PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 19:11:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!  (Read 23790 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 21, 13:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the best way to deal with the Seasons fridge updates is to do it yourself. It's easy.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 21, 14:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
I think the best way to deal with the Seasons fridge updates is to do it yourself. It's easy.

yeps, I did that with a couple of fridges I had downloaded from ATS before she went and updated her own stuff anyway.

phasmatic sims | part of the wicked nouk family
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 21, 15:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ry"
Bionx...I know I probably spelled that wrong...I am female.

I know, and if you spank your monkey too hard.....well.......you might get it's brains and blood all over da place.....we wouldn't want that, now would we? :lol:

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 22, 12:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going to make excuses on why I couldn't enable it myself. I'm slack. And uh busy! Really busy.. arr..

But the thing that I just realised, is this... if they were offering the Seasons enabled fridges as a FREEBIE for people who had downloaded and PAID for the donation set, why would they give me grief now? People anon could've downloaded that! And did they go around checking Ip's and making sure everyone matched on their accounts?
I do not - under any circumstances- , feel good about a site that is supposed to enhance my gaming life, calling me  LIAR and a THIEF. Even though it's indirectly, it's just bad manners. I can't feel good about that.
Call me hypersensitive and a whinger, I probably am! Haha.
But in the spirit of piracy, I find it hilarious that they go all anal retentive on me about a fucking fridge. Which they already offered for free... holding an item back, and getting all preachy about the economical logistics of it all... it's just monkey-madness.

I know there are scam artists, I work in retail, I know ALL about it. Hence why I am honest! But HS isn't a shop. It's supposed to be a fansite for fans, who are in a bit of a strap, who need money to keep going. Because THAT'S why I donated. If they are turning around and telling me they were LYING and they want to make an INCOME on it. I would have made a phonecall. I would have contacted paypal to contact them. I would have printed the receipts and printed my credit card receipts and sorted this out. But to do all that for a bunch of pixels that take maybe less than 1MB?
For material that they modified and adapted to a code that already exists?

I dunno. Maybe I'm the monkey!

:lol:

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 22, 13:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not the monkey.
It IS bloody ridiculous.
All paysites are, no matter how much I like their stuff...lol. I'm a sucker for HS and ATS.
Just dip into the booty next time for everything you want, or pop over to SFV for a request. They do that there.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 22, 13:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could've fixed it yourself but didn't, could have asked on SFV but didn't, HS did end up sending you the fridge and not making you pay for it again like some of the real assholes would do...I dunno, maybe it's just me being tired and cranky after a long day at work, but it kinda sounds like you're complaining about HS for the sake of complaining about a paysite...kinda like using it as a "hook" to dive in and stop lurking with.

If they'd told you to just get bent and not sent you the file after you provided all your proof and/or told you to donate again or something, then I could understand the whole complaint but I dunno. Eh. *shuffles off in search of lots and lots of rum*

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 22, 13:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it weird...I mean I realise that I could've done that, (requested, etc) but I felt that was too strange. Afterall, I'm new around here (I think I'm like, level of Deckhand by now right? A bit above sharkbait?), and I thought it would be much easier for everyone, if I contacted HS directly. I was under the impression that they cared for the donators, and it would take a minute  :lol:

It took 5 days. :x  

Isn't it ridiculous? Mang! I am so going to take a vacation soon, just so I can learn SimPE! My boyfriend can sigh all he wants! Maybe like our lovely axe wielding moderator said.. I could have avoided all this grief if I had just done it myself!

*bookmarks page* I swear, I will face boyfriend wrath and take days to learn it! Since I am somewhat... SimPE challenged Tongue

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 22, 14:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lasciel"
You could've fixed it yourself but didn't, could have asked on SFV but didn't, HS did end up sending you the fridge and not making you pay for it again like some of the real assholes would do

This is how they treated a paying customer - not a fan, not someone who goes to MTS2, not someone they didn't know - a paying customer on a business that shouldn't exist.

And not being the worst of the worst arsehole is not really an excuse to cut them some slack.  I don't know if you've noticed, but this is "paysites must be destroyed" - not "paysites must be destroyed except for a couple we'll defend to the death".

Quote from: "deelink"
I could have avoided all this grief if I had just done it myself!

Maybe so - to save yourself the grief - but at the end of the day, they still got your money, and their behaviour was shabby.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 22, 16:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
You could've fixed it yourself but didn't, could have asked on SFV but didn't, HS did end up sending you the fridge and not making you pay for it again like some of the real assholes would do

This is how they treated a paying customer - not a fan, not someone who goes to MTS2, not someone they didn't know - a paying customer on a business that shouldn't exist.

And not being the worst of the worst arsehole is not really an excuse to cut them some slack.  I don't know if you've noticed, but this is "paysites must be destroyed" - not "paysites must be destroyed except for a couple we'll defend to the death".

I could have avoided all this grief if I had just done it myself!

Maybe so - to save yourself the grief - but at the end of the day, they still got your money, and their behaviour was shabby.

where am I defending them? I don't agree with donation sets, or with straight up paysites at all, I'd love to see them go completely free and will admit it annoyed the hell out of me that I paid for their donation sets a couple of weeks before I found PMBD - I just don't see the need for the whole burning pitchforks in this instance because they weren't like peggy or thomas or rose. we're trying to encourage them to go 100% free in another thread here, yeah? I know they've been considering it but I know if I were one of the pair of them and I were wavering on whether to go 100% free or not, if I read something like that tearing them to shreds even after they'd given the player a gift file, replaced the file in question and making a massive drama out of it, I'd be thinking "why am I entertaining the thought of accomodating these people?". catch more flies with honey and all that jazz...

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 22, 17:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well accusing a paying customer of trying to scam you because you're too incompetent to read your own paypal records is kinda shitty.  That's the point.  If this person donated more than once, and has their own paypal receipts, HS should have the record somewhere, too.  They can't find it, which makes them the party with the issues--they can't understand the record keeping of their own choice of payment method.  That's pretty bad.

As for wavering, this above issue wouldn't even BE an issue if they weren't trying to sell files.  If you want to exchange money for goods and services, that makes you a business.  And part of running a business is having good customer service, even to people that are being annoying.  If you can't manage that, then you shouldn't be trying to run a business.

And considering, in this case, having a business in selling Sims 2 content isn't legal, it should be a no-brainer.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 22, 17:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

where am I defending them?

Right here:

You make them the exception to the rule, rather than treat them like any other site.  Ask yourself - if this person was a customer of Peggy's would you have gone so easy on Peggy?  The answer is you wouldn't have as you explain in your post:

I just don't see the need for the whole burning pitchforks in this instance because they weren't like peggy or thomas or rose.

Shabby behaviour from Holy Simoly is in fact, no better than shabby behaviour from all of these sites, and if you hadn't noticed, there is no distinction in the booty - separated by "good" and "bad" sites.  Leaving room for "good" and "bad" sites and choosing which ones were which is what got us here in the first place.

we're trying to encourage them to go 100% free in another thread here, yeah?

So? They're not free - they're fair game.  And despite pleas from others in the past, and pledges of support, they haven't actually gone free.  They're used to the crap all over the place of "But they're really nice" or "But they have such nice stuff" or "But their packs are such good value".  As long as that continues, they have no reason to go free whatsoever.  The way they are at the moment, they enjoy good community relations, and money - why should they bother to change?

if I read something like that tearing them to shreds even after they'd given the player a gift file, replaced the file in question and making a massive drama out of it,

Tearing to shreds?  How is the phrase "shabby behaviour" tearing them to shreds? You seriously need to read PMBD moar if you think that is tearing to shreds - or conversely keep posting messages telling others to be nice "and flies and all that" - and it'll happen to you sooner or later.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 23, 00:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Dear.

Please just know that I am not neccessaily whinging without cause, or wanting attention. I just wanted to point out that even NICE sites when coming contact with money just turn paranoid and haughty. Therefore hopefully fueling the opinion that all paysites should go free!! Yay!
And it's weird because HS isn't a paysite its a donation site. And yes I donated to them 3 times! I'll be happy to show you the receipts! Haha. I still feel weird saying that... like I'm still being cross examined  :shock:

Either way thanks guys for your insight and education on this matter. All for the fridge!  :lol:

Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 23, 01:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's weird because HS isn't a paysite its a donation site.  

actually...if you have to exchange $$$ for a file...its a paysite
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 23, 03:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly Deelink has not seen the light.. yet.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 23, 03:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes these things take time, Miss A. A lot of people make exceptions, others don't. I'm one of those that don't. A paysite is a paysite even if it's Holy Simoly. I haven't downloaded from there since I came abroad here and that was the beginning of this year.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: