PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 15:59:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!  (Read 23786 times)
decaffinatedmeowmix
Landlubber

View Profile
Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 23, 03:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really see the point to this thread. You got the Files for Free the first time and in the end you STILL got the files.

Also corresponding by emails can portray a completely different tone. Maybe he was trying to be nice, and like someone else says doesn't know how to search things.. Which is sad that he wouldn't since it is his payment of choice.

I don't see anything wrong with him wanting some sort of proof.

And to end I really wish they would go Free as well.

And as for not learning something because you don't have time, well I just think you don't want to learn it bad enough to learn it. Which is fine too.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, it's just my opinion.

/two cents
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 23, 04:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point is between the first post and the last page.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
decaffinatedmeowmix
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 23, 04:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is that the Fridges are in the Booty, maybe not the Seasons compatible ones but they are in there.

I'm sure there is another Holy Simoly thread around here somewhere, and why not take the time to teach something to yourself. In the time it took to create this thread and post in it, you could have certainly taught yourself something.

Maybe it's just me, but that's what I would have done. If I wanted them bad enough I would have updated them for seasons myself, and not had to create a thread about this experience when the search button works.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 23, 04:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is that paysites cannot have it the both ways that they want.  If they consider themselves to be "legal" then they have to support their products and do customer support.  It's their responsibility to keep records of everyone who has given them money in exchange for their goods.  So for them to say, "You are not in our records," is unacceptable.  It's really not that hard to understand.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 23, 04:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, DMM (too long to type), this very issue is one of the primary reasons I have an issue with paysites.  When new EPs are released, the items you paid for originally can become useless.   I don't create and don't have a clue how to update the fridge for Seasons.  Nor, do I want to learn.  

However, your advice sucks.  Since this thread is not kitty litter, and is relevant to paysites and issues, I don't have a problem with it whatsoever.  It also may help others to remember to keep copies of reciepts sent not only by PayPal but by the site admins.

ETA:  If Dee paid for it, which she did, she is entitled to the update.  To want another donation for an update of something to work she already paid for is really....kinda like Rose...who is now charging for fixed meshes.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 23, 05:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "decaffinatedmeowmix"
I don't really see the point to this thread. You got the Files for Free the first time and in the end you STILL got the files.

Didn't I explain what happened in my first post?
I never got the files for free. I paid.
When my game bonked I redownloaded them from the booty. Minus said fridge.

Either way guys, you TOTALLY opened my eyes on the difference between donation sites and paysites. There is NO difference. When a site says it needs donations to stay open that is an indication that this is no longer a hobby for them, this is now a way to supplement or become their income.
The way they treated me like an account should tell you. I am no longer a fan talking to a fan, I become a customer talking to a provider. And that is SAD and ILLEGAL for The Sims 2 game.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
decaffinatedmeowmix
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 23, 06:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do agree that she should have gotten the files she donated for, because it was something she paid for.

Maybe it was the tone in which I read it.

I do know that in my place of business that if we make a mistake on something or something isn't complete we HAVE to fix it. Which could mean going back years to find the information. So yes he did have bad records, which she/he then provided proof of. That I don't think was a bad thing on his part, because also in my business if we don't have it in our records then it might as well not be there. Course with this all being electronic a lot can go wrong.

Also I did do a search for Holy Simoly and found nothing relevant to this subject so after learning this I do now believe that this post does have a point. So I apologize for not getting my own shit together before posting. I was expecting to see something along these lines somewhere in here but when nothing turned up I realized my own mistake.

Now there are some things in this world when dealing with companies that sometimes you have to pay for upgrades and fixes to they're things. It sucks but it happens, and on that note with them selling something that shouldn't even be sold - well period people shouldn't have to pay for the original content or the updates in this particular instance.

It is too bad that the updated fridges aren't in the booty. Maybe I'll go take my smart ass over and look up a tutorial. *before I need to kick myself again*

Again I apologize for my behavior from earlier.
lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 23, 06:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah I think there might be wires crossed here calalily through my english or what because that might look to you like it's defending, but it's not - you don't know me personally so you don't know how I behave when I go to bat for people (you'll find it to be rather different and much stronger lol).

I've said time and again that I don't condone paysites or "donation" sets or however they want to spin the wording of it to make themselves feel better about it. that stance doesn't change just because they aren't assholes about it like others that clearly let people know they're in it for the money and do otherwise "respect" the community in some way instead of just basically showing people they think we're a bunch of retards (re: rose's "fixed" hairs), it just makes me approach them tactfully as opposed to offensively and with a little bit less disgust because I feel that they can potentially be talked around into getting liberated if they're inclined to and shown that we're not the bunch of assholes we're made out to be - which ultimately benefits everyone. If I'm still being misunderstood after that because I'm not sure how else to articulate what I'm trying to put across, it'll just have to be chalked up to communication difficulties, because I don't know how else to word what I'm trying to say without you interpreting it as "friendly fire".

phasmatic sims | part of the wicked nouk family
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 23, 07:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lasciel"
I've said time and again that I don't condone paysites or "donation" sets or however they want to spin the wording of it to make themselves feel better about it.

So treat them the same.  There is no idea here that TSR, Peggy or Rose is somehow "worse" - they are all just as bad as each other.  Don't have a go at the customer who got bad service that was entirely their fault.  They got their money - now they need to provide a service.

it just makes me approach them tactfully as opposed to offensively and with a little bit less disgust because I feel that they can potentially be talked around into getting liberated if they're inclined to  

Again, how is the phrase "shabby behaviour" offensive - it's what they actually did.  They treated a customer like a thief - this forum was born because they treated a paying customer like a thief - and banned her and shared her details.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 23, 07:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Again, how is the phrase "shabby behaviour" offensive - it's what they actually did.  They treated a customer like a thief - this forum was born because they treated a paying customer like a thief - and banned her and shared her details.

I say "offensive" as in "being on the offensive" and being active against those sites, not "offensive" as in verbally abusing. *sigh* I give up, I don't know how better to explain myself correctly here on this one and keep being misinterpreted, so I give up - don't know how else to say things.

phasmatic sims | part of the wicked nouk family
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 23, 07:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

I say "offensive" as in "being on the offensive" and being active against those sites, not "offensive" as in verbally abusing.

This site is on the offensive against them anyway - it's called the booty. That counts as total and sum of activity against them.  Any other behaviour like spamming their guestbook or sending them abusive emails is not officially sanctioned by PMBD.

Their disgruntled customers are welcome to discuss their problems with Holy Simoly all they like.  They shouldn't have to keep their mouths shut, or deal with it themselves cause you tell them to - Holy Simoly treated them badly - and whether you like it or not, they are indeed a paysite - so it falls under the jurisdiction of "paysites must be destroyed".

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 23, 14:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deelink"

Either way guys, you TOTALLY opened my eyes on the difference between donation sites and paysites. There is NO difference. When a site says it needs donations to stay open that is an indication that this is no longer a hobby for them, this is now a way to supplement or become their income.

let's clarify here.

There ARE sites - including Parsimonious, MTS2, Simply Styling, and WickedNouk - who LEGALLY ask for donations to help support the site. The DIFFERENCE is that they do NOT OFFER PIXELS FOR PAY. You can get all the content you want for free, whether you donate or not.

The line is crossed when the receipt of pixesl depends upon the exchange of money. That's why Holy Simoly, as much as we like them, are a pay site. If they'd let the sets go free, I suspect their donations would increase tenfold.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 23, 15:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So treat them the same. There is no idea here that TSR, Peggy or Rose is somehow "worse"

This stuck out to me because I agree with it 100%. I know some people love Holy Smoly or Numero or ATS but I think all paysites should be treated the same.  :evil: I hate 'em all!  :lol:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
slickchick
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 23, 16:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i love HS. their stuff is always good quality (the arizona LR is one of my favs), and the great majority of their items are free. what i dislike is the set up of the donation sets. i'm not 100% anti-paysite, but i wanted ONE item from each of the donation sets (curtains/set 1, stairs/set 2, roof feature and corners/set 3). i wrote to them last week to inquire about a special price for the 3 items. they never wrote back. and then i found this site. *tee hee*
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 23, 16:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus: Yes I agree on the clarification. Holy Simoly is a paysite. Because they offer CC that noone (cough) else can get without payment.
I had *thought* that donation sites offered stuff for free but also offered exclusive downloads for donators. Like HS, like ATS2.
I also had thought that free sites that offer no special "cash for content" items were just free sites that had donation drives.

*ponders while stroking chin and sipping Rum*

So to lump it, anything that offers exclusive content for cash is a paysite and every site that has donation drives but does not offer any CC for doing so is a donation site? Or for the sake of simplicity we don't label them at all?

:shock: Did I just understand something? *blonde toss of head*

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: