PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 23:40:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SFV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SFV  (Read 154555 times)
Blewfield
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: SFV
« Reply #270 on: 2008 March 07, 21:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for informing us rds, there's a first time for everything and unfortunatelly that also includes problems!
We know you're all working your butt of to get it fixed! We just have to wait... Good luck!

I miss it, too!
Blodeuwedd
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2008 March 08, 02:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no need to appologise RDS, these things do happen, its not your fault hun, SFV will be back when its good and ready, thanks hun for the updates and hope you and the crew are ok, ill be glad when its back I miss my friends more than the downloads, its my home and family, so hope all is well in the near future, love you all,

hugs

Pavs

Same here, hun. I love the place. It's my house!! It's not just a sharing forum.
Gelbarc
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2008 March 09, 14:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

nope, nope. Has absolutely nothing to do w/ the server.  The server is fine, the server is fantastic.  Nothing will be lost, it'll just pop up again near the end of the month. 
[/quote]

Just curious

If it isn't the server it has to be financial or maybe admin/mod problems?

The fish rots from the head down.
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: 2008 March 10, 12:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if the server is fine, why is the site unreachable unless she intentionally took it down?
she just paid a shitload of money to move to that..crap board..i mean ipboard  Cheesy so if it was a forum issue, all she'd have to do is contact them and say 'halp site down' and they'd fix it.
I wonder if her godaddy hosting couldnt handle the new board software?
does anyone know whats really going on? Undecided
« Last Edit: 2008 March 10, 12:22:22 by ws-jessica » Logged
zarah
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2008 March 10, 14:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there's no big drama or tech details to ponder over; sfv will be back when it's back, that's all there is to tell.  yes, it's frustrating that it's been down for so long because it's a social board, almost more than it's a sharing board... if you see some of your sfv friends here or on other boards start pming them and hang out with them in other places for the time being.  if anyone is getting hinky because they aren't getting their downloads fast enough (pmbd is a fair bit slower, yep) then those folks need to just chill the eff out, it's only pixels; you'll survive.  withdrawal's a bitch tho' innit?  Cheesy

(spell check is all well and good; when are they gonna invent grammar check, that's what i want need to know)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 10, 15:01:58 by zarah » Logged
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 2008 March 10, 14:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed, but for another reason. Having withdrawel over PAY crap should be punished with a whipping.

Inactive
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2008 March 10, 16:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there's no big drama or tech details to ponder over; sfv will be back when it's back, that's all there is to tell.  yes, it's frustrating that it's been down for so long because it's a social board, almost more than it's a sharing board... if you see some of your sfv friends here or on other boards start pming them and hang out with them in other places for the time being.  if anyone is getting hinky because they aren't getting their downloads fast enough (pmbd is a fair bit slower, yep) then those folks need to just chill the eff out, it's only pixels; you'll survive.  withdrawal's a bitch tho' innit?  Cheesy

(spell check is all well and good; when are they gonna invent grammar check, that's what i want need to know)

I *think* I agree with the gist of what you are trying to say here. However, try capitalizing the letters at the beginning of sentences - it makes reading your writing a bit easier for the rest of us.  Wink

No offense to those who are having difficulty dealing with SFV being down, (because I would certainly be bummed if PMBD was down for any extended length of time) however, continually whining about it every single day on some other board certainly isn't going to bring it back any sooner. Sheesh, get out and enjoy the sunshine (or whatever) read some other boards and learn something new, etc. Bottom line - put your big girl/boy panties on and stop whining about it.

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
zarah
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2008 March 10, 16:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *think* I agree with the gist of what you are trying to say here.

there isn't anything to agree or disagree with.  this is factoidal - all speculation is useless, and it will be back when it's back.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2008 March 10, 17:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If people want to speculate about something, no matter if you think it's useless, you think you can stop them at a board you don't own? If people want to talk, they will talk. Just saying to avoid some 'dissapointments' on your end. lol.

Inactive
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2008 March 10, 17:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SS - I have a t-shirt that says "Oh, put your big girl panties on and deal with it"  Grin  

Zarah, when you have someone who is agreeing with you, it's really not good form to be a smartass.  Though we don't police grammar here, it would be nice if you would attempt to use proper capitalization.  I think SS was trying to be helpful and she did it in a very nice way.  However, we have had no problem with those who are more frequent posters at SFV, posting here.  Most of you I know pretty well anyway and am glad to see you posting here.  I'm sure whatever the problem is, it will be resolved and I know rds, she's very reliable with providing information as she receives it.

While SFV is down, you'll find that we are a pretty welcoming group.  Join in and enjoy.  We're glad to have you.

ETA:  Noukie  Kiss

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
euterpe
ARR!

Fresh cookies are always necessary!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2008 March 10, 17:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed, but for another reason. Having withdrawel over PAY crap should be punished with a whipping.

Agreed here as well!  I missed PMBD when I was busy with RL last month, but I missed the forum, not the downloads.  I've heard this before and I know now it's true--once you have unlimited access to something you thought you couldn't live without, you discover that you really could live without it, and actually live much happier.  My DL folder is 80-85% free stuff now, and I enjoy the game much more because the quality of the things I have there are so much better.

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2008 March 10, 17:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

person 1: Just shuddup and get over it, not for you to know, nothing to see here, nothing to speculate about
other people: ZOMG TALK TALK TALK SPECULATE TALK TALK GOSSIP TALK TALK
person 1: *facepalm*

It's always like that. Always  Grin

Inactive
zarah
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2008 March 10, 17:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If people want to speculate about something, no matter if you think it's useless, you think you can stop them at a board you don't own? If people want to talk, they will talk. Just saying to avoid some 'dissapointments' on your end. lol.

not trying to stop anyone, just hoping to save the the less insane sfv-ers the trouble of worrying about the whys and wherefores.   the people that love getting frothy will always do that, lol.

armywife - not trying to be a smart ass, was sincerely confused as to what was agreeable or disagreeable, since the only opinion i offered was "bad idea to get frothy", so i tried to condense what i said the first time around.  nice to see you here btw, sort of, lol.  (edited to add:) oh, ok, clearly you don't remember me/who i am over at sfv.  recall that last time everyone over there piled on you, willfully misunderstanding you, reading in a tone to your comments? (common forum sport, world wide, ahem)  that was me who pulled the pile-on off, lol.  got a carrot for the bunneh? 
« Last Edit: 2008 March 10, 18:05:33 by zarah » Logged
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2008 March 10, 18:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zarah,

It is hard to read your posts without capitalization. I'm not a grammar nazi or anything, but it really would help if you would type more legibly. You're obviously smart and articulate enough.
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2008 March 10, 18:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

snip ..
armywife - not trying to be a smart ass, was sincerely confused as to what was agreeable or disagreeable, since the only opinion i offered was "bad idea to get frothy", so i tried to condense what i said the first time around.

I didn't realize I was limited to agreeing with statements containing only opinion. Interesting. My bad.  Roll Eyes

And whether or not you're "not trying to be a smart ass" you sure are coming across that way.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 10, 22:41:07 by SmilingSweetly » Logged

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: