PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 12:44:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR doubles subs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR doubles subs?  (Read 47872 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR doubles subs?
« Reply #90 on: 2008 March 12, 17:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, the similarities to a pirate flag completely whizzed by me. But then it took me a good week of playing to notice the markings. I'd only been playing one temporary household while noting bugs, and had it turned face-forward, plus I rarely move my view around except to take photos, which I don't bother to do of test houses.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2008 March 12, 19:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tomato make good candles. *beats chest like Tarzan*
 Cheesy
Lots of nice little piratey goodness in the new EP's, eh?

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
euterpe
ARR!

Fresh cookies are always necessary!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 March 12, 19:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, I love the candles *grabs* Smiley  Thank you!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2008 March 13, 20:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, did anyone else notice this, "This is the main reason we've moved over to the Euro, which is a much more stable currency with a better future." ? 

I think that's code for "America is going through a recession with the problems they have now, and I don't see that their economy recover quickly, so I'll take advantage of exchange rates". It's an easy guess that if the US had a stronger currency, he would be switching to that.  Wink

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2008 March 13, 23:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also the fact that the Swedish currency is tied to the Euro, so no matter what happens with European economy the exchange rate will remain the same and TSR gets the same amount of Swedish Kroner for their subs. This is of course not the case with the US dollar, so switching to Euro is actually a rather wise decision business-wise.

Money-grubbing bastards!  Angry

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 March 14, 00:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a wise business choice if they lose a substantial amount of American subscribers.

On the other hand, maybe most of the subs come from outside the U.S.?  Does anyone know how this breaks down geographically?

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 March 14, 01:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some really good SA's, but I wait until they rotate thier stuff for free, or wait until I have enough kudos to go shopping. 

I know i have been out of the loop, but did they start making SA stuff pay or something?  I thought they were free which is one reason I stayed with it. 

And thanks!

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 March 14, 02:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what i thought too.?!
I went to check - you never know with their ever-changing rules - and yeah SA's stuff are 100% free.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Sims2lvr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 March 14, 06:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is what I thought too but I noticed some time ago that if he has a SA that made something that looks good or sometimes, he picks the most fugliest...you have to have a pay sub to get it....

Like, for instance here...This person is a SA but one of his lots you can only get it if you have a pay sub and it isn't worth it Roll Eyes

S2L
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 March 14, 06:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because at TSR any lot made with pay items will be pay lots. Even if it's not FA's lots.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Sims2lvr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2008 March 14, 07:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy  Thanks for the heads up...Some of them I can see you wanting but the others, he might as well let them go cuz they are F-Ugly!

S2L
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2008 March 14, 10:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a wise business choice if they lose a substantial amount of American subscribers.

On the other hand, maybe most of the subs come from outside the U.S.?  Does anyone know how this breaks down geographically?

I have no idea for TSR, but I can give you the breakdown for my measly little site and maybe that can give you an idea:

25% of visitors are from the US
15% are from Germany
10% are from France
Spain, the UK, Brazil, Canada and Italy make up for another 25%
The last 25% are from all over the world.

So while the Americans are by far the largest single group, Europeans make up for a much bigger chunk. I think we can assume it's will be similiar for TSR.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but I don't actually think the price hike itself will loose them that many subscribers. Many Americans would have unsubscribed anyway because of their slumping economy. Others might simply not notice, and others may run off now, but will come back in a few months when they've forgotten about it and REALLY wants Windkeeper's new stuff.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 March 14, 11:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Ivory, nice to meet you!  Grin
Great first post! Have you read the FAQ yet? If not, read it now! Wink
It has all the info you might need to fit in here and it has funny pictures! Wink

I know some people who do not like getting things from the booty but also don't like TSR's money-grubbing tactics, so they save kudos and get a free day every now and then. I'd wager more people will go for the kudos instead of paid subscription route now, so Thomass will probably raise the amount of kudos needed for a free day soon.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 March 14, 15:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have already risen the kudo score you need to get a free day around Christmas(!!), before you had to spend 5000 kudos, now it's 7500, that's 50% more. And before you could get 50 kudos per day for clicking the thank-you-button, now it's only 25. So an average person who doesn't know about the booty can get something between 25 and 75 kudos a day (25 for voting in a poll, 25 for saying thank you, 2 for logging in and some more for commenting, posting at the forums or finishing challenges). But it is really hard to get them because it takes so much time to find the polls, to find stuff decent enough to klick thank you (I don't like thanking for things I'd never even dare to use) etc.

sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2008 March 14, 21:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

comment of pure gold from paddywak  Grin

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: