PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 00:15:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Save the Sims Community Forum
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Save the Sims Community Forum  (Read 75161 times)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Save the Sims Community Forum
« Reply #165 on: 2007 August 28, 04:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When sims 2 came out I stopped playing sims 1.  I guess they assume that everyone who plays sims 2 will switch to sims 3 and the new terms will apply.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 August 28, 04:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
The problem is of course, that unless they make some sort of definitive statement, paysites are already set to go.  TSR has the "Spore Resource" already set up - ready to capitalise on it.

I think it's possible that Spore may change things in a way the paysites will not like one bit. Spore is Will Wright's dream, his baby, and from all the interviews I've read with him about it, he's thrilled about people sharing their creations -- FREELY. Will Wright may not have much say over EA's business practices, but what he says still means something. Further, Spore is going to draw a lot of "normal" gamers who absolutely will not put up with paysite shit.

If TSR feels threatened now (and those pirate sets show that they do), they'd better run and hide in their bunkers for the bombs that will be lobbed their way whenever the hell Spore comes out.

Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 August 28, 04:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is of course, that unless they make some sort of definitive statement, paysites are already set to go.  TSR has the "Spore Resource" already set up - ready to capitalise on it.

There will be paysites up and going from the first day release of Spore, and then what are they going to do?

I'm not sure I understand... from what I've been reading until now the customer content is automatically uploaded to the Spore servers and made available to all other users... what will the paysites sell? Or what will they sell more than once?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2007 August 28, 06:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"

There will be paysites up and going from the first day release of Spore, and then what are they going to do?

I'm not sure I understand... from what I've been reading until now the customer content is automatically uploaded to the Spore servers and made available to all other users... what will the paysites sell? Or what will they sell more than once?

Meshes are already automatically packaged with sims, and that hasn't stopped paysites selling them.  People will find a way around it.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 August 28, 06:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do a search on google video or you tube there are lots of Spore videos that show how the CC is different. The user makes the CC, its buiLt into the games software and I get the distinct feeling that Sims will be simmarily built no need for a SIMPE CEP. When the new EULA comes out on Spore and Sims 3 it can be stressed in better language what is not permittable. I agree lol my friend Tells me TSR wont have a chance with the gaming community, not the same crowd.) There was one presentation a year ago I watched with Will Wright and Robin Williams was there. Before robin Williams came up to the front to try spore, Will Wright talked about CC it will be free for all, and he was talking about licensing agreements with Hollywood. We are seeing that now a sims movie will be made. So basically the paysites are going to have a bigger problem justifying their existence, if the CC developer is built into the games interface as well.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 August 28, 06:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"
I don't understand how the release of Sims 3 will put a stop to Sims 2 paysites. Do they really think that everyone is going to immediately drop Sims 2 and upgrade to Sims 3? That didn't happen with Sims 1 when Sims 2 was released. Anything changed in the custom content policy and creation techniques released with Sims 3 will apply only to Sims 3. If they want to stop Sims 2 paysites they have to address that problem specifically. Sims 3 is actually rather irrelevant to the Sims 2 paysite problem. Now, if they are planning on issuing a statement saying Sims 2 paysites are against the Sims 2 EULA at the time they release Sims 3 that's another thing but that's not what I'm reading. I'm reading that they think the release of Sims 3 will clear up the Sims 2 paysite problem and it won't. It's apples and oranges.

I'm not ranting at you, HawkGirl. I just do not get their logic.

Trust me I fully understand. Every single time I talk to them I feel like I'm going in circles. I tried hard today to get the guy to give me straight answers, but my two grandsons that are 3 and 2 were in the bg pulling on me, and hollering in the phone. I have cathedral ceilings here so they love to hear themselves echo and almost no insulation because I live in CA. So you can imagine what he was going through listening to that. I had him hold on several times while I tried to find something to get them to be quiet. I was having a hard time not only hearing him, but understanding him. I knew he was getting frustrated having to repeat himself, so I let him go.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007 August 28, 08:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see Duckie's point as Sims 3 is irrelevent to Sims 2 mess. The problem is, next year the series ends. From the feeling I get they are stonewalling both sides till the next EP. I think they are going to keep us in limbo, and continue stonewalling. We are pestering them, and they are being like parents appeasing a child. SO basically I don't have faith in them resolving anything, as they have let them thrive this long. So its kind of like they give both sides a greenlight. Thats how it feels to me.

I was thinking what would be the overall rammifications in the community if TSR was given a license agreement, and smaller sites up and vanished and TSR absorbed the others. A few may run their sites still like Peggy, Rose, and Vita because their in country's with no copyright agreement.

1.A bigger subscription rate (minimum 10 dollars less free days)

2. When the gossip reaches around all the sims community how many fans of the game will like these pay sites or even EA after they found out the paysites had no legal right to charge them they were scammed. Then theres the anger of the fans towards EA, you allowed this knowing we were being ripped off. do you see the vicious cycle here!

How many people would want Sims 3 after finding all this out?

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2007 August 28, 10:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
How many people would want Sims 3 after finding all this out?

Like I said earlier, if EAxis' going to wait until the release of Sims 3 to shit they'd better have a gigantic pot to catch it all in...

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
KagomeKagome
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 August 28, 13:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"

I think it's possible that Spore may change things in a way the paysites will not like one bit. Spore is Will Wright's dream, his baby, and from all the interviews I've read with him about it, he's thrilled about people sharing their creations -- FREELY. Will Wright may not have much say over EA's business practices, but what he says still means something. Further, Spore is going to draw a lot of "normal" gamers who absolutely will not put up with paysite shit.

If TSR feels threatened now (and those pirate sets show that they do), they'd better run and hide in their bunkers for the bombs that will be lobbed their way whenever the hell Spore comes out.

Wow...I had to see it for myself, and when I typed it in the location bar and hit enter -- presto!  Holy shit, the game is delayed "for quite some time" (according to Game Informer and a few other places), and yet Thomas has already sunk his greedy fat fingers into it.

Haha, if the thing about how CC will be handled is true (and I'm sure it is), I can't wait to see this hit the fan!  As Calalily said, they'll find some way around it, but as it's been pointed out by Neriana (and me a few posts up), the "normal" gamers won't tolerate this paysite shit.  Thomas and his cohorts can expect some sort of hell unleashed their way (as what happened with Oblivion when some complete asses tried to sell mods for the game).
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 August 28, 13:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if that was Exem caught trying to sell Oblivion files, he abandoned S2 for a while, and it was mentioned he was over in the Oblivion community?

By the way what do the gamers do to these crooks? Cool
Maybe we are being too nice...

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: 2007 August 28, 14:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't pay.
That's what they do.
They laugh them out of the community.
Someone brings up payment for a mod in Oblivion everyone laughs and See ya, greedy.
The reason it never got that way with the sims, IMO is because the people who tend to play are either young or older and neither want to trouble the waters. They just bought and played and kept their thoughts to themselves.
Before Oblivion there was Morrowind, and that's the one I was super into...lol. Oblivion, I have, but it doesn't run on my PC. What a waste of 50 bucks. :lol:
Anyway, when I first found out about mods for Morrowind I went looking around and found some stuff that would put the best sims creators to shame, for free. And NO ONE ever mentioned anyone trying to collect payment for them ever. Not while I was around that crowd.
Oblivion, on the other hand, has had two or three people try to introduce pay sites. And all of them were cussed out, brought into the light and shoved out the door.
Hm.
We aren't doing anything wrong here, it's the rest of the fans that are. They need to realize that paysites are NOT the norm in online gaming communities.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
KagomeKagome
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 August 28, 14:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Exnem was one of them.  There's been a few.  The Civilization community had a couple pop up a while back, too, according to my in-law.  They were "kindly" showed the door.  Cheesy
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 August 28, 15:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They just bought and played and kept their thoughts to themselves.

Yep, AND shared files with family and friends.  Cheesy *heehee*

Been reading Spore press and I LOVE this one

Every time anyone in the world makes something in the editors while playing Spore it is uploaded and saved on EA servers, then shared with others around the world.

but don't understand how?.......And how would this work in Sims 3? (computer tech idiot)  :roll: Please be kind.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007 August 28, 15:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time anyone in the world makes something in the editors while playing Spore it is uploaded and saved on EA servers, then shared with others around the world.

but don't understand how?.......And how would this work in Sims 3? (computer tech idiot)  :roll: Please be kind.

Yeah...beautiful custom content for the sims takes lots of exporting, importing, and testing.  It wouldn't be good if we ended up with some mesh that was half complete or some mod that fried our computers.  Will there be quality control?

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 August 28, 17:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red if you saw any of the Spore videos, you would see they provide with pieces, shapes, and colors. Its hard to explain but it would be a lot like the interface of Bryce software in its early days, very intuitive and easy to work with shapes to build. You could only upload their stuff to them if you are online. Anyway, till we all see Sims 3 we are just guessing. It could be a separate program like bodyshop that installs with your game.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: