PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 21:08:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SFV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SFV  (Read 154548 times)
rds
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: SFV
« Reply #375 on: 2008 March 16, 03:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, there is a lot that you guys don't understand so I will try my best to answer all your concerns.

First, I don't think SIH knows that I'm here at all.  I came here because I know a lot of SFV members are also here and I can effectively update them on what I know.  It's not that she doesn't come on here because she doesn't like it here, it's just that she doesn't have the time right now.  So this is my way of letting you all know that SFV isn't completely gone.

SIH got that forum because the reason the other one went kaput was because it was cheap and could not handle the amount of members that SFV has.  It is getting close to 6000 members now.
SIH has told me she will not switch, she just paid for the server and it is non-refundable.
I have a feeling someone will think that's the wrong solution, but that is was SIH wants to do and it can't be contested.

We have been approached with the idea to let Pes host us.  When we had the with the old server, that was everyone's solution.  It won't work , or, we aren't willing to do that.

SIH had plenty of funds to keep it up and running when she bought the forum.  She wouldn't of bought it if her financial situation were strapped, that is a lot of money for a server after all!  I am talking to her on messenger right now, and she told me I could say WHY she no longer has those funds.  She is currently going through a divorce directly quoting, "that takes prioity over the server.. sorry"  I hope you all understand.  Her ex-husband is out of the country and so far has not been helping with support.  They have children.  That isn't all that is going on trust me there is a LOT more!   Tip of the iceberg if you will.  
Point is, she had the funds.  Then Real Life happened.  Please don't judge her.  It happens to all of us at one point Embarrassed

Anyway, I'm trying to answer everything that was brought up.  If it doesn't seem right, if you think this is shady, I understand and I am not asking that you pledge/donate.  The members who know us and me will think otherwise, from what I hear the bill isn't that outstanding just overwhelming for SIH at the moment.  

If you have anymore questions, I think my inbox is full at the moment and I want to get more info before I delete those PMs of course.  I will be checking my email periodically, RDSatSFV@gmail.com

I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression about my intentions or that you're confused about what is going on.  Trust me, I'm trying my best to keep you all informed and I hope I answered all the questions/concerns.

ravencat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2008 March 16, 05:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so far has not been helping with support.  They have children.  That isn't all that is going on trust me there is a LOT more!   Tip of the iceberg if you will.  
Point is, she had the funds.  Then Real Life happened.  Please don't judge her.  It happens to all of us at one point Embarrassed

Thanks rds for info.
 I understand her situation been there, done that. Everything left on the shoulder of SIH, very trying thing to go thru. Sad
Sims2lvr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2008 March 16, 08:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry to hear that she's going thru a divorce...that can be a bitch!  rds...I will be pm'ing you and try to help you and others to come up with a solution and I really hope that we as a community can get it back up and running!

S2L
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: 2008 March 16, 16:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rds, most forums have more members than that. so that "too many members" thing is bullshit unless you had that many people online AT ONCE, and not even mts2 has that happen....and each time i was on sfv there was no more than 10 people sitting on the site posting.

Also, you said she just paid for the server, but youre talking about the forum software. Forum software and server hosting are completely different....and this makes me wonder if you guys understand forums/hosting at all? Or if you mean that she renewed hosting and paid for the forum at the same time?

If she just paid for the server (her hosting), then she can disable the forum and put up a page telling everyone wtf is going on.
If you mean that she just paid for the forum (the expensive bloated software you guys were posting on), then she should be looking for new hosting that can handle the forum (although honestly godaddy should be able to keep hosting it)

phpbb may not be the best solution, but just because ONE free software fails you, doesnt mean all of them will. Pay items are not always better than free ones -- like sims crap lol

How would Pes hosting you guys not work? I provide hosting with Nouk to over 40 sites, we dont get involved in what they do on them (unless it effects the server), Pes can host you guys and not touch the site ever except when you need tech help. Providing hosting does NOT mean being involved in any way. So it CAN work, you guys just dont want to do it?

im sorry that she is going through RL stuff right now, but throwing money at a broken site is not going to fix it. She needs to figure out WHICH is the problem: the forum or the hosting and find a better solution. Nouk and I (and others) have already said this. If she doesnt have time for it right now, which it sounds like she doesnt, why doesnt she just ask Pescado to host, give him her soul to set up SMF or something real quick (it takes 15min, ive done it multiple times), and you guys can be back on your merry way without her having to worry about it anymore?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 16, 16:55:49 by ws-jessica » Logged
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: 2008 March 16, 16:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand why you're poking sticks at RDS, Jess.
When it comes down to it, it's SIH's forum, not RDS's, so it's possible she can't explain things quite the way SIH would.

RDS, you should ask SIH if she could write an e-mail you could post here for us, explaining what she needs and stuff. That way we know exactly the problem and we can help her to fix it. And there would be less misunderstanding.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2008 March 16, 16:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is complete unwillingness to make compromise, that is the problem. Just read it there in the post. They WANT to keep the expensive software and hosting because of some aversion against being hosted by someone else (unless you have your own server in your bassment, you are always hosted by someone else but hey?), there is no time to do anything about the site, and there's unwillingness to let someone else do it. So forget about it. That is what they want, let them do it.
If their community want to get back what they had, they should do something themselves instead of moping around. So go on guys, make a site in 5 minutes and start chatting again! Not a big deal or hard work: http://www.freesmfhosting.com/ If someone is in a divorce, they will not have time to do it for you! Besides it's probably temporary.

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: 2008 March 16, 17:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think she is poking sticks at rds - she's asking questions and rds is acting as SIH's agent at this point in time - there is no SIH to ask questions of.  Some of those questions need to be asked - this is totally vague, and not really clear on what is being paid for, and what the problems are.  

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: 2008 March 16, 17:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i dont mean to poke sticks, but shes the only one here typing and trying to get money.
i was pointed here to try and help, because people are missing SFV (and some people were asking me if i knew of a solution)
RDS seems confused and its confusing everyone else, so im trying to clarify things by pointing out the inconsistencies to try to get real answers and not more confusion.
sorry if i seem mean
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2008 March 16, 17:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying to get money... without telling anyone how much they need, why and what exactly for. Not even after 10 people asking.  Huh

Inactive
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: 2008 March 16, 17:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I guess I read it wrong...lol...
My mind is still in bed.  Cheesy
I get it better now, and I wasn't trying to be mean either, hun.

So let's make a list of questions and see if we can get RDS to mail them to SIH?
Help me ladies, what do we need to know in order to get this going?
1. How much?
2. WHat for, exactly?
Anyone? Bueller? Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Gelbarc
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2008 March 16, 20:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying to get money... without telling anyone how much they need, why and what exactly for. Not even after 10 people asking.  Huh

Says a lot doesn't it?  Lips sealed

The fish rots from the head down.
Ferris
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2008 March 16, 21:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If their community want to get back what they had, they should do something themselves instead of moping around. So go on guys, make a site in 5 minutes and start chatting again! Not a big deal or hard work: http://www.freesmfhosting.com/ If someone is in a divorce, they will not have time to do it for you! Besides it's probably temporary.

I did something myself and set up a SMForum: http://sfvsmf.freesmfhosting.com/
Took a bit longer than 5 minutes. Cheesy *lol*
Though I doubt that many SFV users will register there.
I tried my best to make it similar to SFV, for now without sharing area though.

I don't want to piss off SIH or anyone else, I just want a place to hang out and chat and leave the pirates alone.  Wink
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2008 March 16, 21:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ferris, I'll definitely register there Smiley  Hopefully others will to Grin

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2008 March 16, 22:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is currently going through a divorce directly quoting, "that takes prioity over the server.. sorry"  I hope you all understand.  Her ex-husband is out of the country and so far has not been helping with support.  They have children.  That isn't all that is going on trust me there is a LOT more!   Tip of the iceberg if you will. 
Point is, she had the funds.  Then Real Life happened.  Please don't judge her.  It happens to all of us at one point

Ah, FUCK........this is exactly what I was thinking to myself........something horrible in her personal life!! When you can, rds....let her know she's in my thoughts. As for why SFV when PMBD is here? The biggest reason I can think of is the TS1 items that are available (there are TONS of TS1'ers at SFV still sharing old files, payfiles and files from sites that have closed) That's it mostly. And no one gets jumped on when files are requested.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2008 March 16, 23:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's great there's a place for you to talk now! Good luck Smiley

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: