PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 23:03:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?  (Read 39355 times)
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
WTF H&M? What kinda sellout-ripoff is this?
« Reply #75 on: 2007 April 29, 10:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I need a crash course in torrenting as well. Once tried with some anime, that didn't go all too well... Although, I actually did get some fun episodes of Bomberman Jack or whatever it's called.  :wink:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 April 29, 10:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
Yea, I need a crash course in torrenting as well. Once tried with some anime, that didn't go all too well... Although, I actually did get some fun episodes of Bomberman Jack or whatever it's called.  :wink:

I'll help you if you want. Or at least play answerman.

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2007 April 29, 11:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you help me as well? Torrents don't LIKE me. I've tried. I haven't downloaded anything watchable/playable from a Torrent EVER (yes I did have the torrent extractor...).

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 April 29, 11:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious about H&M clothing, since I haven't been into an H&M for over 5 years (they were handy when I was in high school and had no money but wanted something to wear on a Friday night) I went into the H&M in Newcastle this week. MY EYES! They were some OK looking things, trousers, jumpers, T-shirts, but mostly there were naff looking clothes in eye searing colours. Touching the fabrics and looking at the stitching, it was clear that the quality hadn't improved in 5 years (nothing I've bought from H&M lasted more than a year of irregular use).

The store itself was playing loud dance music, was badly laid out and had mannequins wearing extremely impractical outfits, to be fair, some of the clothes were OK, but the mannequins were dressed in 4 or 5 bright colours each; it just hurt my eyes. I was the only girl looking around who didn't have huge 'gold' jewellery, a tight hairsprayed pony tail and either a tracksuit, miniskirt or combination of the two.

I guess I might shop in H&M again at some point if I needed something that didn't have to last, when money was tight, but it's never going to be a favourite.  

Oh, nearly forgot, a lot of the clothes looked like you'd have to be VERY thin for them to be flattering (a lot of very tight stuff, clingy fabrics, very short skirts, too skimpy to wear a bra with them and no hidden support, stuff like that), so I guess they're ideal for sims.

Looking back, my post seems like I'm a bit of a clothing snob, I'm not, Dorothy Perkins and stuff bought on eBay for no more than £10 is as expensive as I can get most of the time, though I have a few expensive things, mostly gifts. And I guess the stuff in H&M could be quite fashionable, I don't know, I don't pay attention to fashion, I only buy clothes based on what I like and what I think is flattering.
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 April 29, 16:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
I'm kinda poor too, but whatever I get there just falls apart after washing it a few times Cheesy Maybe I get the worng things. Or it doesn't fit my bodytype. Wich is whider hips, bigger butt, smaller waist. It leaves a gap above my butt and people can see my underwear.
They don't carry bra's my size. My boobs don't fit into their blouses. I could get an xxl shirt to barelyfit my boobs in, but the thing looks like a garbage bag flopping around me, and tight on the boobs. Way too large otherwise.

They piss me off. When they don't piss me off, the disapointment comes after I wash the clothing the first time.

I only bought a jeans miniskirt there, it is ok but I guess it's because jeans will be jeans will be jeans...other stuff looks like it'll fall apart just by merely touching it. Besides, being that I don't have anything remotely close to big boobs, every top will just flop around me in a horrific way. So yeah, I guess it generally sucks big time :lol:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 April 29, 16:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MMEStalker"
The store itself was playing loud dance music, was badly laid out and had mannequins wearing extremely impractical outfits, to be fair, some of the clothes were OK, but the mannequins were dressed in 4 or 5 bright colours each; it just hurt my eyes. I was the only girl looking around who didn't have huge 'gold' jewellery, a tight hairsprayed pony tail and either a tracksuit, miniskirt or combination of the two.

The store sounds like Chav heaven. :lol:

I don't really like a lot of Maxis' clothing, and I could see them making some of the stuff ugly in the pack.  The only thing I'd get it for would be for the meshes in case someone recolors the outfits or if I ever get brave enough to make clothes myself.

Edited to change a couple of things.
crazy4wipeout
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 April 30, 16:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First time poster [short time lurker] but I had to post on this thread.  

This is the first I've heard of this new Stuff Pack and I am really annoyed at them.  I love getting the Stuff packs not because they are worth the money but because I feel that if I don't, I'm missing out on 'real' Sim stuff.  But I'm feeling really cheated that they're doing a whole Pack devoted to a real store.  They are making money from the company for endorsing it and then money from me for buying it.  The clothes themselves; some are cute.  I'm upset with Maxis/EA.

I'd go the torrent route but I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to what to do to make the darn thing playable.
cogitoergosim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 April 30, 16:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use utorrent.
I don't know if I should post some torrent sites to get things from, so I'm going to say... google torrentspy and mininova.  :roll:
GeneGenie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 April 30, 16:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guh, even if I did want this for free (if only for the clothing meshes) I wouldn't touch a torrent with a barge pole; downloaded my first one over the Easter period and got a malware infection on my laptop :cry:

If I can download it another way...

(oh and new here by the way!)
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2007 April 30, 16:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "cogitoergosim"
I use utorrent.
I don't know if I should post some torrent sites to get things from, so I'm going say... google torrentspy and mininova.  :roll:

lol thanks! There are PMs too yuknow... :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
cogitoergosim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 April 30, 17:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pirates Like Sapphires"
Quote from: "cogitoergosim"
I use utorrent.
I don't know if I should post some torrent sites to get things from, so I'm going to say... google torrentspy and mininova.  :roll:

lol thanks! There are PMs too yuknow... :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ok folks, PM me if you need help with this, I'm the torrent queen  :lol:
It should be available a couple of days after the official release, though. Gotta give those pirates some time to do their work  :roll:
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 April 30, 21:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, thanks to everyone offering to help. Smiley

I am practising my torrenting skills on a couple of anime series, using the official BitTorrent client... they should be down in a day or so (amazing speed on this thing, almost 200kb/sec as we speak, eMule has NOTHING on torrents) and we will know if I truly suck or not.

I managed to find mininova by myself, but if anyone else knows some good places I'd love it if you'd send me a PM or something, thanks Smiley

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Noodles
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 April 30, 22:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with H&M is the same problem you see everywhere: Some items that would be cute in their own right but are layered with so many other things they look terrible.  I was flipping through my little sister's Seventeen and I was mortified.  All the fashion models look like bag ladies or as if they got in a fight with a really bad Goodwill store.  I get layering, I like to layer some...fort the love of God though, why all the mismatching?  The 80's were bad enough, why do we have to bring back all these terrible fads?  *choke*

(long sleeve shirt + sleeveless dress + leggings + kneehigh boots) x ReallyAwfulColorCombinations = BADNESS

Sims Community:  You aren't wrong until it can be proven with screenshots and even then, you're not wrong, it's simply a ginormous conspiracy ...
Maz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 April 30, 22:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe I love how things evolve on this forum if you just leave them for long enough... kinda like things in my fridge Smiley

Just wanted to say that I hadn't even looked at any of the screenshots of the clothes when I posted this thread.
 To me it was never about what's actually in the pack, but the fact that they use a real shop.
And I don't care if it's a good shop or a bad shop, if it uses Chinese child labour* or have Madonna design for them. How the clothes is awful or nice.
I don't care about any for that.
I do however care about paying to get commercials! That's what I don't like! That's what's getting my whetstone out to sharpen the old cutlass. That's why I don the Jolly roger (and nothing more) and go pirating! Yaaaarrrrr!!

*H&M states that the stopped dealing with them over a year ago, but where would the fun be in pointing that out. After all they are a multinational company, and those always do what's best for the little man(!)
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 April 30, 23:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Maz"
Hehe I love how things evolve on this forum if you just leave them for long enough... kinda like things in my fridge Smiley

... He's not even kidding. That's what makes it scary.

Quote from: "Maz"
That's why I don the Jolly roger (and nothing more) and go pirating! Yaaaarrrrr!!

:shock:

Scary mental image anyone?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: