PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 19:01:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Universal Sims...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Universal Sims...  (Read 75324 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 29, 00:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Denimjo"
:shock:  Did they actually pay it?!

Apparently so, since Delphy held their DB for ransom. The way Delphy suddenly pulled the plug on MATY suggested he might have been about to try a similar thing with us, but my paranoia had caused me to already fly the coop a night in advance. Realizing that his odds of pulling the wool over me like that were zero to none, he didn't make the attempt. Is this the thread on N99? I happen to be banned there, but someone might want to pass along my firm opinion that it is bullshit. $2000 buys you a dedicated server with UNLIMITED bandwidth for an entire freaking year, and someone is claiming that for HOW much? Did Universal sims get their own dedicated server at some point? I would recommend he move, quickly and QUIETLY. This has big red flags of "SCAM" all over it. The claims of bandwidth overages are even less credible, given that we know Delphy buys capacity in excess of what he needs, so an extra TB of usage would be well within his known surplus, and therefore makes it rather implausible that there would even have been an overage.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
GoddessByline
Landlubber

They're everywhere!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 29, 00:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "Denimjo"
:shock:  Did they actually pay it?!

Is this the thread on N99? I happen to be banned there, but someone might want to pass along my firm opinion that it is bullshit.
I pasted your previous post on this topic to N99... I will put this in as a quote as well.

We're currently busy trying to help this Nathan right now, as it more and more seems like he/she is a victim of a scam.

Apparently Delphy claims that the logs vere auto-deleted, so there's no listing anymore of the bandwidth use!!! There's more things like that unraveling, and it sreams SCAM to me.

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Universal Sims...
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 29, 00:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok here is a copy of the invoice for all the lazies that don't want to go to the site Cheesy !

Edit: Also for the unfairly banned *see below* :wink:

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 29, 01:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
Ok here is a copy of the invoice for all the lazies that don't want to go to the site Cheesy !

I'm banned from the site, for no apparent reason.

And yes, I find it rather incredible that someone somehow managed to run up 4.7 TB of extra traffic on an otherwise deserted site, considering that PMBD doesn't run that much traffic.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
GoddessByline
Landlubber

They're everywhere!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #49 on: 2007 March 29, 06:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm banned from the site, for no apparent reason.
Pfthhh... There's always a valid reason when you are involved Pesky, and you know it.  :twisted:

AnneBonny
ARR!

Currently doubting your existance

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 29, 06:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bandwidth overages on the nonexistant site are less than credible. However,  MTS2 exceeding its own bandwidth limit is much more like it. This could be an alternative method to pay the bill without directly asking for more donations from the MTS2 folk.

In regards to N99, it seems reason enough the 'fish' was banned stemming out of the one permanent emotion of the inferior man; fear. Fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable, AKa Pescado.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 29, 07:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Up until yesterday I considered Delphy a friend of mine.   But sorry, this smells BAD.   Either he's simply been negligent, in which case he should be helping to sort it out not just billing them, or there is something I hate to think about.   Delphy manouvered himself into pole position in the community provision stakes, and now he has to take some responsibility.  At the very least he's mis-selling these plans to people for whom the terms are not going to be suitable.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 29, 08:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "GoddessByline"
Pfthhh... There's always a valid reason when you are involved Pesky, and you know it.  :twisted:

Hardly. The last thing I remember there was visiting there, doing thing, closing the window. A week later I went there and was banned. Hadn't done a thing. Unless "not visiting for a week" has become a crime there, this would qualify as "no reason". And mostly I can't be bothered to sneak back in, the atmosphere there always made me nauseous anyway.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 29, 08:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you just don't fit in there Smiley  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw you had even registered, actually.

Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
Universal Sims...
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 29, 09:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's this bollocks about everyone actually being a bloody member? I've never been there before in my life and I know this.
Plus 2 years ago I wasn't USING the email addy I got the message sent to!! I mean, I had it, but I NEVER used it! That's preposterous shite!

It seems to me that Delphy is fucking us over.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
GoddessByline
Landlubber

They're everywhere!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #55 on: 2007 March 29, 10:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hardly. The last thing I remember there was visiting there, doing thing, closing the window. A week later I went there and was banned.
I have to agree with Inge on this, you just don't fit in at N99 Pesky.

Let's face it, I'm a bastard, and I recognice a fellow bastard from miles away. The difference between us is, that I'm older than you, wiser than you  Tongue , and I have been an active member of the sims community since Jan 2000. I've seen it all, and participated in more drama than I care to admitt. I've come to a point where I'm quite feed up with all the feuds going on in the community, thus I'm able to enjoy a friendly, helpful and family oriented place like N99... you are not.

Besides, whining doesn't become you.  :wink:

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #56 on: 2007 March 29, 11:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's face it, I'm a bastard, and I recognice a fellow bastard from miles away. The difference between us is, that I'm older than you, wiser than you  Tongue

Not according to the data we have on file, you're not. Either you're making some assumptions, or you've entered some very false info.

I've come to a point where I'm quite feed up with all the feuds going on in the community, thus I'm able to enjoy a friendly, helpful and family oriented place like N99... you are not.

Pssh. *I* never get fed up with fighting. It's bred into my bones. Fighting is what we live for, and what I have done for the 66 years I've been around. I *LIVE* to fight! And N99 friendly and helpful my ass. More like saccharine backstabbing. I've seen plenty of fighting there, they just don't carry it out in the open. Bunch of wussies. No doubt somebody there hoped to score points in their eternal political squabbles with that move.

Quote from: "teadrinker"
I think you just don't fit in there Smiley  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw you had even registered, actually.

I wouldn't have bothered at all if not for the fact that they make you register just to read it. I recall I was there to watch some sort of fight.

GoddessByline
Landlubber

They're everywhere!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #57 on: 2007 March 29, 11:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not according to the data we have on file, you're not..
My misstake then, I always picture you as a pimply teenager.  :wink:

More like saccharine backstabbing.
That was actually quite witty. I don't agree with that sentiment, as it's more fitting for other places, but it's still funny.  *rotfl*

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #58 on: 2007 March 29, 11:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My misstake then, I always picture you as a pimply teenager.  :wink:

It's because I'm male, isn't it?

That was actually quite witty. I don't agree with that sentiment, as it's more fitting for other places, but it's still funny.  *rotfl*

Eh, seems an apt description of what I see going on there. You people aren't allowed to just curse at someone so instead you sit there and fume in silence while thinking of catty comments to say. It's really quite unhealthy, you know. Out here, if you think someone's a stupid whale and a waste of space, you tell them so. It's very therapeutic. None of that saccharine backstabbing and catty sniping.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Universal Sims...
« Reply #59 on: 2007 March 29, 12:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems a shame to divert the thread from what could end up being the hugest scandal in Sims2dom.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: