PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 23:44:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101788 times)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #150 on: 2006 November 06, 16:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, what kind of viruses can "completely destroy a computer"?

OMG she's going to send a bomb through the tubes!

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #151 on: 2006 November 06, 16:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
By the way, what kind of viruses can "completely destroy a computer"?

There's a few tricks you can try, like forcing excessive mechanical wear or wiping the BIOS, but none of those can be assured of "completely destroying" a computer. The only kind of hacking I've ever heard of that can do that kind of damage involves an axe.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Immy
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #152 on: 2006 November 06, 17:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, I did that to a TV a few days ago. Except it was with a maul. *Nod nod*

Now can I say I've hacked a TV?

arr! I want the booby... I mean booty!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #153 on: 2006 November 06, 17:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, that's more...mauling...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Moose
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #154 on: 2006 November 06, 17:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/1021458.html

:shock:
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #155 on: 2006 November 06, 17:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just re-reading that...most amused. Cheesy

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #156 on: 2006 November 06, 17:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Moose"

OH-HO-HO-HO!! Hi Fandom Wank, I'm getting to be a regular  Tongue

My lord, HChangeri is batshit insane isn't she? I have a MH issue involving anxiety and I can't even sympathize with her totally fucked up rant. Hey HChangeri, you do realize that even if your "black hat" was successful in virusizing the site that you'd be hurting normal Sims players like yourself, right? Yup. Moms, dads, kids, all of them DESERVE TO GO DOWN IN FLAMING DEATH because they took your donation set. How very mature of you, why we should all solve our problems by hurting tons of innocents.. it worked for Osama, right?

Seriously, she makes me sick now. Please for the love of humanity, someone shut off this woman's computer!

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
Batelle
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #157 on: 2006 November 06, 20:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My lord, HChangeri is batshit insane isn't she? I have a MH issue involving anxiety and I can't even sympathize with her totally fucked up rant. Hey HChangeri, you do realize that even if your "black hat" was successful in virusizing the site that you'd be hurting normal Sims players like yourself, right? Yup. Moms, dads, kids, all of them DESERVE TO GO DOWN IN FLAMING DEATH because they took your donation set. How very mature of you, why we should all solve our problems by hurting tons of innocents.. it worked for Osama, right?

That's the thing, it's hard to act like you're on the high road when you have the evil glint of revenge-lust in your eyes.  I really despise "I'm not happy so EVERYONE ELSE MUST SUFFER" types, and she is pretty much a case study right now.  She also seems like a first-rate hag.
Absolute
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #158 on: 2006 November 06, 20:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think shes a ass, and based on how she portrays herself, as some immature nut case. I wouldn't down loaded anything from her even if I liked her crap.. She needs to realize her shit isn't that bloody special.

quot;Well let me give you a quote from Colonel Sanders...."I am too drunk to taste this chicken.""
The ISZ
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #159 on: 2006 November 06, 20:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked her site again and she has already taken all of her crap down and put up an extremely lame background.  

Bwahahahahaha.  :lol:

o man is totally useless — he can always serve as a bad example.
Paysites Will Be Defeated!
Retail Sims
« Reply #160 on: 2006 November 06, 20:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heehee. Intellectual pseuds are funny!

HChangeri seemed to be very cheerful about sharing everything she made with the community back when she started doing so last year. I'd be willing to bet... *checks pockets* 3 euros that as she got more praise, she got more greedy about her things. I think I sense a case of 'size 12 ego in a size 2 brain.'
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #161 on: 2006 November 06, 20:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least she's pulled that ridiculous 'I'm gonna make things and post pics but you can't have them so HA' policy of hers...or at least, isn't showing the pics...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
chestylarue
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #162 on: 2006 November 06, 23:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BatshittyHChangeri
this protest removal of work is confined, at the moment, to my Sims 2 fansite.  Just imagine if the captains of industry and the geniuses of this world decided to tell the "average" and "below average" people of the world to fuck off.  I'm counting the minutes until Atlas Shrugs.

I found her tirade quite amusing until I got to the final paragraph when it became all to clear this chick is completely fucking insane!  I'm baffled at her comparing herself to a genius,  was I fucking drunk the day she cured AIDS?  Is she actually calling everyone "average and below"?   This crazy bitch makes objects for a game!      Too bad I'm not a balck hatter.  :roll:
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #163 on: 2006 November 06, 23:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  Pescado, you've disappointed an entire community who thought you were above all this.  Little do they know you are the mastermind of evil, nefarious plots like this.

This was posted on SimBella's and sent to me by PM.  I am not a member there, nor do I wish to be, so if anyone is and wants to post updates to this thread, that would be awesome.  Or you can send it to me and I will.

Forum Index - Sims 2 Fever / Sims 2: General Yap / Topic: Retail Sims Closing  
lmhwjs
Sweet and naughty sidekick, Book savouring recolour addict, Hangout Hostess Nightworker Goddess Hummerling Sims Stuff Finding Fairy Nighthawk Waffle

9779 posts
Ecological Guru
Crew member

Posted by lmhwjs on: Nov, 6 2006 0:34 AM
As posted on their website:

It was recently brought to my attention that a group of individuals have decided they have ultimate authority over all sims creators and web site owners. This group has decided that anyone who creates content for The Sims 2 must distribute 100% of their content freely and failure to comply with this rule will result in "punishment." Those who run websites that are subscription based or that offer donation sets (like I do) will and have had their content purchased and then redistributed freely by this group. They distribute these files on a website hosted in a country known for fraudulent and criminal websites and that is outside US and EU laws. These second-raters have not only stolen my donation sets but have stolen the content of nearly every paysite in existence. The leader of the group told me that I should be more than willing to shell out my personal money for bandwidth (which he contents costs only $8 per month) and all other expenses related to object creation and distribution. Failing that he will continue to steal and redistribute any content I or anyone else attempts to charge for. My first reaction was the take my site to a 100% subscription format but then I would be subject to the arbitrary "punishment" of this group - unless I charge a very high subscription fee in which case my files would safe but no one would be willing to pay the fee I would have to charge to ensure their safety. I did not start my own site to get rich or even supplement my income, that's why 99.9% of my content is free. However, I will not have this group force me to do anything against my will and I will not play by their ridiculous rules.

What this group evidently doesn't have the mentality to grasp is that there is a third option which I am going to exercise - I will merely pull a John Galt. I am under no obligation to share anything I create with anyone. I will NOT have a group of low-life second-raters dictate the terms under which I can distribute what is MY WORK, MY EFFORT, and MY CREATIVITY nor will I allow them to dictate how I choose to spend or not spend MY MONEY. To this end, the contents of this website will be available only until December 1. After that point ALL sets will be permanently removed. I will delete all of my content from MTS2 and TSR. I will not allow these people, or anyone like them, to hold my work or my website hostage. I will continue to post pictures of my creations as I have no intention of halting all object creation on my end - I just will refuse any and all requests to share what I create. I cannot trust that *anyone* out there is not apart of this group so I have assume that everyone is. There is nothing more infuriating than to think that I may have sent a thank-you note to someone who donated only so they could steal my files.

Creating for The Sims 2 was and is a hobby I enjoy and I will continue to create as I have done for over a year now. I will make my meshes available on TurboSquid.com. They will NOT be free or even cheap. They will not be merged, sized, placed, UV Mapped or textured, for The Sims 2. They will come with a requisite EULA agreement limiting the manner in which they are used and disseminated.

If you are a site owner and/or content creator I highly recommend the same course of action. Ignoring these people is the same as agreeing to abide by their rules. I am not willing to do this.

No one is entitled to anything in this world and nothing is free either.

http://www.retailsims.com/index.htm

That is so sad to me, and what kind of asshole runs that other site? I'd gladly do some harm to him/her especially if other sites follow this lead.

aa93
The one and only big fat waffle!

2502 posts
Counter Intelligence
Mood: Feels so graphichy!
Posted by aa93 on: Nov, 6 2006 0:36 AM
Oh no! One of my favourite sites closing again! Those darn people!

pam259
2987 posts
Vice Squard
Senior member Posted by pam259 on: Nov, 6 2006 0:42 AM
What a dang shame..too bad we couldnt boycott that group somehow.. Its really sad though to think that they have taken so much pleasure away from so many..

Wendy1981
Body Protection Wearing, Supersonic Sender, Blabbermouth Premium Forum Terrorist Speedy Danoontje Powerrrrr Hangout Hostess Sweet & Sexy Chica Waffle

43653 posts
Professional Party Guest
Crew member
Mood: so happy!!
Posted by Wendy1981 on: Nov, 6 2006 0:43 AM
This is a sad day
Those damn thieves

lmhwjs
Sweet and naughty sidekick, Book savouring recolour addict, Hangout Hostess Nightworker Goddess Hummerling Sims Stuff Finding Fairy Nighthawk Waffle

9779 posts
Ecological Guru
Crew member

Posted by lmhwjs on: Nov, 6 2006 0:50 AM
Edit: I regret writing what I originally wrote as I did it when I was angry, and I really don't want it to be made worse.Edited 06-11-2006 07:14:39 by lmhwjs

Wendy1981
Body Protection Wearing, Supersonic Sender, Blabbermouth Premium Forum Terrorist Speedy Danoontje Powerrrrr Hangout Hostess Sweet & Sexy Chica Waffle

43653 posts
Professional Party Guest
Crew member
Posted by Wendy1981 on: Nov, 6 2006 0:57 AM
I would help you do that Laura I wish we could have them pay a huuuuuge fine too

jenny
Big Sky Waffle

3987 posts
Rogue Botanist

Posted by jenny on: Nov, 6 2006 0:12 AM
its horrible, and very sad......I just don't understand people

Sunflowerl
Sweet as Summer`s Gold Sunflowa Powa Moma Waffle

5441 posts
Surgeon
Mood: Tired as always... *yawn*
Posted by Sunflowerl on: Nov, 6 2006 0:22 AM
What terrible news. I hate thieves.

Edited 06-11-2006 22:03:38 by Sunflowerl

Micha
Tasteful Waffle

979 posts
Nurse
Mood: a bit better
Posted by Micha on: Nov, 6 2006 0:47 AM
Thats so sad

Micha

Sim2fun
154 posts
Emergency Room Tech
Mood: Creative Posted by Sim2fun on: Nov, 6 2006 0:26 AM
what is wrong with people that is so crazy i can't believe people steal and then act like its ok I am glad I don't know who these people are I would hate to be associated with such low people. I am sorry to hear this site is closing what a shame and probably other sites will too because of these jerks.

Lizi
A loving & caring sister to all, and one who`s always searching for kitty kisses & lovin`s

1321 posts
Hypnotist
Mood: Happy Posted by Lizi on: Nov, 6 2006 0:53 AM
I wish there was something we could do about this!

littleturtle74

627 posts
Convience Store Clerk

Posted by littleturtle74 on: Nov, 6 2006 0:08 AM
I get so when I read about people stealing artists work because they feel it's their duty. I'd love nothing more than to find these people in an alley and practice my on them. I really did enjoy Retail Sims and I'm sorry to see them go. I hope these asshats are happy now.

sharon

2577 posts
Citizen
Senior member Posted by sharon on: Nov, 6 2006 1:08 AM
lmhwjs wrote:
You know, this makes me wish I was a hacker, I would screw up that website so bad, I would fry those people's computers with so many bugs their harddrives would blow up, I don't care if that's not possible, I'd like to make it that way!

You do realize that deliberately infecting someone's computer with a virus is a Federal offense and there are international laws as well. Not to mention that you would be one of those "losers without a life" as so many here have called hackers who hack into other sims sites - but I guess it's ok if you do it

I don't know who "this group" is and nor do I care, but the response from the webmistress is way out of wack. Yep, I can understand being upset about this but, come on, leave the drama to daytime tv. Her actions don't make much sense to me and what she wants other website to do is just dumb. Do you remember her first donation? I do, she made a Krispy Kreme store which had to be a copyright violation aka stolen brand name franchise -- but again that's ok, no one blinked an eye over that...well, except Krispy Kreme.

So, here's the lesson of the day. It's ok for sim creators to stomp all over copyrights as long as its for the good of the game -- go ahead splash that Baby Phat logo all over your clothing, make celeberaties and post their likeness without their permission, make meshes of car makes and models and put them in the game -- but if someone shares, recolors or clones a mesh of a sims creator they are the worst thing to hit the earth since the Black Plague. Am I the only one that thinks this is a double standard?

Edited 06-11-2006 05:09:56 by sharon

Kristin
Wall Covered, World Saving Superhero, Ass Stealing, Keeper of the Gifts, SuperAdmin Going For Big Boss Booboo Now Co-Owner, Sexy Ass-Kicker, Evil Plotting, I Am Not Anyones Honey Hon Waffle

56633 posts
Captain Hero
Crew member
Mood: Stumped!
Posted by Kristin on: Nov, 6 2006 1:46 AM
sharon wrote:
[...]

You do realize that deliberately infecting someone's computer with a virus is a Federal offense and there are international laws as well. Not to mention that you would be one of those "losers without a life" as so many here have called hackers who hack into other sims sites - but I guess it's ok if you do it

I don't know who "this group" is and nor do I care, but the response from the webmistress is way out of wack. Yep, I can understand being upset about this but, come on, leave the drama to daytime tv. Her actions don't make much sense to me and what she wants other website to do is just dumb. Do you remember her first donation? I do, she made a Krispy Kreme store which had to be a copyright violation aka stolen brand name franchise -- but again that's ok, no one blinked an eye over that...well, except Krispy Kreme.

So, here's the lesson of the day. It's ok for sim creators to stomp all over copyrights as long as its for the good of the game -- go ahead splash that Baby Phat logo all over your clothing, make celeberaties and post their likeness without their permission, make meshes of car makes and models and put them in the game -- but if someone shares, recolors or clones a mesh of a sims creator they are the worst thing to hit the earth since the Black Plague. Am I the only one that thinks this is a double standard?

Sharon you are right that its not right to use the logos/products that are copyrighted by their respective companies and Retail Sims is not entirely innocent.

lmhwjs

9779 posts
Ecological Guru
Crew member

Posted by lmhwjs on: Nov, 6 2006 1:23 AM
I wasn't saying that it would be okay to hack into a site, let me just say that I'm not a hacker and wouldn't know the first thing about it, second I don't even know the site that is discussed, only that it exists, but I wouldn't know where to find it.
I regret posting what I did, and have deleted it, I wrote it when I was angry, and it was a mistake. I wish I could take that back.

I agree about the logo's products, especially if it's on a pay site, but if it's free - it's free publicity.
Retail Sims may not be entirely innocent, but it isn't up to this group of theives to see that their brand of 'justice' is done, leave it to Krispy Kreme, IF it upsets them, at the same time, who gave these theives 'rights' to give away donation sets, demand that site owners do away with donation sets to help cover their own bandwidth, and if they don't are 'punished'?Edited 06-11-2006 07:25:33 by lmhwjs

patchwork3930
Midnight Oasis Patch-a-madoodle Fairy

4903 posts
Police Psychic

Posted by patchwork3930 on: Nov, 6 2006 1:26 AM
It's alright Laura, I understood that you said that out of frustration. I'm sure others did too.

lmhwjs

9779 posts
Ecological Guru
Crew member

Posted by lmhwjs on: Nov, 6 2006 1:03 AM
Thank you Patch

insein_gurl

1088 posts
Record Store Clerk
Mood: ecstatic
Posted by insein_gurl on: Nov, 6 2006 1:11 AM
wow that seems like ALOT of drama! thats too bad about her closing her site down, though. So basically she has to close her site or they are going to hack it? and they wanted her to pay them? im kinda confused about all that. oh well.

An_na

693 posts
Convience Store Clerk
Senior member Posted by An_na on: Nov, 6 2006 1:57 AM
insein_gurl wrote:
wow that seems like ALOT of drama! thats too bad about her closing her site down, though. So basically she has to close her site or they are going to hack it? and they wanted her to pay them? im kinda confused about all that. oh well.

No, nobody threathened to hack her site or wanted her to pay or anything. She got pissed because somebody paid for her so called donation stuff and then shared it with their friends.

Oh, the drama indeed.

Wendy1981

43653 posts
Professional Party Guest
Crew member
Posted by Wendy1981 on: Nov, 6 2006 1:02 AM
well I think it's a little more than that, if the site she is talking about is the one I think it is, then from what I've heard it's a huuuge site, and it has almost every donation set and maybe even gifts from here on there, free for download for everyone. I have seen that they have been drawing attention to their site by posting messages on forums and guestbooks. Everyone that comes there can see the url to the site and go there and download everything.
I have to say that I agree with some things owner of Retail Sims wrote. Like this: "a group of individuals have decided they have ultimate authority over all sims creators and web site owners. This group has decided that anyone who creates content for The Sims 2 must distribute 100% of their content freely and failure to comply with this rule will result in "punishment."
It is still stealing and I hate those thieves They do damage to the community and creators.Edited 06-11-2006 09:02:37 by Wendy1981

pam259
2987 posts
Vice Squard
Senior member Posted by pam259 on: Nov, 6 2006 1:31 AM
Something this evil group should consider is that if they keep giving away everyone elses donation goodies, the creators are going to stop making the items...the creators stop, the group doesnt have new things to give away...they are no good with out everyones donation sets...the vicious cycle..

As I read in another post that it is perfectly legal in their country, it is not legal here..So are they not guilty of something??

Laura..I totally understand your grief..I think Sharon was pointing out the facts of hacking..possibly afraid you were actually going to do something.. We all say things we would like to do but actually have no intention of ever doing.

Retail Sims has put out so many great items, the Krispy Kreme thing..may that of been an innocent mistake..later to pay for??

Dorien
Nipple Penny

614 posts
Bookie
Mood: Urgh, Yuck, Blčh, Whatever!!!
Posted by Dorien on: Nov, 6 2006 1:51 AM
I'm really very sorry retail sims is closing down because I think she made some really unique and well made content but the tone of that rant on her site doesn't sit well with me at all. I mean, I completely understand she is hurt and mad (been there, done that) and she has every right to be, but I find her rant to be condisending and rude to the entire community, not just to JM Pescado and the other assholes who are doing this to her and other donation and paysite owners.

Thieves have been around since the first sites became pay and they will always be there, just as there are shoplifters. I decided a long time ago not to let it get to me anymore because it stressed me out so bad a few years ago that it actually made me physically ill, and those thieves are simply not worth it. But I really believe that 95% of the people in this community are honest people who don't want anything to do with these thief sites anymore then I do and those are the people I create my stuff for.

I am a strong believer in Karma and I'm sure Karma is coming to bite mr. JM Pescado firmly in the ass eventually.

Ninika
Pippi Longstocking Split-Personality Paranoid Spencer Devotee Doomish Gollemish FAwaffleIRY

4963 posts
Cat Burglar
Mood: Looking for someone!
Posted by Ninika on: Nov, 6 2006 1:08 AM
You mean Pescado from MATY?!
Wow, I never thought that from him, I'm dissapointed
I'm very sorry that Retail Sims is closing, but I don't think that it would change a bit, you just make them happy.
But I can understand that they don't want to conintue

kikkert1
Triple Pink Naughty - Boys lovin` - Chasing The Holy Lightbulb, Preferably With A Whip * And Wants A Long Title This Time (sigh) * Troublemaking wannabe Tammara Yappediyapyap `I want that to!!` Pink Doodoo Sweet Mommy Waffle

3158 posts
Art Forger
Mood: stalking Mira
Posted by kikkert1 on: Nov, 6 2006 1:33 AM
I really don't understand why she is closing, this is exactly what they want They want to see every paysite down, well, they have one down already now I know the address of that site, and I have to admit that I took a look there to see what was going on But that doesn't mean I'm not going to take donationsets anymore, I want to do it the honest and fun way. It's not fun if you can download all sets at once,I think it's more fun to choose and think about it, before you actually get the goods. So, I think the other site will get a lot of downloaders, but not the ones that donated before

juulke30
Banoffee Addict Crazy Animal Loving Doesnīt Know When To Shut Up Waffle

2699 posts
Medium
Mood: hormonal
Posted by juulke30 on: Nov, 6 2006 1:06 AM
a while back I got a email from a site like this, I donīt know if itīs the same one as this one youīre talking about. The email said They offered free dl from paysites. I didnīt know what that was, but Wendy explained it to me. Now Iīm glad I didnīt do anything with it.

aa93
The one and only big fat waffle!

2502 posts
Counter Intelligence
Mood: Feels so graphichy!
Posted by aa93 on: Nov, 6 2006 1:42 AM
I thought of it for a while though, and found why they had thought about paysites like this. I play Need For Speed too, and that most Need For Speed sites have downloadable vehicles, just like Sims 2 where there is custom content. And most sites are forums. They don't offer donation vehicles, nor do they have Paypal buttons on their pages. This means that you don't need to donate to get something, or even donate to the site owner. I think that this might set Pescado thinking "Why should we pay for custom content for Sims 2 when we no need to fork out a cent when getting Need For Speed stuff?" hence, he did such a thing.

Of course, I am against sharing donation files Edited 06-11-2006 13:46:54 by aa93

poisonsilvi
Deadly Nightshade Crazy Bestess now updating myself Java Jiving, Mira`s sister in crime Waffle

21715 posts
Visionary
Mood: ...
Posted by poisonsilvi on: Nov, 6 2006 1:47 AM
Dorien wrote:
I'm really very sorry retail sims is closing down because I think she made some really unique and well made content but the tone of that rant on her site doesn't sit well with me at all. I mean, I completely understand she is hurt and mad (been there, done that) and she has every right to be, but I find her rant to be condisending and rude to the entire community, not just to JM Pescado and the other assholes who are doing this to her and other donation and paysite owners.

Thieves have been around since the first sites became pay and they will always be there, just as there are shoplifters. I decided a long time ago not to let it get to me anymore because it stressed me out so bad a few years ago that it actually made me physically ill, and those thieves are simply not worth it. But I really believe that 95% of the people in this community are honest people who don't want anything to do with these thief sites anymore then I do and those are the people I create my stuff for.

I am a strong believer in Karma and I'm sure Karma is coming to bite mr. JM Pescado firmly in the ass eventually.

I agree to that 100 % - very well said Dorien !

littleturtle74

627 posts
Convience Store Clerk

Posted by littleturtle74 on: Nov, 6 2006 1:48 AM
I went back to the site today to re-read what the creator wrote about Pescado and I don't remember the part about the blackhats being there last night. Although I am sad about the site closing, I think that she stepped over the line. I've never seen the thief site that's been referenced, but I'm thinking that's a good thing.

droylynn
Bangers & Mash Waffle (with a slight plant fetish)

9237 posts
Freelance Web Designer
Mood: It's hibernation time Posted by droylynn on: Nov, 6 2006 2:14 AM
Shoot and another bites the dust because of thieves

kikkert1
Triple Pink Naughty - Boys lovin` - Chasing The Holy Lightbulb, Preferably With A Whip * And Wants A Long Title This Time (sigh) * Troublemaking wannabe Tammara Yappediyapyap `I want that to!!` Pink Doodoo Sweet Mommy Waffle

3158 posts
Art Forger
Posted by kikkert1 on: Nov, 6 2006 2:43 AM
I hope not all creators feel this way

blupoet
I`m a big dreaming, Goal-setting, Over Analyzer of movies, Lover of all things pure and natural, Sometime-y Poetess who wishes she could write like Nikki Giovanni, Loc Rockin`, Don`t-Take-My-Kindness-For-Weakness, Mango Lemonade Addicted Kind Of Girl

1827 posts
Celebrity Chef
Crew member
Mood: ** Anxious ** Posted by blupoet on: Nov, 6 2006 2:15 AM
Wow. That's all I can say.

jenny
Big Sky Waffle

3987 posts
Rogue Botanist

Posted by jenny on: Nov, 6 2006 2:20 AM
Dorien wrote:

I agree Dorien, and I guess i didn't read it in its entirely, But I am a little upset about JM, I had no idea and that bums me out

BellaWaffle
The Ghost of Boo Boo BIG BOSS Banner of Moderators Super Cool *Spoink* Mature Serious Intelligent Awesome Miraculous Porto-Guzzling Babe Snagger of Sexy Assed Man pictures Bellamonster Waffle

52683 posts
Professional Party Guest
Crew member
Mood: spoinkie
Posted by BellaWaffle on: Nov, 6 2006 2:21 AM
No I don't feel that way Kikkert

I totaly agree with what Dorien said. Stop creating is not the solution to this problem. I also firmly believe that a lot of people are honest and nice and that there's only a minority of the people that act that way. Just ignore them and ban those who get busted ... that's all we can actualy do.

*Melissa*
Debating Decor Artiste Waffle

15073 posts
Visionary
Mood: !*&@# video card! Posted by *Melissa* on: Nov, 6 2006 2:36 AM
I have wasted so much time and energy on people like this. If all our wonderful creators stopped creating, we would not have a community. I find it laughable they feel they are doing the community a service by stealing people's creations and claiming they are doing nothing wrong.

Let the trash stay in the landfill where it belongs. I know I will continue to donate and support the creators who have invested so much of their time, energy, and creativity. I applaud those who can look the other way because these are truly the ones who walk away the better person in the end.

sullimix
The Rockin Granny Waffle!

3245 posts
Bank Robber
Mood: Coffee Time
Posted by sullimix on: Nov, 6 2006 2:58 AM
Wow I can't believe this what a shame!

Melissa Very well said! Doren I agree totally with assbittin and all!

kikkert1

3158 posts
Art Forger
Posted by kikkert1 on: Nov, 7 2006 0:01 AM
I'm glad you keep on creating Bella And now that I finally can donate, I will continue to do so

mar1nka

478 posts
Gas Station Attendant
Senior member Posted by mar1nka on: Nov, 7 2006 0:45 AM
I don't have a lot of extra money, but that doesn't mean it's ok to steal. I have to agree with the comments about the corporate theft, however.

I personally feel that an organization, like Krispy Creme, would be stupid to go after Retail Sims, because in effect, they are getting free product placement. (If they were smart, they'd hire really talented people to make meshes / textures and distribute them freely to promote their brand.)

That being said, using any logo without permission is a copyright violation. So it's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

I just went to the RS site, and everything is gone. Such a shame.

Tanjam
Emo loving, self admiring, boobie fearing,drunken singing, table dancing, spammer, paranoid protector of titles, pain in the ass, and all that jazz riding on a pony, Ken in the Actionmen box waffle

3501 posts
Supporting Player
Mood: looking good.
Posted by Tanjam on: Nov, 7 2006 0:45 AM
this makes me sick.
no-one can be trusted. I was asked to join this group I let the people that needed to know about this. It's just wrong how some can betray others like that.

As for the people that offering this gifts to share, are they not aware they are being used by soul less idiots. It's a sad day for the internet.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #164 on: 2006 November 06, 23:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something this evil group should consider is that if they keep giving away everyone elses donation goodies, the creators are going to stop making the items...the creators stop, the group doesnt have new things to give away...they are no good with out everyones donation sets...the vicious cycle..

It amuses me that that person thinks, I dunno, that Pescado's doing this for the attention, or to et more members for his EZboard so he can rise in the Topsites, or something childish...

And it's really starting to annoy me, the way everyone keep saying STEAL, and SHOPLIFT, and THIEVES...if they engaged their brains, just once, and bothered finding out what the fuck they were talking about...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: