PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 08:39:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  just random thoughts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: just random thoughts  (Read 31074 times)
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
just random thoughts
« Reply #45 on: 2006 November 18, 16:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did understand from Blue's first post that the talk about "uneducated" was referring to visitors as well as (potentially) regulars but the point of it never made sense. Blue did not seem to be complaining about everyone who comes here being treated as a child/idiot, and while there are threads that are far from high brow, some of the discussion here is quite mature giving those who care to read it something worthwhile to do with their time.
So, while understanding that Blue might be upset for having the "uneducated" bit jumped on the way it was, I still don't know why it was said in the first place. It's hardly surprising that it was focussed on given that it is part of an incomplete argument.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #46 on: 2006 November 18, 20:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
I still don't know why it was said in the first place. It's hardly surprising that it was focussed on given that it is part of an incomplete argument.

I dont think it was incomplete. Why I said it? Just statistics I guess.

If I remember correctly EA Games sold about 8 million sims2 games (and I'm not counting the illegal copies which are an other couple of millions I guess).
Do you really think that all 8 million are educated?
Or just the ones who come here?

Why take it upon themselves anyway?

Someone mentioned that nobody is forced to read anything.  Well, I'm not a medium to know what's behind a title. I'm sorry. I'm really not interested how the guy gets laid. Its his private affair.
HapaHaole
Landlubber

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #47 on: 2006 November 18, 22:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, to play the game requires some intelligence. that goes for all 8 million.  what i am starting to glean from your use of the term "educated" is more the mores of a culture that believe if one is educated that person is "better" than another. and that the  higher eschelons of education bequeath  greater blessings of privlege and power than the low and unwashed masses can even began to fathom. that the "educated" would know where that 3rd spoon is placed and whom should sit to your left or right. and they would frown upon such a vulgar and crass forum that does not warn of sexually explicit material within.  just use "class" in lieu of "educated" .
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #48 on: 2006 November 18, 23:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care if the forum is disorganized and almost not moderated. There's no reason to do it, imo. Except for the "Thank you" and "Request" posts... :roll:

... but really, why are we talking about education already? :lol:

Quote from: "Blue"
Someone mentioned that nobody is forced to read anything. Well, I'm not a medium to know what's behind a title. I'm sorry. I'm really not interested how the guy gets laid. Its his private affair.

Welcome to the wonderful world that is ~Internet~

Seriously, I've seen a lot of stuff I did not want to see. Remember the hairy nipple?? Shit happens.
mistymage
Landlubber

corn pirate, 1$ each

View Profile WWW
just random thoughts
« Reply #49 on: 2006 November 19, 02:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think it was incomplete. Why I said it? Just statistics I guess.

If I remember correctly EA Games sold about 8 million sims2 games (and I'm not counting the illegal copies which are an other couple of millions I guess).
Do you really think that all 8 million are educated?

I'd guess that anyone who has access/owns a pc is educated .. to what degree depends on how you define it.

Or just the ones who come here?

Again .. anyone who has access to a pc can come to PMBD ..  and that's not limited to whether they play sims or not .. I'm sure quite a few have stopped by for the trainwreck/flamewar effect.

Why take it upon themselves anyway?  

Hunh? Could you clarify by what you mean? Cos I don't see the effort involved in clicking a few links/pages and reading along or even posting a comment.

Someone mentioned that nobody is forced to read anything.  Well, I'm not a medium to know what's behind a title. I'm sorry. I'm really not interested how the guy gets laid. Its his private affair.

Are your fingers broken? Does the "back" button elude you? There's quite a bit on the net that needs be ignored .. threads posted here being the least of which I'd be afraid of seeing/reading.

Now.. just how does one tell the education level of a poster? L337 speak, texting speak,  foreign to the English language and drunk speak   :lol:  can all cause one to read more into a post than need be.

Obviously anyone who has made it as far as PMBD is pc literate .. what their grammar level is, is moot.

So .. what defines an educated file grabber?

Perhaps one who realizes that paysites suck and that Ea's/Maxis' leniency has been taken advantage of.....

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #50 on: 2006 November 19, 03:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think some people are hopping on the "uneducated" remark because they've already debated the other topics and want something new to debate, rather than the same topic over and over again (seriously, the "wtf are you people doing" debate has gone at least three times on this forum).

I know I would do the same, but I'm not a strong debater, so off I go.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #51 on: 2006 November 19, 05:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Personally I think some people are hopping on the "uneducated" remark because they've already debated the other topics and want something new to debate, rather than the same topic over and over again (seriously, the "wtf are you people doing" debate has gone at least three times on this forum).

You're probably right.

I wonder if Lizard's thread can be considered a debate since we were actually talking to a wall when we answered to its "questions". :roll:
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #52 on: 2006 November 19, 06:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who are these people? "In total there are 21 users online :: 7 Registered, 4 Hidden and 10 Guests".
The "hidden" category disturbs me. "Guests" could be anybody, no problem there.

Edited for stupid punctuation.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #53 on: 2006 November 19, 06:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I am correct in my thinking, JM usually is under the hidden category?  I don't pay much attention to that.

Clearly it's agents sent by the FBI watching us.  CLEARLY!!!!
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #54 on: 2006 November 19, 06:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lmao. Talk about a random post. XD

Though I'm also interested to know who they are. But that would defeat the purpose, right?
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #55 on: 2006 November 19, 06:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the FBI a paysite? If so, what should we do about them?
Is their CC any good?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #56 on: 2006 November 19, 06:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FBI CC is high poly and obviously just a cut-and-paste job on most of it.

Also, maybe some of them are black hats that are married to paysite owners out to kick some ass because we're mean or something.
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
just random thoughts
« Reply #57 on: 2006 November 19, 06:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they probably use a chisel to sharpen their crappy high poly stuff.

Blue
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: just random thoughts
« Reply #58 on: 2006 November 19, 09:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ensign wrote:

"Personally I think some people are hopping on the "uneducated" remark because they've already debated the other topics and want something new to debate..."

You are probably right. I like to debate but to answer virtually the same question again and again and again...its pointless. :roll:

So I edited.
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
Re: just random thoughts
« Reply #59 on: 2006 November 19, 11:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are probably right. I like to debate but to answer virtually the same question again and again and again...its pointless. :roll:
So I edited.

Well in my first post I responded to a lot more that the 'undereducated' remark, but I didn't really get a reply to any of the other responses I made and in saying that you didn't state that anyone was uneducated, you weren't responding to my post, because I didn't claim that you did. For there to be a debate here, you'd have to respond to more of the posts that aren't about the 'undereducated' thing.

I still don't understand why you think that there should be talk about other stuff here, or what point you're trying to make about people registering here, or what you think is wrong with discussing the sex life of a man who has put information on the internet, about his sex life, to be read. I'd be happy to discuss those things if you'd care to clarify any of them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: