PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:06:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Trademarks being sold on paysites
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trademarks being sold on paysites  (Read 14955 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Trademarks being sold on paysites
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 20, 06:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lilith"
I got a dairy queen from mod the sims 2 a few days ago.
Hmm. That's free, though. Not so sure where the copyright issues would fall on that. I don't know enough about the laws.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 20, 09:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's free, they probably would consider it free advertising. I doubt they like people making money off them though.

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 20, 13:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kariminger"
Ah well. Ruth Chris is also a real entity. They have them around here. Apparently quite good, though I don't eat moo-cows so I don't know for sure.

Eh, for the cost, there are better steakhouses out there.  (But it's still copyright infringment.  *g*)
Seraphira
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 04, 23:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bitched at chad on this guest book lol

about this product:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/ChazDesigns/downloads/sims2/objects/furnishing/decorative/misc/488602/

i'm shocked company that creates prada hasn't contacted him... ohh maybe i will :twisted: I know i know i'm such a bitch but i love it.

this is what i wrote on his guest book

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/ChazDesigns/guestbook/

"Hi there chad, Just so you know that you are violating trademarks and copyright laws with some of you're items. It's Most likely the companys within question "prada purfum" has been contacted, thus other companies for illegal activity such as stealing copyrights."

lets count how fast TSR gets moving when i said someone reported them to the company that creates that perfume. :lol:
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 04, 23:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well. Ruth Chris is also a real entity. They have them around here. Apparently quite good, though I don't eat moo-cows so I don't know for sure.

There's 3 or 4 Ruth Chris Steakhouses here in Virginia.  High End pricey steakhouses.  I dunno.  I don't eat there.  Steak's not my deal.

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 05, 02:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "chemistrycourtney"

There's 3 or 4 Ruth Chris Steakhouses here in Virginia.  High End pricey steakhouses.  I dunno.  I don't eat there.  Steak's not my deal.

I like cows. Very much. Especially if they're steaming on my plate... Yeah, I'm a carnivore when I can eat. I have trouble with that due to stress or some such shit. But yeah, I like meat above and beyond all foods except for chocolate... Hmmmm, it's too hot to cook, but I wonder what I can thaw out... Now look what you've done! Steak and Shake is pretty ok, but I really love Golden Corral, Bonanza, and the Ponderosa steak house chains... Damn, gotta go wipe the drool off... I blame Pescado for this, too!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Seraphira
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 05, 05:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shhhhh paden! :wink: ur making me hungery!
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 July 13, 02:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, true. TSR does have a problem with trademarks and such. It's hard to find some one who doesn't photoskin/use a trademarked name to create their custom content.

:twisted: I wish that all the trademarks that they stole would all come and sue them. Then they would be broke.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 July 13, 13:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "littlemisspirate"

Eh, for the cost, there are better steakhouses out there.  (But it's still copyright infringment.  *g*)

I reported them. I also reported the Garnier infringement to Garnier, and they wrote back that they were looking into it.  :lol:

Still watching you guys
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 July 14, 10:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read this at : http://thesims2fashionrunway.ea.com/agree_top.php?theme=5
Paragraph 8

From the Sims H&M runway contest.
It's a good indication how EA will have nothing to do with brandnames and copyrighted images, etc. in their official contests at least.

8. EA Online Terms and Conditions

Your participation in the Runway is also governed by the EA Online Terms and Conditions found at https://account.ea.com/legal/legal.jsp. You agreed to the EA Online Terms and Conditions when you created your EA Account.

Below is a recap of some of the key rules from the EA Online Terms and Conditions that apply to the Runway:

1.1. Remember that when you submit fashion designs or other content to the Runway(referred to below as "Content"), you're automatically granting EA the right to publish and otherwise use your Content for the Showcase, and for other purposes (such as for marketing or other promotional purposes). For example, if we really like what you submit, we might use it in an advertisement, or perhaps even in one of our games. If we use your Content, we may not necessarily attribute it to you, or your screen name. See the EA Online Terms and Conditions for a complete explanation.

1.2. The EA Online Terms and Conditions require you to respect the intellectual property rights of other people. This means that:

a. You can only post Content to the Runway if (i) you're the owner of the intellectual property rights in the Content; or (ii) you have the prior written consent of the owner of the intellectual property rights to use that Content in connection with the Runway. For example, you should not incorporate the logo of a famous fashion designer (such as Louis Vuitton or Gucci) into your fashion design, because this may infringe that designer's trademarks.

b. If we think that you have infringed the intellectual property rights of a third party, we may remove your Content from the Runway or Showcase without prior notice to you.

c. If you are a repeat infringer of another person's intellectual property rights, we may immediately terminate your EA Account. If your EA Account is terminated, you will lose access to all of your Content and other privileges associated with your Account.

d. If you're a copyright owner, and you believe that any content posted to the Showcase or voting gallery infringes your rights, you may submit a written notice to copyright@ea.com. See http://www.ea.com/global/legal/legalnotice.jsp for more information.

If there is any conflict between these Terms of Participation and the EA Online Terms and Conditions, then the EA Online Terms and Conditions will take precedence to the extent of that conflict.

Inactive
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 July 15, 13:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An exclusively Maxis-run contest would not have bothered with that statement. They seemed generally lax in these kinds of legal matters. EA is sure tightening up that shit.

Still watching you guys
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: