PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 03:11:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SFV
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SFV  (Read 154562 times)
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: SFV
« Reply #420 on: 2008 March 17, 16:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the wcif idea but...I think going backwards to a sims1 area I feel it is not needed in my opinion.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2008 March 17, 16:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im about hun, still recovering from hospital stuff, but im about as much as i can lol, I miss all my friends to sweets, it so upsetting I think we should organise a chatroom somewhere lol that would be a great idea and i to would love to know if shez and pas are ok, on another note ive noticed this thread is getting out of hand RDS has tried to explain whats happening but some peopl are either heartless or dumb annoying SIH has problems in real life so for gods sake stop chuffing moaning about sfv being down, if it comes back it does if not there is always other solutions, sfv is not a place for grabbing stuff because your impatient, its a place were you make friends, have great chats be loved etc etc, so stop this moaning it wont do no good and for gods sake give RDS and SIH a break, have a chuffing heart enough said.

People haven't been moaning about the forum files for pages and pages. And if you haven't noticed, some have taken the initiative to start a temporary forum, something RDS hasn't tried yet, while she certainly had the time. They missed the community, not the files. Also, RDS has written some inconsistencies, has basically kicked down the one member that created a place for SFV's to hang out in, refused to take any help except money, and is also refusing to share some simple information that would have gotten more people to help. All the people in here understand perfectly SIH has no time to do anything and has bigger fish to fry. So calling people stupid and/or heartless is a sign of 1. you not reading 2. you not caring what people say, you're just going to protect RDS. 3. you simply ignoring all those other SFV's that have sympathized
That's two people from SFV calling their own members stupid for no reason. Are you all out to sabotage this whole thing or what?  Shocked

And even if people do say: "Oh boy I miss those files, I wish they came back." How does that even translate to being heartless or stupid?

Also: being critical = heartless? Do you know how often people have been parted from their money or even scammed? It's the whole reason this forum excists. If RDS had treated people as equals and had offered enough information, none of these questions would have been nessecary.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 17, 16:48:55 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2008 March 17, 16:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's two people from SFV calling their own members stupid for no reason. Are you all out to sabotage this whole thing or what?  Shocked

Huh   what 'community spirit' is being missed exactly?  if those two are any indicatiopn....     Undecided
Gelbarc
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2008 March 17, 16:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RDS has tried to explain whats happening but some peopl are either heartless or dumb annoying SIH

Heartless is not giving a shit about your members.
Dumb is coming over to another forum asking those same members for money that they don't need to know what it will be used for.

The fish rots from the head down.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: 2008 March 17, 17:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RDS has been giving out more detailed information, to those who have PMed or E-mailed her about helping. She was asked not to post the forum details in the public forum, and she simply did as she was asked.
If anyone would like to help and wants to get the details of the situation better explained, then all you have to do is E-mail her. Exactly as she stated before.
I don't blame her for not airing it all here. If the reaction from a few of you is what she can expect. All she was trying to do was find a way to get in touch with those members she was certain could help. She asked that people PM her, well if you'd have done that to offer help you could have been better informed. But instead people have decided to treat the situation as some kind of huge drama. A scam? Really? C'mon. Why would SIH pay out of pocket for years to host her forum, then turn around and *scam* money from people for no reason?
I PMed RDS about helping and was brought up on the situation at hand. If you really care about helping, then I suggest you do the same and you will be told what is needed etc...

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
boldenbeau
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 2008 March 17, 17:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, am less inclined to donate given how the circumstances have played out in the first place. It would have been much more appropriate to make an official statement or notice from the main site, rather than leave all sfv in the dark for 2 months with very little petty information. SFV members deserve better, especially if money is being asked for, How do we know if sfv is really going to come back?
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: 2008 March 17, 17:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you know any donation you make goes where you intend it too? Trust.
SIH has earned it over the years from lots of members of the sharing community, for obvious reasons. If you don't trust that the forum will come back after donations, then don't donate. It's that simple.
I can't imagine she'd take the money and run, I mean, really...but I guess I've been around since she very first came on the scene, and I've *known* her for over five years, so that may leave me biased.

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2008 March 17, 17:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed. I've donated and was constantly bugging SIH about a new way to donate since Paypal was taken down but she emailed me back that keeping the forum up was her Christmas present to all of us.  Grin

I trust SIH completely and am willing to donate whatever it takes to get it back up.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2008 March 17, 17:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What needs to be done is it explained for normal members of SFV - a note on the actual site as to why its down and what is happening. SFV is well known for having a close strong community with loyal members, and the members are being left out of this as they do not know what is going on - and those that read here, or Muslows place, and whether else RDS has posted this, are just being told that money is needed.

I'm rather agreed to what boldenbeau has just said - this whole situation less inclines you to donate. There should have been an official statement on the main site, rather then just leaving the site for 2 months and suddenly asking for money. Your members deserve more

It is understood that SIH has real life issues, and that it was difficult for RDS to get the -little- information she has, but its a tad incompetent to leave it for so long and do so little...After the amount of times the site has gone down, it would be thought that by now members are informed of what is going on and it is sorted out quickly.

Get a message up on the main site. Say what is going on, and what help you need. You need to get an exact figure of how much money is needed, and sort out a donation bar of some sort.

Although with the amount of problems SFV has had with servers, software, hosts, etc, it is really stressed that maybe you should think of alternatives. Coming on here and saying that there is NO way you will even think about being hosted by Pescado, and dislike pmbd, and dislike the community here, hardly strengthens the positive vibes towards this. Hardly aviseable to go to a site, bash it a bit, then ask for money...meh hm..

Ry, you are rather biased with it. Take a step back and look at it..I dont think this is a scam, as others have said, but this is most irritating and uninformative. Personally I like SFV and am a regular member there, but the treatment of members in this thread makes it all seem rather unfriendly to go back to. Makes me see the site very differently.

And on the proposed WCIF area here - meh would save on having the threads in other areas, and people have said there is a need for one.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: 2008 March 17, 17:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Cap.
Thing is, if people would just e-mail RDS, they'd get answers to all their questions. And no one chose to do that, they just ...whatever...bah.
*steps back*
I see what everyone is saying, but no one is stopping to consider that RDS can't tell more than she knows, and was asked NOT to spill it all on an open forum. SIH should stop by and let people know more, but I have had personal issues that completely took my mind off anything to do with the sims in the past, and why should we expect her to be any different?
Not everyone runs to the net when bad stuff happens, to talk to their internet buddies. Some people do, not everyone does.
I don't know. I can't help but feel that no one is taking emotions into consideration, it seems awfully selfish to me. Why should we expect her to stop what she's doing and post on the net when her personal life isn't going so well? Her family is priority one, not SFV, and I see nothing wrong with that.

ETA: I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, promise...lol. I'm just trying to understand the other POV and I can't.
AND HEY JOFRED!  Cheesy *gives jofred noogies*

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Gelbarc
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2008 March 17, 17:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. It would have been much more appropriate to make an official statement or notice from the main site, rather than leave all sfv in the dark for 2 months with very little petty information. SFV members deserve better, especially if money is being asked for, 

See, this is what you get when you don't communicate.
  And I've known SIH for more than 8 years.
    Walked away due to trust issues.

Gelbarc
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2008 March 17, 17:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been here, i've just got nothing to add since i know nothing Sad

Pas pratically ran SFV with Sherry for a good 3 or more yrs. She's kept in the dark too? Why isn't RDS keeping her informed?

CaptainJojoba, from the very beginning  when there were any problems everyone was made aware what those problems were. It may not have been detailed information but you weren't left with your thumb up your ass wondering what was going on. Mods were immediately IM'ed or a web page was put up to keep you informed. Web pages today can be set up in minutes.

I've donated money for files or whatever else when I *knew what it was for* even when I shouldn't have. Never had a problem helping out in that way but when you're told money isn't the problem in one post then a few pages down you need money, a red light flashes...for me at least.

Ry,
I looked after I posted and thought I should change that. Thanks for the tip. Wink I don't have any questions. I'm no longer a founder there. I'm just an interested simmer/fan whatever these days. SIH only seems to communicate with RDS anyways.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 17, 18:19:52 by Gelbarc » Logged

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2008 March 17, 18:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, promise...lol. I'm just trying to understand the other POV and I can't.
AND HEY JOFRED!  Cheesy *gives jofred noogies*

Undecided But I dont want to be noogied *whines and pokes RY*

And I get your view on this. I just think 2 months is way too long.

Get a note up on the site to say what is going on, its unfair to the members to just leave them in the dark. I really doubt each and every member is going to email RDS, and *more* will see it if its on the main site, and thus you will get more help quicker. Seems sense to me

Understand that SIH is having a tough time in real life, and that is more important, but it really is best to put a note up on the site - means people see it, people know what is going on, there will be no more confusion by other people (RDS) giving the little information they have, reassures the members, and means that SFV will most likely get the help it needs.

How is that a bad thing?  Undecided

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: 2008 March 17, 18:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a bad thing. I do agree that something should have been said, but I can't be mad that she didn't say anything after finding out she's having some RL issues. I guess it all boils down to personality, and my personality is one that can't take offense to that, whereas others have personalities that do.
If that makes sense at all...lol.

ETA: Gelbarc, in the future, you should modify your posts instead of double posting. It's quite the no-no here.
As for your questions, how can I answer them? You know I can't. You'll have to ask SIH yourself, if you're so interested.

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2008 March 17, 18:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do know that SIH is an extremely private person. And I'm okay with that.  Grin I've downloaded so many friggin files from SFV for over 4 years now so I'm more than happy to give back if needed.  Cheesy

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: