems, buttons, zippers, folds, lines of stitching, fabric texture etc. You don't need to have all of these things, obviously, but adding them in will add a lot more to the outfit.

On the first dress, for example, you have a line of ribbon underneath the bust, but the ribbon just looks like a line because the fabric underneath sits as if it isn't even there. At the neckline too, there doesn't appear to be any detail so it almost looks like the designer just cut the hole for the head out of cloth without bothering to do anything else (I see this all the time on other Sims clothes, though, so it's not just you).

I will admit that adding details like this can be tricky sometimes because you can have problems with stretching and warped lines, but the detail they will give the outfits in the end will be well worth it.
Aikane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007 May 27, 10:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that (the hole in the cloth thing) is one of the biggest things that turn me off downloading stuff, I should have done that a bit better. There is supposed to be a thin shadow there, but it doesn't show up too well in the game.  :?

As for the details - or lack thereof - I was so busy trying to get the shading to look half decent that it kinda slipped my mind. There is a very faint fabric texture on the first and last dresses, but my graphics card isn't quite up to the ordeal of showing it. Either that or it's a bit too subtle for the game...

Pixelated, I could send it/upload it when it's fixed up a bit if you so wish? And I don't quite get what you mean by lining?

Thanks both of you for the input Cheesy God knows I need all the help I can get with this skinning thing Cheesy
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 May 27, 13:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aikane"

As for the details - or lack thereof - I was so busy trying to get the shading to look half decent that it kinda slipped my mind. There is a very faint fabric texture on the first and last dresses, but my graphics card isn't quite up to the ordeal of showing it.

The shading is great, and I can see that texture atleast. Shocked

Pixelated, I could send it/upload it when it's fixed up a bit if you so wish? And I don't quite get what you mean by lining?

I'd love that! I have just the sim for it. <3

As for the lining, I was just thinking that the dress looks pretty formal, so some more intricate stuff wouldn't hurt it. Like this (2-minute PS job, please don't call the Atwa-police on me Sad )

Or just a plain, thin line along the upper part. It's a matter of taste, though.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: 2007 May 27, 16:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep looking at that 'line'...and I think if you want it to appear like a tunic, you need a deeper shadow, and perhaps a litle less shadowing at the crotch on the green? Or maybe some hints of folds? It just doesn't seem to look quite right.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007 May 27, 18:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The upper part looks a bit too skintight to be a tunic, maybe you can add some drape effect like Hecubus said Smiley

Inactive
flyingpigeon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2007 May 27, 18:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one creation that'll make the saltiest of pirates cry... click it for even more retinal discomfort!

And I made sucktacular eyes based off of Pinstruck's eyes...

And decent lips... based off of Paris's lips :lol:

And a biotic eye!
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 May 27, 23:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm once again looking for guinea pigs to test another set of Photoshop brush textures for me.

This time for the eyes.  The default brush size is about 10X the resolution you need for a Sim eye but they were originally made for something else entirely and shrinking and remaking the set just seemed kinda pointless.

These are samples.  They were all done very simply in Photoshop with two layers (multiply, screen, overlay, whatever) and dodging and burning until the pupil was darker than the iris.  Super easy to use and even if you aren't the greatest Photoshopper you can get pretty good results.

Here is the Photoshop CS2 brush set and the PNG set.

BRUSHES:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xd4r1g

PNG SET:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3si15

Let me know about any snafus -- mine not yours.
pennynne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2007 May 29, 15:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my newest house that I just made.. It's a small bungalow and contains 2 bedrooms, 1 toilet and 1 bathroom. So it's rather small but I know some people prefer small houses (me too, when I have a small sim family to move in).

The rooms

The garden at night

If you want it, click here to download the zip.

(The file name is in Finnish but don't care about that, just change it in the game before moving in.)

-NO EXPANSION PACKS NEEDED
-Unfurnished, no family
-2 bedrooms, 1 toilet & 1 bath
-patio, pond, bridge, bagodi (? Is this the right word?)

Enjoy Smiley

(I hope the pics don't stretch the page!) //edit: I changed some pics to be links. Sorry for so many pics...)
fionaskye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 May 29, 15:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pennynne"
Here's my newest house that I just made. It's a small bungalow and contains 2 bedrooms, 1 toilet and 1 bathroom. So it's rather small but I know some people prefer small houses (me too, when I have a small sim family to move in).

I like it.  It kinda looks like something one would find here in the desert.

pennynne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2007 May 29, 15:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fionaskye"
Quote from: "pennynne"
Here's my newest house that I just made. It's a small bungalow and contains 2 bedrooms, 1 toilet and 1 bathroom. So it's rather small but I know some people prefer small houses (me too, when I have a small sim family to move in).

I like it.  It kinda looks like something one would find here in the desert.

Thank you, fionaskye! Smiley The house is slightly Asia-inspired, you know.. and I wanted the garden look romantic.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2007 May 29, 16:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pennynne, talo on tosi ihana! Kiitos! Cheesy

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
pennynne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2007 May 29, 17:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
Pennynne, talo on tosi ihana! Kiitos! Cheesy

Wow, you speak Finnish? Are you from Finland? Smiley

Ole hyvä! Cheesy
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2007 May 29, 17:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rickets"
I'm once again looking for guinea pigs to test another set of Photoshop brush textures for me.

I use PSP, not Photoshop, but I should be able to import them with the PNGs if the brushes don't carry over.  If I figure out how to do that, I'll test them, since they seem like fun.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: