PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 00:16:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!  (Read 120051 times)
Theria
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Official Survey: They're going to sell individual downloads!?WTF?!
« Reply #240 on: 2008 July 03, 01:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the ducks look good on the table.  One of them hangs off the back.  Kind of an obvious error.  What is wrong with these people.  The free community has done so much better and takes more effort.

That could be the fault of the ducks, however. Knowing me and my luck, I managed to pick out two items of equal borkage and put them together to create a new, super-powered borkage. Maybe something that sits in the centre of the table, much like a potted plant, wouldn't have the same edge-tottering effect. It's just...they were ducks! And they were cute!

The curtain and the window are also borked but I am pretty sure that someone posted fixed versions in the thread at MATY.  They dont have diagonal meshes and one of them (cant remember which) isnt properly on its tile.  Also in the thread on the BBS (only went there cause it was liked from here and I am a curious pirate) the sheeple were complaining that the objects form the EP's contain the original dialog scripts but not the animations that go with them.

I think it's great that there are people out there that are willing to take the crap EA puts out and fixes it. It makes the world a better, happier, shinier place. The problem, for me at least, the community shouldn't have to fix something like that. It should be the company's responsibility. Then again, it IS EA that I'm talking about. I shouldn't expect anything from them but broken and fucked up shit that the community fixes. (Fixes that I'm extremely thankful for.)

I think it's the Virgo in me, demanding perfection, though I know damned well I'm never gonna get it.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2008 July 03, 01:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just fits that way because the table is smaller than the tile it sits in, while the object isn't. I have a CC bathroom set in my game (I think it's the Seychelles set from Holy Simoly) that looks really nice, but if I try to put any sort of clutter on the counter, it hangs off the front edge. Just one of those things you have to deal with if you want surfaces that are a different size/shape than the tiles, but objects that are designed to fit neatly within said tiles.

Messed up object footprints, though? Fuck you, EAxis.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Simsbaby
Landlubber

INTP - I DID do it!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008 July 03, 06:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really can't believe that they expected people to pay for shit like that. I shouldn't be one to talk though, I'm the one who bought it. Roll Eyes  I totally have to agree with Theria, and everyone else who said it. I am glad though that everyone is fixing the stuff, but it shouldn't have to be fixed in the first place. [sarcasm]This is totally making paying for peggy and TSR a steal [/sarcasm]
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2008 July 03, 10:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Call me a cynic, but this is just a prelude to them legalizing paysites. Soon you will be able to download TSR and Peggy creations through the EA store. They will invite the top paysite creators to join the store. The paysite owners will be able to sell their pixels, EA will take a cut of the profits and everyone will be happy, except for the people who will have to pay for the stuff.  Angry

This, and they'll only allow the sale or even distribution of custom content through their store. So bye bye custom content fansites all together, at least for sims 3.

Inactive
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: 2008 July 03, 10:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really can't believe that they expected people to pay for shit like that. I shouldn't be one to talk though, I'm the one who bought it. Roll Eyes
Oh, but I (and many with me) are very grateful that you did  Kiss And you did it fast! You rock!

I don't even want those bodyhop items and objects; as many have stated, there are better looking (and better working!) things available all over the free CC community. For free!  Wink

Nevertheless: I'll download everything I can get my chubby little hands on, and keep it, just to say: "Fuck you EA! Fuckyouintheazz!!!111"

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2008 July 03, 19:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they really think we're gonna line up to buy their shit and get a free SecuROM injection, too? Fuck them, fuck them right where Satan wouldn't have it on a good day!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 July 03, 20:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love the analogy.

But plenty of people have actually gotten the stuff.

Its funny, because when you think of Eaxis's customer base, you instantly think of kids, but most kids dont have paypal accounts/checks/credit cards. They go beg their parents and the parents will look at it and say no. Its all the adult/young adult simmers that are buying the store stuff.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2008 July 03, 21:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. Well, I guess I'm an optimist, because I'm foreseeing a flurry of "cease and desist" letters.

Unlikely. There is no profit in doing that. However, assimilating all paysites to the EAxis store is a profitable option, therefore we'll probably see that with Sims3.

The paysite owners will be able to sell their pixels, EA will take a cut of the profits and everyone will be happy, except for the people who will have to pay for the stuff.  Angry
This, and they'll only allow the sale or even distribution of custom content through their store. So bye bye custom content fansites all together, at least for sims 3.

And if they are indeed foolish enough to do that, they can also kiss the success story of the Sims goodbye. Free CC is what keeps the game fresh and interesting, and if you have to pay for everything, people aren't just as interested in paying for it. I'm actually kinda hoping that would happen, I would love to see the sales plummet.  Grin

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2008 July 04, 09:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, I didn't think it would happen this soon.  As of about 1.5 weeks ago it was just people disgusted in the survey, but within that time it's become reality?  And I always miss this shit lol

It's funny how TSR-buttlickers are basically like "Wtf, 'exclusive content'? Fuck, I'm not paying for that, I'll stick to TSR!"   ...where they also have to pay for stuff... Roll Eyes

$1 per item is expensive - even paysites are cheaper, so I'm surprised people are buying this junk.  And most of it is stuff you'd already have in-game if you'd purchased the EPs or SPs they're in.  Based on what it would cost to buy everything, somewhere in the $1300 range I think, I am kind of stunned that the person on the Exchanged had 90% of it.

To the person(s) who got the crap from the store to share it with everyone, thanks for your generosity.  Hopefully if people really want that stuff, most get it through you rather than EA.

With any luck, EA store will fail miserably.

JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2008 July 04, 13:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those surveys are usually BS, after the fact, let's throw this at the wall and see what sticks since we're gonna do it anyway type things.

I read through the 400 reply thread started by SMLisa about the store and found it amusing how many BBSers were horrified that EA opened a paysite, VIOLATING THEIR OWN EULA!  Cheesy  Which is silly, of course, but the anti-paysite sentiment was evident in many posts.

EA:  taking inverse response experiments to new highs!

- Securom CP:  breeding more and more pirates with every release.
- EAStore:  making even the most rip-offing paysites look good.
- EA customer service:  my sofa has better response times.
- EA products:  throwing money out the window of a speeding car is more satisfying.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Relle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 2008 July 05, 04:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh heavens. There are already rebins on MTS2. I guess the store isn't a paysite to them?

I'm glad the items are so fugly; they're easier to hate that way. I can't believe I really thought EA wouldn't have a pay site.

/Yes, I know, lurk moar.

"SILENCE. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation."  - B.Franklin on the Lurker's Creed
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2008 July 05, 04:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that the EA Store is what you would call a "paysite".  It's EA selling the shit that they have a right to sell online. It's pretty funny how lame the products they are selling are, though.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Theria
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2008 July 05, 06:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that the EA Store is what you would call a "paysite".  It's EA selling the shit that they have a right to sell online. It's pretty funny how lame the products they are selling are, though.

Bolding mine.

Shouldn't that be "It isn't surprising"...? I certainly didn't expect anything more than what they did release. Fucking ugly shit that tickles the funny bone and offends the eye.

Pardon my language. I was raised by loggers.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2008 July 05, 10:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm laughing harder at their inability to sell products that actually work correctly in the game. It's like the creators threw the shit together and didn't test it at all.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
CaptainChris
ARR!

Picture it, Sicily 1922....

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2008 July 05, 10:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like the creators threw the shit together and didn't test it at all.

I thought that was a condition at EA?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: