PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 05:33:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  paysites get desparate
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: paysites get desparate  (Read 37695 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 06, 17:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes - the assertion of "community" makes me sooo angry.  There is no fucking community with McDonalds or Kelloggs, and there is no fucking community with TSR.  Get over it paysites.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 06, 17:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Doursim"
There was just something EXACTLY like this at Twisted Sims (just ended).  Except it was a real community thing... you know.. where anyone was invited, and they actually asked sites to participate... and no one had to join anything to download...

That's fantastic and a true sign of community spirit!  Did any of the participants at this community project at TSR take part in it?  I wonder if someone should comment on that in Thomas' announcement thingy. :twisted:

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
I still gotta work on getting banned on a paysite...

That's easy!  :lol:   Go on TSR and ask for free stuff in the FAs' guestbooks.  :twisted:
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 06, 18:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Granuaile"
If they really want to make concessions to the community, why not put out better stuff.

Tosh!  Obviously you have to do the opposite--i.e. make everything PAY for a day.  Then we'll see who is faithful to the Sims and who isn't, and that'll prove how much we need these paysites in our lives in order to maintain a balance in the universe.  I mean, really.  Heather wouldn't lie to me about that--there is nothing wrong or foolish about that plan.

Or something.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 06, 18:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So yeah, this has LyricLee stink all over it.  

She also has weezled her way into becoming an op in the antisocial chat room.  I don't know how she did that but it was in the last couple of months.  That woman with op powers is as bad as a drunk with car keys.  When she crashes she'll get out alive and she doesn't care about the carnage she produces.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 06, 18:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That LyricLee sure gets around.  She's become an admin at Carrigon's old site now, too.  Trust her to be at the bottom of this TSR project  :roll:

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 06, 19:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
That LyricLee sure gets around.  She's become an admin at Carrigon's old site now, too.  Trust her to be at the bottom of this TSR project  :roll:

I wasn't surprised either for some reason.  What I am shocked at is that she's an admin on another site besides Exnem's.  :shock:  

Quote from: "Missangelica"
She also has weezled her way into becoming an op in the antisocial chat room.

She's an op in TSR's chatroom? :shock: How in the world did she manage that, and what is she like in there?  I've never been inside TSR's chatroom - I heard that it was real cliquey.
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 06, 19:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Antisocial" was made by regulars of the "social" room on mts2 chat after social was closed down by Delphy.   It's not affiliated with TSR.

Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 06, 19:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoops.  :oops:

Why did Delphy close down the chatroom?  I never went in there either, but there were a lot of people who used to love going in there.
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 06, 19:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what it boiled down to was the ops were forced to babysit the chatroom instead of the room policing itself.  It became a job for them that they weren't getting paid for.  The bad apples (and there were new ones every day) ruined it for everyone.

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: paysites get desparate
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 06, 19:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "sherrie_sim"

Their listed desparate paysites are:

Exnem Sims, TSR, StudioB43, Sims Connection, Reflexsims,Beosboxboy, Retail Sims, Komosims, Besens Sims, Murano Mobilia, Sims2 Workshop, Nengi65

I thought Nengi65 retired? Does this mean that she took her toys off of MTS2 and  closed her free site down so she could join a paysite?

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 06, 19:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Well, what it boiled down to was the ops were forced to babysit the chatroom instead of the room policing itself.  It became a job for them that they weren't getting paid for.  The bad apples (and there were new ones every day) ruined it for everyone.

That's how it always goes, unfortunately.  Thanks for explaining it to me, btw.  Smiley

Quote from: "Evilredduckie"
I thought Nengi65 retired? Does this mean that she took her toys off of MTS2 and closed her free site down so she could join a paysite?

That's a good question, and I was surprised to see her name up there too.  I don't think she joined TSR, I think she just wanted to follow Lyric into this project.  Either that, or Nengi was talked out of retirement for at least a short time.  I don't know.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 06, 19:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This whole idea might work if a forced lobotomy happened with every download.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 06, 20:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Quote from: "Granuaile"
If they really want to make concessions to the community, why not put out better stuff.

Tosh!  Obviously you have to do the opposite--i.e. make everything PAY for a day.  Then we'll see who is faithful to the Sims and who isn't, and that'll prove how much we need these paysites in our lives in order to maintain a balance in the universe.  I mean, really.  Heather wouldn't lie to me about that--there is nothing wrong or foolish about that plan....Or something.

Ah Heather!  The voice of reason in the Sims community. Yes, we should all follow her lead.

Quote from: "BlackDwarf"
This whole idea might work if a forced lobotomy happened with every download.

True.  :lol:

But you know what?  There will always be sheep who will look at this "community" project and think that TSR is a god who generously doles out free gifts for the peasants.  Then there are the fence-sitters who might get taken in by all this without questioning the motives behind this project.  :roll:
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
paysites get desparate
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 06, 20:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

correct!.....and then there is also the FA wannabe's who would post their undying thanks and gratitude even if Thomas personally went round to their house and shit on their head.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
paysites get desparate
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 06, 20:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that's true!  Thomas could flaunt all the new talent he's bringing in from the outside, and the SA's would still post nice things and smile through it all.  It's like they want to be FA's so bad that they're willing to take any kind of abuse from him as long as there's still hope that they'll be next.

I'm glad you got out of there and that PutanginaMo is making her own site too.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: