PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 11:27:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  But... no comments on this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: But... no comments on this?  (Read 26585 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
But... no comments on this?
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 22, 02:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karma, paysites may die, but piracy is forever.

Welcome.

Arrr.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 22, 02:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "KarmaPirate"
I signed up just so I could be a pirate.  I always show up at the LAST minute.   I hope this doesn't mean we can't be pirates anymore.  :cry:

On the upside, I hope Thomas gets a chunk chewed out of his big floppy man-ass.  Cool

ROTF floppy man-ass
*dies from laughing* :lol:

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
KarmaPirate
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 22, 02:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long live Piracy!
MoonDragon
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 22, 03:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any evidence of this being a legitimate communication from EA?  (I tried registering for SFV but I'm still waiting for the confirmation.)  I'm all set to celebrate this news but it could just as easily be a fabrication.
Smonaff
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 22, 04:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would be really cool is if EA made all the paysites pay back all the money they've made.  Cool
Tokeitsmokeit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 22, 05:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hell yes. Damn I missed a lot today. But that is freaking fantastic, and yes Nouk I agree on the "thriller" ending. Hell yeah.

Edited to include respnse to KarmaPirate: No we still get to be pirates, I don't think EA will go after them right away. Maybe they are hoping to just get the message out. Being a pirate is still greater than ever at a time like this. Arrrr!!

To Sherrie_Sim: Nice! My husband plays the new Command and Conquer, his gametag is Somthinsfishy if you have ever seen him. He plays Lost Planet a lot too. Not that you give a shit, :lol: , just thought it was kinda cool and wanted to comment.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 22, 05:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MoonDragon"
Is there any evidence of this being a legitimate communication from EA?  (I tried registering for SFV but I'm still waiting for the confirmation.)  I'm all set to celebrate this news but it could just as easily be a fabrication.

Uhm yes? But it's all actually none which I'm gonna rub under your face. It's kept secret for some reason...as in "I don't know why we (the AA) couldn't just STFU until everything is sure". I don't like spreading the word without having any action from EA first.

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
pas
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 22, 05:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please if you doubt what i have written then contact EA yourself! Like i have said the only thing that has been edited was my name from that letter, that's all!  Why would i fabricate something like that?
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 22, 06:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pas"

Please if you doubt what i have written then contact EA yourself! Like i have said the only thing that has been edited was my name from that letter, that's all!  Why would i fabricate something like that?

IAWTC. I'm sorry, why would we do that, including making a large list of all paysites, just to send it EA even when they don't care. It doesn't make sense. So you won't find anything on SFV.

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 22, 06:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "darkangel"

Uhm yes? But it's all actually none which I'm gonna rub under your face. It's kept secret for some reason...as in "I don't know why we (the AA) couldn't just STFU until everything is sure". I don't like spreading the word without having any action from EA first.

Why does it have to be kept secret?  It should all be out in the open so everyone knows what's going on.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 22, 07:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, is TSR US-based?  Because if so, I imagine once EA does the math (and they get serious about the problem) they'll be the first slapped with a Cease and Desist letter, while sites like Peggy and Rose could be tougher.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 22, 07:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, it only needs EA to declare that certain named sites (eg) Peggy, Rose are in contravention of the EULA, and then I think large numbers of players that up till now have been anti-sharing will change sides, at least in respect of those named sites.   So even if EA do not find it useful to actually start legal action against sites, it won't harm them to name and shame certain ones.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 22, 07:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
Thing is, it only needs EA to declare that certain named sites (eg) Peggy, Rose are in contravention of the EULA, and then I think large numbers of players that up till now have been anti-sharing will change sides, at least in respect of those named sites.   So even if EA do not find it useful to actually start legal action against sites, it won't harm them to name and shame certain ones.

Exactly! Most people buy that crap they spew about EA not caring about all the money they make.

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
bayrou
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 22, 09:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you really believe that EA will sue paysites ?? are you dumbs or what?!

Paysites are much more profitable to EA than you think! Fansites give more success to their game.. if players have to play only with original content of the game it wouldn’t be so popular!

And this is much true for paysites.. you can say what you want on them but you must admit that their custom content improves a lot the game.. people continue to play the sims 2 and continue to buy add on and other stuff... if EA was against paysites do you really think that they would wait your letter to do something  :roll:

paysites are doing money with EA, EA is doing money with paysites and everyone is happy!
blahblahblah
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 22, 09:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but free sites MTS2 produce the same effect without breaking the law although I do agree that they have paysites on their fan listing so they must have known what was going on :evil:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: