PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 01:39:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84445 times)
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #195 on: 2007 October 10, 09:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, I'm very pissed with them myself now; I deleted ALL my downloads for a 'fresh' start, and now all my glasses are gone besides a pair of NL ones. (Maybe Vampire fangs?)

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #196 on: 2007 October 10, 12:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Not-Apsalar"
Another thing that really pisses me off about EA's conduct is that they added something to the game that clearly isn't compatible with Vista, even though they state that BV is compatible. Sony certainly never said anywhere that it is compatible with Vista. But since EA added something that they didn't want us to know about (hence the secrecy), they couldn't very well say it wasn't compatible since that would give away the secret.  :roll:  Apparently it's pure luck if you vista machine don't rocket off earth and spiral into outer space. Installing something incompatible on vista is like willingly injecting cancer on it and hope it has good fighting spirit. And then EA has the gall to say that they tested and researched the thing?   :shock:  

Gah, just wanted that off my chest.  :x

I actually have Vista Premium and have had no problems.  However, you can roll back to XP from Vista.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #197 on: 2007 October 10, 12:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"

I actually have Vista Premium and have had no problems.  However, you can roll back to XP from Vista.

Well, I don't want to paint the devil on the wall, but I didn't have any problems at first either...

And no, I won't roll back to XP, I'll find some other solution.

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #198 on: 2007 October 10, 12:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on guys, where's all the juicy info?

I wanna know what's going on in terms of lawsuits! lol

Actually, I did start thinking more about this because I came across a similar thread on some BioShock thing (google led me there).  They have the same complaint we do: for their game, SecuRom was also installed illegally (no knowledge or consent of the user).

Also, I think depending on where you live, what EA has done violates more than one law..

poopdeckswabber
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #199 on: 2007 October 10, 13:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hubby is a console gamer (all the systems but x-box) and says that unless you are a sports game lover, EA games are not the best. He said they are typically games that he may rent if bored but never buy.

liases:  Cadesmama2 and Angelicvictory and Littletimmysmom
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #200 on: 2007 October 10, 13:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA released the patch for BV! But they still have a lot of glitches that need to be fixed. Sad

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #201 on: 2007 October 10, 13:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "so-called" patch for BV addresses very little. Its TRUE purpose in pushing out so quickly is to upgrade your installed SecuROM spyware. The present version does not have a cure, hence their desire to push it out quickly.

The official position we hold here is that the new patch is Evil and to be Avoided. There is nothing it fixes that cannot be done better by Awesomeware and much that it will do worse!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #202 on: 2007 October 10, 13:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes FTW!

Seriously. I won't download shite from EA anymore. Pes, your patches are most awesome. *nods head*  :lol:

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #203 on: 2007 October 10, 14:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I d/led the patch because I'm non-awesome.

Go non-awesome people! -Sarcasm-

I seriously did d/led the patch since I'm concerned about my darned game. My main family's in their 3rd Gen! (Sucks, I know but that's GREAT for my standard)

quote="Black Rose"]

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #204 on: 2007 October 10, 14:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I have a question:

Is the SecuRom in H&M Shitstuff the same version as the SecuRom that comes in BV?  If so, then I have nothing to lose by yo-ho-ho'ing it, because H&M Shitstuff already injected itself illegally into my PC.

My Sims generally put me in a good mood, but I haven't played the game in soooo long.  Nothing interests me.  If BV has the same SuckuRom version as H&M then I might as well get it.  Maybe then I'll actually play my game? *shrug* Or I may be even more reluctant to play due to the lag I'll experience on my non-awesome PC....blah.

Edit: Is it even WORTH yo-ho-ho'ing?  I don't want to deal with any dumb launcher or the game "phoning home" or whatever.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #205 on: 2007 October 10, 14:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you don't use the H & M disc to run the game, you should be OK.  If you have done a search and didn't find anything suspicious on your comp, I would guess you are clean.  

I yo ho ho'd it and used a no CD crack.  I was fine, but then I didn't really like it so I got rid of it.  My computer is clean.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #206 on: 2007 October 10, 15:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Seasons crack to play with H&M and Seasons, but I've never searched for SuckuRom on my PC - nor do I care to, because I'm lazy.

That information helps, maybe I'll get Bon Voyage then uninstall it if my computer runs too slow or weirdly or whatever.  Thanks again, tomato Wink

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #207 on: 2007 October 10, 15:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have both H&M and BV, both purchased legally from a shop, and my SecuRom folders weren't created until I installed BV - so H&M doesn't put the crap on my PC - maybe not on anyone else's.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #208 on: 2007 October 10, 15:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crap, so I'm back to not wanting to install it. I've got important crap and fun crap that require things like Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools to run.  I don't want BV to mess that up.

How is it that both things came with SuckuRom, but only BV installed the folder? This just gets even more confusing *sighs*

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #209 on: 2007 October 10, 15:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
Crap, so I'm back to not wanting to install it. I've got important crap and fun crap that require things like Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools to run.  I don't want BV to mess that up.

How is it that both things came with SuckuRom, but only BV installed the folder? This just gets even more confusing *sighs*

Don't - I don't have either of those programs - so I haven't felt the full force.  Although my DVD drive seems not to recognise some discs.

And if you're reading this, and haven't patched - for Christ's sake don't.  It looks like the patch is for securing SecuRom more firmly - not for fixing your game.  http://tinyurl.com/yue866

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: