PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 15:16:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!  (Read 23786 times)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
« on: 2007 September 19, 12:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my first post. So really quickly: I've been playing this game forever, and I have been involved in the Sims community as a silent witness since the community began. I have seen bitch fights as early as 1999 (alt.games.the-sims) and as recent as here and now, And god how I enjoy watching a bitch fight, it sweetens my rum! But I personally never really felt the NEED to bitch or even participate. Until now.

September 2006, we are going back 1 whole year. I stupidly bought the donation pack from Holy Simoly, I was desperate for new kitchen sets that did not resemble leggo blocks, and their stuff was nice. I KNOW it was nice because I had emailed one of the creators about just purchasing the 50's fridge and the fridge ONLY and inquired about the cost. She was very lovely, and actually said "Dee, it's cool! Here HAVE the fridges! You don't have to pay a cent! It's so nice to hear wonderful feedback! Don't forget to tell me how they tested!" My jaw dropped and my eye misted behind my eyepatch. SO sweet. So I decided...screw it, I want a new kitchen and the fridges were so lovely and tested well, so I donated. And donated again. I donated for ALL of the donation packs. I was addicted to them, I thought... what a bunch of lovely people! MY god... was a sucker.... :shock:
So it's September 2007 and I have Bon Voyage in my mitts and I click something and the game installs fresh anew and I lose all my downloads and neighborhoods. Arr! Why don't I still back up? Because I'm masochist I guess. So I go back to my Sim D/L journal, and check out all the sets that I had downloaded that were pay.  And here comes the plot thickener..
I had found out about this site/board from one of your more popular members who nudged me into the right direction, after I had "sensed" your presence. So I replenished my collection as I saw fit.
Arr Matey. Cheers for that.
But then when it came to the Holy Simoly sets, I couldn't find the Seasons Comp Tranquility fridge or if it is here in the booty it was my poor eyesight that prevented me from seeing it, so I bit the bullet and emailed Holy Simoly for the fridges telling them that I had paid for the first mesh and even had the free Seasons upgrade back when they were distributing it as a freebie, and now wanted them again because I.do.not.back.up.
Ha! You know what they said? "That was for a limited time only and No you can't have them because we cannot find your name in our accounts."
Esqueeze me? Accounts? F-YOU! I brought it fair and square! So I sent them all of the pay pal receipts, for ALL of the donation packs even through it said Donation pack 2 for two of the receipts, which will tell you that their "accounts" are messed up to begin with. And the stupid monkey STILL said that "your name is not in our accounts... BUT because you provided evidence that you have purchased from us, we can give them to you this time. But just so you know.... your name still isn't on here"
And I'm like...this isn't a retail shop sweetheart. This is you leeching off a gaming community that already pays through the nose for the privilege of playing the game. What happened to the nice girl I talked to a year ago? I played hardball and told her she should check the accounts again if she wanted to, but I didn't care. I had my fridges.
Funny how people and things change, once money exchanges, isn't it?

And all for the love of Fridges! I just really wanted to share that and to illustrate the point... that custom content should be FREE because it offers a PRICELESS connection that BINDS a community. You throw money into it, and shit hits the fan. :evil:

BTW I love this site! Sorry if this was too long! Smiley

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 19, 12:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, you will find a lot of sites that do this very same thing.  You are always suspected to be a pirate or they are trying to weasel more money out of you.

I have never purchased the Donation Packs from Holy Simoly.  So, sorry you had the problem.  And good first post for a noob.  That is the kind of info that is good to know for those who continue to subscribe to various sites.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 19, 13:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm torn on this one...I disagree with paysites, but I can see why HS were reluctant to take you at your word - I'm not calling you a liar here, but merely pointing out that everyone knows that paypal mockups are shit easy to create and so now people tend to be wary about people providing them with paypal receipts if they can't find the matching transaction #s...which considering you donated a year ago according to your post, isn't that suprising that they don't still have their copy of the receipt on hand.

I don't think it's so much them being "peggy-esque" and trying to force you into a new donation to get the files on this one (hell, they gave you one of their donation files for free before when you contacted them so I don't think they're vampiric on it) so much as them being wary of getting scammed... *shrugs*

phasmatic sims | part of the wicked nouk family
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 19, 13:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy Simoly is losing it's place on my "not-as-evil" paysite list. I think they're a little more money grubbing than I used to think.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 19, 13:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

deelink: Welcome. Please READ THE FAQ and LURK MOAR. We don't do Introductory threads anywhere but the shiny, happy thread created specifically for that purpose.

Don't start new threads if topics are covered elsewhere.

Love your wit and new pirate enthusiasm, but, again, PLEASE READ THE FAQ and LURK MOAR!!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 19, 13:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay! Sorry!
I am still stupid when it comes to Forums. Hence why I never really joined one before. And I will just say this...

Custom content should not be treated the same as property. Once that happens, then the grilling begins. I had to give out a lot of personal information to prove that I was saying the truth. I do not believe I should have to do that. Also I expected a little understanding from a site that was VERY understanding in the past. Once money entered it, they went crazy! Where was the community spirit? Am I being a complete twit expecting  anything at all? Perhaps. I understand then I guess.

But you know, I still believe that The Sims 2 was created with the freedom to enable as much custom content as possible, with little fuss. Why do paysites make it so hard? I don't think I will donate again, because I'm not  seen as a Simmer, I'm just felt throught my back pocket.

I thought this could be a separate thread.. but it was just me being silly. Please close it if you like. I go read FAQ now!

lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 19, 13:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
Holy Simoly is losing it's place on my "not-as-evil" paysite list. I think they're a little more money grubbing than I used to think.

if you look at the post, playing devil's advocate here I'd say they're still a "lesser evil" really because the OP did say that shtinky did end up giving the fridge to them anyway and had given them the original 50s fridge they were after all that time ago - not like they were down her throat ala Peggy or Thomas flat out refusing re-downloads without a new sub.

phasmatic sims | part of the wicked nouk family
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 19, 14:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I don't think there is a thread that could fit this one well without being severely necromanced.  Fridges were mentioned back at the start of Seasons as borked, and still being sold, and how they were still selling borked fridges.

Holy Simoly usually gets praise from people - and regret that it is included.  It has not until now had any bad reports - and is usually included with Numenor's tanning bed as a "regrettable booty file", along with Around the sims, and others.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 19, 14:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I can see why Holy Simoly will be seen as a highly popular site, I still remember my excitement when I found all their great content.

But isn't it funny how things change? They used to have such a nice website, now it's all gone banner mad. I understand that's because they are being hammered for their content, but t shirts? mugs? Not believing me even when I showed them a receipt? I like being somewhat anon, and I ALWAYS try to support websites that become my favorites because of their community spirit.  And when you get this...
Man I was totally shocked! I don't want for them to be destroyed, I actually want to say to them... do not treat everyone like a dollar! I am not hammering your site so don't worry about bandwidth! I want a 100KB FILE that you can EMAIL ME with ease! Do you see where I'm going with this?
It's barking mad!

Please Holy Simply, liberate yourself! Then you can email your content for free, your reputation will soar and soar and soar, and then you don't have to search your "accounts" and double check IP's and call people liars! ...in a backhanded sort of way...

:twisted:
yesssss I'm paranoid. I'm a pirate.

Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 19, 15:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deelink"

:?   you make monkies sound like bad things   :?

Cheesy     :lol:     Cheesy
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 19, 15:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spanks Yaardarm...isn't that what you do with monkeys?

I just have to say that as far as paysites go, it's no wonder they gave you grief. You're lucky you got them at all.
HS is one of the lesser evils, IMO. They have great stuff and tend to atleast update it when the need arises. Plus, now I see that they are also pretty generous for what they are. Thomas would have told you to fuck off, they gave you free stuff and then gave you stuff you lost.
Back up, back up, people! Put it on a disc it take a minute.
So yeah.
I wouldn't cinsider this rude. I actually kind of think that it was nice that they gave you dick.
But as far as it goes, a paysite is a paysite so boo to them anyways...

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 19, 16:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ry"
Spanks Yaardarm...isn't that what you do with monkeys?

According to Peter Gabriel, you have to SHOCK the MONKEY (yeah-eah)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 19, 16:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I CANT gripe about the capitalist economical logistics of it all. I am just saying that that type of behavior, kinda makes me sad.  Because you can't really be personable anymore. There is no soul, just money money money.

Everything is about money about exploiting the people to make more money. You like a game and want stuff that I create to make your game better and give it longevity? Then pay me. I guess that reflects real life a little bit too much for my liking.

And I LIKE monkeys Smiley Just as I like Holy Simoly
but then monkeys would beat about the bush before giving me what I want, now wouldn't they? It's more fun that way
 :wink:

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 19, 16:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand what you're saying and agree with that, honestly.
People can't just be nice for the sake of bieng nice anymore.
Chivalry is dead, I tell you, dead!

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 19, 16:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially since I liked HS for being NICE!
I still think they are nice, it's just that I feel that have been corrupted somehow. Like SimFreaks got corrupted, and TSR which was rotting from the first time it opened it's stinky doors.
I get worried when small sites like that become big. Then they become corporate. And then they get swallowed by TSR.

*shakes fist at TSR* Curr!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: