PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:07:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SFV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SFV  (Read 154544 times)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Re: SFV
« Reply #345 on: 2008 March 15, 19:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can someone please answer when SFV will be back or if it will be back?

We can only say what's been said here many a time: It'll be up when SIH has time and can fix it. You just have to be patient. I know that you really love the place but you'll just have to try and wait for it a little while longer.

rds
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2008 March 15, 19:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I DO have an update, but it's not what I would like but it's pretty necessary that I get this out...

I talked to SIH and she has okayed that I start accepting donations in order to get the forum back up and running.  Yes, the reason that it is down is completely monetary.  We stopped taking donations in the past because Paypal is a horrible company and because of Thomas's finger pointing and false accusations Paypal STILL has the donated money from over a year ago.  Must be great to be a company that can steal money from people and get away with it huh??

Anyway, I think I have a solution.  So, if you are willing and able to contribute anything monetarily please please please PM me and I will give you more info.  I probably won't take donations until I know exactly where they go, and get all that cleared up.  So it will be a pledge more or less and I will stop taking pledges when the amount is met.  Once everything is clear w/ SIH I will give the money to her and get the forum back up and running ASAP.

I'm sorry it's led to this.  RL has thrown some nasty twists I hope you all understand and hope you know that we love our members and hate asking such a favor of you when you already spend money on sharing items with everyone  Embarrassed
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: 2008 March 15, 20:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, she's been footing the bill awhile, right? I don't see a big deal in asking for donations to get the site running.
Good luck!

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2008 March 15, 20:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is going to sound very rude: Nice to hear that after 2 months of not being deemed worthy of knowing what is going on, you're still not telling us exactly what you need. I don't mind if you don't want to tell all those weird pirates over here, but what about your regulars?
The worst way of getting help(donations) is not telling people what help you need, every detail. (And telling them before all this, they 'don't need to know' what's going on.)

Inactive
nastygirl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2008 March 15, 21:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind contributing to the cause! I use it and I can donate to it! I would rather donate to SFV than give my money to greedy sob's anyday. Grin
rds
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 2008 March 15, 21:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is going to sound very rude: Nice to hear that after 2 months of not being deemed worthy of knowing what is going on, you're still not telling us exactly what you need. I don't mind if you don't want to tell all those weird pirates over here, but what about your regulars?
The worst way of getting help(donations) is not telling people what help you need, every detail. (And telling them before all this, they 'don't need to know' what's going on.)

The explanation to that is very simple and -I'm hoping- easy to understand.  I was not able nor willing to tell people that SFV needed donations without being completely sure that SIH wanted to accept donations.
I hope that you will respect the fact that I will not aire other people's business as though it were my own.  That includes SIH's bank account.
I did not know then that we would even ask for donations.  SIH told me she would have to check and make sure she had money to feed her family before she put more money into the forum.  So, the very second I talked to SIH and found out I could ask for donations I got on here and am now asking for help.  Thus, you didn't need to know because there was nothing to report.
I did, btw, tell a few SFV members via PM why the forum was not up.  I appreciate them and the fact that they did not tell others before I was completely ready to explain the situation.  I would not leave our members in the dark, please realize this.

Thank you for those who sent me PMs.  I will get back to you tonight, I have a meeting w/ fellow army wives and hope to get back at a decent hour.  LOVE YOU GUYS!  Kiss  If you want to know more details, PM me.  I will be letting the donators know more info, but to be honest the things that I'm not sharing are not set in stone and I will not tell you things without being 100% sure!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2008 March 15, 21:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand your explanation. Personally I wouldn't even think about a site if I had trouble feeding my family. Screw that site, I want my potatoes! Lips sealed  So I get it!
It's cool she wants to pay for the site herself, but there's huge amounts of people that can miss 5 bucks in stead of her having to pay hundreds(?) each month. This community is very willing to help a site like SFV. Maybe SFV is just too big for one or two people to finance.  So maybe move the donation thing to a monthly thing? If not through paypal, maybe through something else like money orders or credit card payments? Or is that what you're doing.

Also: why not tell us how much money you need and we'll know what amount we are going after? Maybe even a donation meter? If you share more info you will get more help, because people will have a goal to donate to.

Plus: Use the exchange rate thing and get donators from Europe. *evil laugh*  Grin

Inactive
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2008 March 15, 21:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh   I really dont understand this.

- since PMBD deals with the same type of files, wouldnt it make more sense to have them all in one place?

- the statements that: "Paypal is a horrible company and because of Thomas's finger pointing and false accusations" and "SIH told me she would have to check and make sure she had money to feed her family before she put more money into the forum."
are moot if the files are moved to this place since (a) Pescado doesnt ask for donations to pay for this place and (b) nobodies family starves or has to deal with Paypal or Thomass

- it seems a number of SIH people are here anyway, so why 'reinvent the wheel' so to speak
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2008 March 15, 21:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, true. Besides having SIH paying for very expensive forum software (in my eyes everything above 50 is expensive lol), why not use SMF and get free file hosting with Pes? Maybe you can work something out that is much more efficient and much much cheaper.

Inactive
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2008 March 15, 21:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it doesn't really need filehosting since most of the files are hosted by mediafire, divshare etc  And also, I hope I don't offend, I find it a lot easier to talk over at SFV than here - I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.  It's not really about the filesharing, most of us are missing the actual community.  I'd like to help out rds, but things are tight with unexpected costs coming up, I won't be able to donate anything until next month Smiley

ravencat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2008 March 15, 22:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree with you Charlotte about missing the forum.  Cry

Would love to help SFV but I have to see what the old paycheck comes to next week.

God Bless America and its weak economy Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 March 15, 23:00:09 by ravencat » Logged
RedSeawench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2008 March 15, 22:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I download most of what other creators at that forum have made and occasionally something from a paysite(which usually gets deleted shortly thereafter)Its not the downlaods I go there for as Charlotte said its the community itself,if there is anything I can do rds you know I will ...I miss everyone and hope to see us all back there soon!
euterpe
ARR!

Fresh cookies are always necessary!

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2008 March 15, 22:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see--so it's the forum costs we're being asked to help subsidize.  I had no idea it was so expensive to run a forum (seriously--I'm not being sarcastic).  In that case, would it be possible to set up a separate forum area here for the SFV people to use, and let the members keep their files on mediafire, etc.? 

Again, I'm not very familiar with SFV, so I'm just trying to get a handle on what sort of help could be provided here to expedite getting the site back up.  Money is certainly an issue here in the U.S., with the price of gas (and everything else) climbing higher all the time.  If we can figure out some way to do this that doesn't involve actual financial expenditures, that certainly seems to me to be a more logical solution.

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: 2008 March 15, 22:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, im confused and probably will sound like a bitch lol

is she wanting donations to help her continue to pay for the bloated, unnecessarily expensive forum software she just switched to (and wasted hundreds of dollars on)
or is she wanting donations to help her pay for her hosting with godaddy (or to upgrade it to handle the new forum software)

Like nouk was saying, it seems a bit shady. For two months, all everyone hears is "i dont know whats going on, shes been busy, blah blah blah" now suddenly she needs money, but is asking through you and not posting here herself or explaining what SFV needs donations for.

If its for the forum software, all she has to do is disable it and put up a webpage explaining wtf is going on.
Also, just because phpbb didnt float SFV's boat, doesnt mean other free forum software wont. SMF does everything that ipboard does, and can be modified easily, you dont need to pay hundreds of dollars for a geek to hold your hand with it or install it for you. I dont even know why she moved there. You guys can do the requesting thing on any forum, because the files arent being hosted there. You should even be able to do it on free forum hosting. All you guys have at SFV is threads, barely any attachments. You guys shouldnt be using up all your cpu resources causing godaddy to freak out on you either...

I hope you SFV people are willing (this time around) to ask pescado or someone (hell even me with my limited knowledge) before jumping in and wasting money like last time...not all of us can contribute cash, but we can contribute opinions, experience, etc. And anyone with cash to blow, should wait until they hear real details about what the money will be spent on....
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2008 March 15, 23:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The main reason I was going over to SFV was for the silly games and uptotheminute downloads.

That makes me sound juvinile and impatient, and I am not in denial that I am both.

I miss SFV and hope they get a nice forum. I actually liked their old forum and was never trully comfortable in the layout of the new one.

*chuggs down Rum*

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: