PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 02:23:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims  (Read 127414 times)
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
« Reply #285 on: 2008 January 02, 16:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true, but most emos I come across are teenagers rather than adults, and there's no teen versions of these clothes either! Wink

It's nice to meet a fellow northerner! Smiley

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: 2008 January 02, 17:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, to be a true UK northerner you need to be Scottish.

Most of gelydh's meshes are just rehashes of maxis meshes anyway. That nude mesh with the boots? Two maxis meshes stuck together.

uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2008 January 02, 17:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anna X"
Bah, to be a true UK northerner you need to be Scottish.

Give it a couple of years if Alex Salmond gets his way, and you'll be a separate country. Then we northern Englanders can truly be UK northerners! Wink

Quote from: "Anna X"
Most of gelydh's meshes are just rehashes of maxis meshes anyway. That nude mesh with the boots? Two maxis meshes stuck together.

Yeah, I've noticed that, which makes me even more surprised when there's no fat morphs. Then again, now that Gelydh is a "Featured Artist", she has to focus on churning out stuff daily to make money or else lose that 'coveted' status. If I remember correctly, there was one mesh of hers that was almost exactly the same as a H&M Stuff Pack mesh...

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Missing shower skin for Tristan Payne
« Reply #288 on: 2008 February 06, 19:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "twistingsims"
I am enjoying playing with Tristan and Emily, but the no skin in shower is a bit annoying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Cheesy

That's a very easy thing to fix. Just export a skintone linked to the regular maixs meshes, export the Tristan skintone, copy the Tristan BMPs into the first project, and there you go.

If you need better instructions, go here: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=41045
It's for clothing, but the process is the same.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: 2008 February 10, 04:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have much to add here, but I wanted to bump this ahead of the troll attack.

I will say though that no skin in the shower sounds creepy.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: 2008 February 11, 23:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No skin in the shower IS creepy. Especially when you're using Crammyboy's penis... A floating head and penis - with nothing else - is kind of... disturbing  :shock:

"You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who screams THEIR head off will be provided for you."
   Grouch cop, "Elmo in Grouchland"
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
« Reply #291 on: 2008 February 13, 21:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At Britney Spears:
Grow up, get lost and read the bloody FAQ!
« Last Edit: 2008 February 13, 21:56:36 by Alexia » Logged

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
zarah
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2008 February 27, 05:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

twistingsims - here you go, this is the Tristan skin base that stays put in the shower or other naked states:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ygtkz4j4jj

I can't remember the current nickname of the person who made it... Cherrylipssim was her name over at the old SFV forum.
Modo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008 March 02, 17:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't got any clothes made by Aikea in my game, mainly because I am not a fan of the goth/emo look (despite having emo-ish hair in r/l)

I prefer the small accessories she makes like the Art Nouveau necklaces. The scattered letter and vintage photographs are wonderful and I like her distressed wallpapers.

As for her sims, I don't see anything special about them. I only have 2 sims which are special to me and both I have downloaded from free sites, (one from sfv). Its a funny thing sims, you can get bonded to one which is kind of creepy and probably shows you have a limited social life like myself. I think Trinstan is ok looking, feminine, yes, but not as bad as other sims I see  Roll Eyes Personally I hate people putting eye liner, paper white skin, etc... on male sims. I think pale skin is fine but not overly pale. Maybe I'm being a hypocrite as I like to keep my skin pale, but I would never wear makeup! Its just peoples different tastes, and I accept that Smiley I think twinkleta27 produces some amazing clothes that I love for my male sims but I hate his/her anime male sims, I honestly would mistake them for females if it was a headshot only.

I used to have a sim I downloaded from mts2 years ago of a famous singer (its not available anymore). When I look back now at the few photos I have of this sim she looks pretty crap. But because I used her all the time I felt very upset when I lost her in a crash. Whilst I can understand Aikea's emotional attachment to her sims I think it was wrong of her to share them if she didn't wish others to use them. Maybe she feels that if she sees others using her hairs, she feels that that the person using them has no talent and its something of an insult to use them on their crappy sims/screenshot.

I think the photos she has on tsr2 are beautiful, defiantly unique to the sims2 community (unless I am missing some other person who creates similar or even better photos) However if you look on places like deviant art you are bound to find photos in the popular section that are similar to her sims2 work. I few days ago I found an amazing video on youtube of someones version of Alice in wonderland made in the sims. Alice was dressed as a little girl, pale skin, long black hair, etc.. Everything you would expect from a goth/corrupted version of Alice yet it still was very creative (it took the creator about a year to make) I was shocked to see in the comments section that someone accused of her 'ripping' Aikea Guinea's style. I have never read any of her stories but I saw her rendition of Edgar Allen Poe's, 'The Raven' Not really that inspiring to be honest, maybe it was just TSR's small story image size, I prefer to look at large photos and take in all the detail.

I'm not sure at what I'm trying to get to here, or if I'm even trying to get at anything. Just my thoughts I guess on the whole situation. I'm somewhat surprised at learning that shes in her 30's, this is the kind of behavior I would have expected from someone 16-25
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2008 March 03, 01:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like Aikea
her stuff is emo diarrhea
there is no morph
corrupted my shop
and cheap just like Ikea

I just felt like I needed to express it in a butchered limerick form.

BTW Modo, your avi is awesome!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2008 September 30, 23:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2008 September 30, 23:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know we could use color/colour.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2008 September 30, 23:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2008 October 01, 00:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gonna have a tendency to get your fucking ass kicked to hell if you raise more posts from the dead like this. It's been dormant since March. Here, have a ten-spot and go buy yourself a goddamn clue: we don't have them and don't know where to get them. If you want them, ask her yourself NICELY and don't do this again, or I'll be forced to get nasty. Got it? GOOD! Now go 'way kid, ya bother me.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2008 October 01, 00:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: