PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 01:31:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!  (Read 88666 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 21, 05:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Limited offer from a limited creator. Too bad her connection to the net and access to the game aren't limited, then my eyes wouldn't be tormented by the gaps. And the crap...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
scheherazade
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 21, 06:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So she know that her stuff is broken, yet she sells it anyway? And she's charging yet again for the fixed version. Jeezuz, thats not just ignorance of the EULA, that just a royal, money grubbing bitch. My head hurts now...need rum to fix it.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 21, 07:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "scheherazade"
So she know that her stuff is broken, yet she sells it anyway? And she's charging yet again for the fixed version. Jeezuz, thats not just ignorance of the EULA, that just a royal, money grubbing bitch. My head hurts now...need rum to fix it.

You get some rum, and stroking like a good cat for being a good newbie and reading the FAQ.  Perfect entrance  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 21, 21:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least one good thing came about as an after effect of Rose's greedy attitude.  

More people (including myself) have found Renegade Sims, not only is there evidence of the shonky work by the likes of Rose and Peggy but also the generosity of Renegade Sims in fixing these and sharing.

Thanks.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 22, 03:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"

Though, I can't quite tell if she will just sell the fixed meshes, or the colours too?  Because if its the mesh & colours, it would be "cheaper" for people who have never bought those hairs, and don't know about the booty.  And that way, it's an easy $6 for her.  Slut.

Slut! Muahahaha I nearly choked on my lunch when I read that!
Rose uses a lot of different hair meshes on each page to give the ILLUSION that she has many hairstyles to choose from. So obviously people who bore easily and need as many different hairstyles as possible can be conned. Some of the styles she chooses are okay, it's just that I've seen better. I've downloaded her hair now from the booty and haven't had a chance to check it out. I plan to take pictures in game with the fixed and non fixed versions. Just for curiosity.
I doubt she would've fixed them any better than the Pirates here, because she's the one that made the mistakes in the first place

Booo Rose.. Boo!

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 23, 06:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rose should be shot in the head, rolled around in rum and walk the plank.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
decaffinatedmeowmix
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 23, 07:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is so low of her.

If I was still donating to her I really do think I would be pissed off.
But now with the booty and nice, lovely free creators who can fix the pay crap internet sim life couldn't get any better (well with the exception of pay sites going free)
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 23, 15:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just when I think they can sink no lower........ :shock: What a BIT***!!!  :evil:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 23, 16:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

however, #77, 68 and 69 are GORGEOUS and i just got 'em for FREEEEE!  :lol:

i have been paying out the butt since i got this game - peggy, reflex, simchic, tsr, rose. i know i've spent over $100 between memberships and single downloads. i am so loving this site.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 24, 03:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "slickchick"
however, #77, 68 and 69 are GORGEOUS and i just got 'em for FREEEEE!  :lol:

If this is gorgeous, I need to start putting holes in my head.

I couldn't get a picture of the neck gap because the idiot teen in CAS kept moving stupidly.  Either way, there you go.  Holes in head = gorgeous.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 24, 16:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...I'm really starting to wonder if Sims' facial shape can affect/exacerbate problems with the hair mesh.  I have that one in my game, and it doesn't look nearly as awful as it does in your pictures.

Yep, I just booted up.  I'll give you the gaps on the child's head, and there's a slight gap in back of the teen, but I can't replicate the front gap issue on an age besides child.

And as I've only used that hairstyle as a formal-linked one for adults, it explains why I haven't seen it.  I tried to play with sliders to change the forehead, and I still didn't get any more gapping in front.

I'm still not going to excuse the gapping, but it had looked nice for what I'd used it for in game, so I was confused.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 24, 16:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quinctia, I think that you may be right - in some cases, a hair is really made for an adult head and stretches oddly on teen or child heads...or vice versa. I appreciate hair for all ages on one hand...but not when it doesn't work right or is CLEARLY too old a style for a kid (there's  a posh do from Raon, I think, that made the child wearing it look like a scary beauty pagaent kid..echos of Jon Benet Ramsay.)

Oh, and there is the YMMV thing...I like some XM hairs that Duckie can't stand, for example...of course, she's got an uber powerful kick ass computer with amazing graphics, so she sees more of the shit than I do on my old frankenstein pc over here....and if Peggy and Rose work for you, great.

I also think there are some things people are more or less willing to upt up with. Gaposis might not bug you as much as it bugs me...but then, I'm not bothered by Vita polys and you might hate them.

All that being said, the fact that Rose is making people PAY AGAIN for shit that should have been fixed in the first place is LOW. LOWER than LOW.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 24, 16:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to let other sites/forums know this but we aren't ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT PAYSITES at many of the other forums.
Arssholes.  :evil:

On the other hand, (regarding other forums) I've noticed N99 and Simbella are both advertising "updates" from sites that include pay meshes. ROFL!

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 24, 19:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may look less awful depending on face shape/size, but the actual mesh is not constructed to fit the default head of a Sim.  I don't know how she "builds" her meshes, but it seems that instead of constructing a mesh around any default scalp template, she just makes something and then tries to smoosh it on a Sim head, without bothering to make sure it fits properly.

I will give that it is not at all easy to take a hair mesh that is made for adults and convert it for lower age groups. I'm trying to do that with a hair I've "made" (read: altered Maxis) and I've only got it made for Teens.  Even still, I'm having a weird transparency problem that is not happening with adults, and I can't find out why the transparency is happening since I've made sure all the numbers are proper and match up in SimPE and Milkshape.

Btw that hair I posted has a TAIL at the back of the head anyway!! It doesn't make sense!  I do admit I like the style  - I just don't like the gaps and the tail at the back which makes it look kinda dumb (in my eyes).

Of course, this all depends on peoples' tastes and stuff but the main point is that:

1. She's charging for hair meshes in the first place, which is WRONG.
2. She's charging for the FIXES of her broken meshes, which is beyond both wrong and stupid.

And Requip - that's both dumb and funny. :lol:

Edit: Actually, the gap still appears using a Maxis default head.  It's not "as big" as it looked on my Sim, but it's still there and to me it's noticable.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 25, 02:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  I'm going to go take a picture, because this is so weird to me.  I know I'm not getting a gap.  Just because I want to make sure my eyes are not broken!  (I'm using face template replacements AND I've been playing bred-in-game legacy sims, so I could have some variation, but it doesn't seem like that much is possible.)

I've wondered with some of the wonkier hairs if the prolific hair-makers like Rose or Peggy have discovered a secret with Maya or Poser conversions that escaped those who were trying to do it for free.  It seems a lot less likely that they could make some good hairs from scratch and fail oddly at others, than have an easier time converting a style than the others.

I think the "tail" is supposed to be fallen strands.  It looks ridiculous on any outfit with a collar or back (which most of my formals don't have), but it's okay for my minimal application of it.

Rose still sucks hardcore for charging for fixes.  If she had fixed them and offered the fixes free (even if she required proof of past payment), I would've at least have given her credit for admitting her mistakes and/or limitations.  This is just a new level of wrong, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: