PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 05:24:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Who Put This There?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who Put This There?  (Read 48169 times)
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 25, 21:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"

Anyhoo... I have a blog, too. I am not particularly interested in any of you reading it, but for the sake of argument, here's me and my entire family.

Aww, I think you're so pretty! Are you from Denmark? (I think I saw it on someone's sweater there.) DENMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!

I wrote this on someone's blog a few days ago: "There are so many body issues in this world. I wish we could all be blobs and blob around with blobby goodness."
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 25, 21:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was talking to a friend on MSN today and I was ranting about my fat thighs (just because I could care less about interweb pplz and their opinion it doesn't mean I'm not human) and he sent me:

THIS!!!

You gotta love their new campaign.

ETA:
Quote from: "Electricstatic"
Aww, I think you're so pretty! Are you from Denmark? (I think I saw it on someone's sweater there.) DENMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!

Aww *blush* But yep, 100% Danish (pun intended)

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 25, 22:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what a lot of people are laughing at is lyric. I'm certainly laughing and feel no regrets since she is so ugly on the inside Smiley

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 25, 22:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My friends and I tease each other about weight all the time.  I tend to get anorexic--I had a friend who has a thyroid problem, but hers was keeping/making her small.  The top of her head reached my collarbone, give or take an inch, and I don't think she's over 100 pounds.  The joking about weight doesn't really bother me because, obviously, it's friends talking--they know you beyond your weight.  (It did bother my friend when people called her anorexic--she's obviously small.)

I don't care too much what the people on the Internet have to say, or what strangers/acquaintances IRL have to say about how I look.  If their entire opinion of me is based on my weight, the clothes I wear, the gadgets I keep around me; if their opinion of me is based on the superficial and they make no attempt to see what's beyond that, they aren't worth my time.

My little brother is not little at all--he's a couple of inches taller than me and twice my weight (I tend to be around 120 pounds).  It's not muscle.  I know he gets shit at school for how he looks and for his personality--I might not be the one that's overweight, but it pisses me off to see people give him a hard time just because he's not the same as everyone else, that he's not a thin, blond-haired, blue-eyed sports fanatic panting over girls.

I'll admit that I'll definitely think shit about people--too fat, too thin, ugly, disgusting, perverted, idiotic, damned liar, whatever.  But unless they give me grief, start up a fight with me for whatever reason, I don't tell them what I think to their face, and it's nothing I care to discuss with other people.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 25, 22:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My two cents on the weight thing: People are overweight for any number of reasons...people are underweight for any number of reasons...some are the same. What sucks is (a) society values thin over fat and (b) fat is about the only thing left that you can be mean to others about without the PC police getting offended. It's not okay to call someone a nigger but it's okay to call them porky? yeah.....something sucks there.

I'm overweight for any number of reasons...genes, medications, psychology...I've lost up to 100 pounds and gained most of it back...time and time again. But except for my current issues of herniated discs and long-term depression, I'm healthy, strong, have great blood sugar/cholesterol/blood pressure, and can expect to live a long life. Would I like to weigh less? yeah...only because I've got some cute clothes in a few sizes lower than I can wear right now. But I'll live. Most days, there are far more important things than what I weigh.

And what's best is that there are people who love people of all sizes and despite their sizes. Thank the gods!

Regarding the 'fat chick pose' thing: who in those pics were really fat? Not many of them, that's for sure. And sure...don't we all pose to get our 'best side'?

Regarding LyricLee's pic: she didn't look fat (or lesbian)...she looks mean. She looks hate-filled. And THAT is what turned me off of her pic. I knew instantly which pic it was BEFORE I re-read Pescado's directions...she had that pissed-at-the-world-and-gonna-make-sure-you-pay-for-it look.

Okay...so that was more like a buck-forty-five. Clink clink.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 April 25, 22:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think... to have someone put your pic on that site you have to first really piss someone off... I doubt anyone just go trawling for girls to be mean to.

Anyhoo... I have a blog, too. I am not particularly interested in any of you reading it, but for the sake of argument, here's me and my entire family.

Now see if I care if some of you put me up on ED and call me a fat, lesbian cow. I know that the ones that matter don't think so and I have grown beyond caring what ze random interweb-pplz think.  :roll:

And I will stand by my point of view which was, afair, she is not the ugliest person I have seen but her poses and photoshopping scare me. I mean, if she's gonna photoshop it, can't she at least do it well? Tongue

I like your blog and you are very pretty and your brother's fiancee (I think that is who it was) has the most awesome blue eyes I have ever seen!

I do wish I could photo shop as well as she did, scary or not... I want my double chin out of my pics!

:wink:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #51 on: 2007 April 25, 23:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Regarding LyricLee's pic: she didn't look fat (or lesbian)...she looks mean. She looks hate-filled. And THAT is what turned me off of her pic. I knew instantly which pic it was BEFORE I re-read Pescado's directions...she had that pissed-at-the-world-and-gonna-make-sure-you-pay-for-it look.

You know what... I think you're right. I have never had any run-ins with LyricLee but I REALLY don't like her in that picture and it's probably because she looks full of hate.

Huh.

Glad we got that sorted.  Cool

Bigtruckgirl - I'm glad you like it  Smiley  But I really wasn't fishing for compliments  :oops:  I'll let Malene know that you think so, though.  :wink:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
MMEStalker
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #52 on: 2007 April 25, 23:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sure...don't we all pose to get our 'best side'?

I just face the camera on the rare occasions when someone takes a photo of me. I've never taken a photo of myself, unless you count using a photo booth to get a photo for my passport.

I don't think Lyric  looks fat in that picture, I think she looks a bit on the plump side, but not huge. But I do laugh at the picture, not because of her looks or her weight, but because I think there's something silly about putting on a shitload of make up, taking a photo of yourself from above, with about 40% face/60% boobs, fiddling around with the contrast and then posting it on the internet.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #53 on: 2007 April 25, 23:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shall we blame Pescado for this? I vote yes!

We can blame Pescado for Obesity while we are at it.

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #54 on: 2007 April 25, 23:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what... I think you're right. I have never had any run-ins with LyricLee but I REALLY don't like her in that picture and it's probably because she looks full of hate.

Huh.

Glad we got that sorted.  Cool

Bigtruckgirl - I'm glad you like it  Smiley  But I really wasn't fishing for compliments  :oops:  I'll let Malene know that you think so, though.  :wink:

I know you weren't. I just wanted to tell ya.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
ghengisjohn
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #55 on: 2007 April 25, 23:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only complaint on Lyriclee's photo debut is that I'm totally not down with women that have phosphorous skin. I mean, you're trying to sleep and whoa. It's like a night light.

Wait, that's photoshop. Um.

Nice eyes, if that's their real colour.

PS: How do you look lesbian? Seriously. There's no goddamn dresscode. On top of that, stupid, stupid bigoted insult.

hen I thought, who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone
I'm gonna be a pirate on the river Saskatchewan!
Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Who Put This There?
« Reply #56 on: 2007 April 26, 00:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ghengisjohn"

PS: How do you look lesbian? Seriously. There's no goddamn dresscode. On top of that, stupid, stupid bigoted insult.

I can never get over how ridiculous that so-called insult is. I know lots of lesbians, some extremely butch, others extremely feminine, and many in between. It's ridiculous. Get outside and look around, people!
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #57 on: 2007 April 26, 00:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all I see is:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
 :?
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #58 on: 2007 April 26, 01:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
Being overweight can be a medical problem quite similar to being underweight, for whatever reason your body doesn't want to maintain what would be it's ideal weight.

I refuse to buy that argument on the grounds that it violates the law of conservation of mass. It's not physically possible to gain weight if you don't eat enough to do so. I mean, where the hell are you pulling that extra mass from? It's just not physically possible. The amount of weight you can gain is necessarily limited to be less than the amount you eat.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Sarah
Landlubber

View Profile
Who Put This There?
« Reply #59 on: 2007 April 26, 01:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I refuse to buy that argument on the grounds that it violates the law of conservation of mass. It's not physically possible to gain weight if you don't eat enough to do so. I mean, where the hell are you pulling that extra mass from? It's just not physically possible. The amount of weight you can gain is necessarily limited to be less than the amount you eat.

Actually the overweight people who are genetically like that eat just as much as thin to average people. It's just they inherited one of their ancestors' body type and their metabolism is naturally slower. So more of the food they eat turns into fat than for thin to average weighted people.

Yeah, I'm new here and I was just reading over this topic. I dislike Lyric just as much as anybody else here, she's just a internet loser who can't moderate for shit, and I don't mind people making fun of her pictures because I generally just don't care. I wouldn't care whoever it was, unless it was someone I knew and actually cared about.

Just thought I'd add that little rant in anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: