PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 23:15:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 599859 times)
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #1515 on: 2008 August 18, 01:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i remember a game where one would flick a coin at your knuckles, got a fair amount of scars on my hands from that game lol. i cant remember what its called tho.

Bloody Knuckles. Never did care for that.

ah yes, thanks for that.
at the time it was a great great, now, looking back, its just stupid lol,

i remember bulldog too!!
Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: 2008 August 18, 02:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I LOVE Kinder Eggs!

When me and my family went to Germany when I was young (we first went to Poland to visit some relatives, then we drove to Berlin) I remember getting those kinder eggs, and I loved the little surpises that came with them... I remember I got this little gnome guy with a sausage  Cheesy
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: 2008 August 18, 03:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Kinder chocolate. I had some of those Gnomes when I was a kid too. Smiley
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 2008 August 18, 03:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Kinder chocolate too. It my favorite commercial chocolate to eat, oh and that Dark Ghana chocolate from that New Zeland company that makes Peanut Slabs ( I forgot the name)  soooo tasty! 72% cocoa! Tongue

I didn't mind the scary Humpty Dumpty Kinder commercial, but I couldn't for the life of me understand what he was saying :/

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 2008 August 18, 09:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a link to the Humpty Dumpty commercial someplace here, but I won't post it to spare everyone. That thing is disturbing to the point of being hilarious. Cheesy
The only thing he said in that ad that I could understand was "Chocodoobee TOY!!!!"

TapThatBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 2008 August 18, 15:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i didnt give him the chance to speak, i just saw puppet and went, eagh! and had to close the window down.

does anyone remember them brass solders you used to get? you would get different ones from different eras? like romans, and japanease and what not? i had tonnes of them.
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 2008 August 18, 16:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me and my brother used to quote that damn ad to each other when we were kids. We found it funny.

But then me and my brother were/are strange.  Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 2008 August 18, 16:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I now feel officially deprived because I'd never heard of the damn things before this thread. Does anyone remember the glass ball clackers?

They were two coloured glass balls. one on each end of the cord with a plastic ring in the center. The thing was to bounce them gently so that they bounced off each other and made that click-clack noise so dear to kids. Thing was, kids started doing with those what some of you described as the conkers and the glass shards would fly. Maybe that's why they got banned. This was, of course, in the late sixties/early seventies.

They came in all different sizes and colours, and to me they looked like giant marbles on a string. My dearest wish as a small kid was to have a pair, just so I could hang them in front of a window and watch the sun shine through them. My grandparents promised me a set when they went to Disney in Florida, but my mom promised to disown them if they did. For some reason, she figured that my older sister Gwen would filch them for a battle against her best friend. She was right too, because the brat threw a fit when I got a Mickey Mouse pendant instead. Go fig.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
nihil
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 2008 August 18, 17:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I remember clackers!  I also remember repeatedly whacking my fingers (and other things) while trying to get the hang of the damn things!
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 2008 August 18, 20:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember having plastic clackers I used to be pretty good at getting it to go the way I wanted to, too.

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
TapThatBooty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: 2008 August 18, 21:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember having plastic clackers I used to be pretty good at getting it to go the way I wanted to, too.

i remember the plastic clackers, they were fun. when i first got them i wasnt sure how they worked, so i just shook my hand around and watched them spin, til my next door neighbout kindly showed me the error of my ways lol.
River
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 2008 August 19, 03:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was pretty good with those clackers. I could get it to clack up and down rapidly indefinately. I would walk down the street doing that, and all theother kids were like, ooohh!!   Lol...my one claim to fame as a kid. hehe.

"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C. Clarke 

See my Dragon babies HERE!
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 2008 August 19, 19:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clackers were great!!  Where I was from, we called them "Ker-Knockers" or "Ka-Nockers" depending on how much of an accent you had.  We would take them to school to play with during milk and ice cream break.  Can't count how many times I busted my hand or forearm with those things.  The glass clackers were actually acrylic (I had a green pair) were only sold about a year because of the dangers.  My younger sister had to settle for a plastic pair...hahaha...she was a brat then anyway.  They just didn't have the same sound.  For those too young to know what they were:

Here and Here

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 2008 August 19, 20:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the plastic toys that were similar? It was a long stick/handle with a central spoke. Off the spoke on both sides were a plastic triangle that ended in a big plastic ball. You used to move the handle up and down to make the balls clack against each other over and over, or you could flip them around the central spoke and make it look like the ball's color was changing. I don't remember what those were called, but I loved them.

Yae and Sae; the original Olsen twins.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 2008 August 20, 01:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the plastic toys that were similar? It was a long stick/handle with a central spoke. Off the spoke on both sides were a plastic triangle that ended in a big plastic ball. You used to move the handle up and down to make the balls clack against each other over and over, or you could flip them around the central spoke and make it look like the ball's color was changing. I don't remember what those were called, but I loved them.

I used to have one of those. I used to drive my mother mental with my contanst clacking around the house. Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: