PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 22:47:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Insim under new management!
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 237 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Insim under new management!  (Read 912570 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: Insim under new management!
« Reply #1830 on: 2008 December 02, 00:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem is telling people that anyone is coming in. Some mods should go in, but if people see that they might think it's okay and we'll have that over 9000 idjits coming in just to gawk and some of them possibly downloading.
Well I think it has been limited to PMBD right? So for those visiting it should already be clear.

Inactive
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: 2008 December 02, 00:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of, "Hey, so'n'so is on, guess I'm in the clear." But you're right Nouk, I don't think any of us are that dumb Tongue
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: 2008 December 02, 00:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it isn't.  You're assuming that people will go there and do no more than you have done.

I don't understand exactly what you mean. The 'you' is the staff?

Yes - sorry - I'm referring to staff shouldn't assume that everyone will act in accordance with how they are act.  Should have used more informative than "you".  Kiss

Anyway, the statement was sarcastic. People were happy with the info provided, but also unhappy people went to read there to aquire it. There were 250 others on the site, doing who knows what, and they had no oppertunity to share the same info, because they didn't have acces to the staff forum.
Now what I mean to say is: If you want the info in the staff forum, you're going to need the staff. There's 250 others on there who are actually unable to share this info with you, ask them instead if you're going to yell at the staf who's getting the info for you. Obviously, you won't get it.

I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic - first I thought yes, and then no, and decided to be on the safe side and go with no. Cheesy At the time of my first post, there was the nebulous promise of going back to get actual screenshots.  So any and all yelling did not affect how much information I would receive as of the time of first yell.  

I know, it wasn't you, just the ones who were happy with the info but angry about them visiting there. Wink

Maybe it would - but is announcing it publically when everybody wants to gawk helpful in any way? Particularly since everyone else cannot be trusted to act as the mods did - which varies from posting at least once, gawking, and then downloading. And Walt talked to the mods one day before this went down - he can't predict with any accuracy what's normal, particularly with the site going down all the time.

They can't gawk in there even if they wanted to. It's the staff forum, it has access only for staff. That's why there's screenshots.

Gawk at the entire site - even when told it was down for good, people kept trying to get a peek. Staff forum or not, people would look, people would stay to search. Maybe that download they were waiting for, maybe some chat with friends and people that don't know about the whole thing. It would be snowballing.

Well, outside the staff gone looking, from the time the announcement was made, there were always about 300 people on the site. You can't reach them all. I also think some are doing it on purpose.
The info about the staff peeking has only been discussed here, where they were put in a meat grinder, so people would probably get they shouldn't go there. Heh before Delphy got here, lol, but I don't know how much of an effect that had. That was not the staff's fault though.

I like discussions where people don't get pissed off at eachother, thanks Cal Smiley

(Also not trying to get the staff in a catfight, but it was Paden who was supposed to post the screenshots for the pirates if I understand correctly. I don't think it was underhandedness on her side.)

Inactive
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1833 on: 2008 December 02, 00:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, people will get pissed. As long as there's no lasting damage (I really hope not...) it's all healthy. Better than taking it out on the family dog.  Wink

Really, though, maybe this is fatigue speaking, but I can't be arsed to fight the barbarians at the gate anymore. I'll stay off Insim just to be sure, but I'm not wasting my time contacting people telling them not to visit anymore.

FAKE EDIT: Oh hey, bingo  Grin

karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: 2008 December 02, 00:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: 2008 December 02, 00:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

missangelica, I'm sorry for being a bitch, do you want to make up?

Inactive
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: 2008 December 02, 00:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Devilfish - Your bingo prize Cheesy

Edit to make internet slightly less hueg
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1837 on: 2008 December 02, 00:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, outside the staff gone looking, from the time the announcement was made, there were always about 300 people on the site. You can't reach them all. I also think some are doing it on purpose.

Even though we've had people read this thread, acknowledge it, post how good they are about staying away, how they understand the importance, Insim is loved by them; they come back later and say something along the lines of "when I was there just now" or "the peek I had earlier" - so even if they understand a categorical statement, they choose to ignore it.  If that is then made wishy washy, it will no longer be 300 people on the site, but every man and his dog.

The info about the staff peeking has only been discussed here, where they were put in a meat grinder, so people would probably get they shouldn't go there. Heh before Delphy got here, lol, but I don't know how much of an effect that had. That was not the staff's fault though.

They told people - I bet you those that don't wish to be yelled at (not that I will be doing any more yelling or telling off - do whatever the fuck you please seems to be the general vibe here) won't tell anyone.  And if they did they'd either say "but such and such was there" or "I'll do what I want, whatever" - similar to what has happened before now.

I like discussions where people don't get pissed off at eachother, thanks Cal Smiley

I like discussions where people don't try to make out that they're really doing the right thing, and all is well - actual discussions. Where they aren't afraid to be called on their bullshit and endure the same treatment they have given to others.

I can't be arsed to fight the barbarians at the gate anymore. I'll stay off Insim just to be sure, but I'm not wasting my time contacting people telling them not to visit anymore.

Ditto. Gates are officially open.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: 2008 December 02, 01:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like discussions where people don't try to make out that they're really doing the right thing, and all is well - actual discussions. Where they aren't afraid to be called on their bullshit and endure the same treatment they have given to others.

Whoa can you back that up, or is this about another conversation...

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1839 on: 2008 December 02, 01:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa can you back that up, or is this about another conversation...

That's about this conversation - the very quotes I quoted earlier. The people from Insim involved in this particular stouch have been at pains to tell us all off about our own attitudes towards the site and it's business, but don't like it when turnabout is fair play.

The following quotes demonstrate this:

Then why are the very mods of Insim bothering to tell anyone not to go there - why not just ask them not to download - they can make stickies and everything - they're mods.  And from those screenshots, shows they were taken today, they did in fact, post there.  More than one moderator as well.  And why are they yelling about the importance of staying away, if we don't actually have to stay away?

hrmmmm ... if I'm not mistaken it was people HERE that first started yelling and creating and telling people to stay away

I was there when I got the message from the other mod, which I *why* I didn't do the screenies. Thirty seconds. I timed it. Soon as she said, "I got it", I was out. Thanks for your vote of confidence. And you don't know why I went, so don't bother to waste your time in speculating. It's unbecoming of someone of your stature.

(This is directed towards Freeshitonly and NotApsalar) BOTH of you shut the hell up because you sound like a couple of six year olds screaming about a goddamn toy! You are not helping the situation at ALL. If Pescado uses SMF, I can help the rest of the staff learn it, it's not that ruddy hard! Would you please save it until it's all a done deal! CHRIST!

Cala, please, can you just chill out ... we know to stay away, but something important is happening and we need to know what

Paden's not the only one who's there ... go curse at all the other's as well

and yeah ... curse at me coz I'm there too, briefly so we can see what's happening

All of these within the last day - just the last day, and some of them within the last couple of hours.  They're happy to call out the PMBD bullshit as they see it, but don't want to be confronted themselves as evidenced by the tone of their posts "chill out" and "helping the situation" - they have been doing neither of those things as I can see it as of now.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: 2008 December 02, 01:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was from Walt, is seen on the home page:

Clarification About Free Site Access
I want to clarify some key points.

First, I apparently made a mistake in the way that I communicated my intentions for the web site in yesterday's announcements. Let me clarify. This site will continue to offer all content free. No one will be forced to become a contributor in order to share in the community, mods, downloads, etc. on this site. I apologize for the confusion that was created.

Second, I want to thank those who have already donated on the first day of this donation drive. It is already helping. To those who have not yet donated, please consider donating if you can.

Third, the idea of the voluntary subscription plan is NOT to make some of the contents of the site unavailable to free users. Rather, it is intended to be a replacement for the donation drives.

I want to thank those who have given me your warm welcomes. I pledge to you that I will do everything in my power to make sure this web site will thrive.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SITE IS BRIGHT

To those who have expressed concerns or doubts about the viability of this web site in bad economic times, I respectfully disagree. I am a student of history among other things. While we undoubtedly have some rough times ahead economically, we will get through them.

I have studied the Great Depression of the 1930s. One of the most startling facts about that time period is that not all industries went belly up. In fact, some industries thrived. One of those industries was the entertainment industry. Despite the fact that huge numbers of people were out of work, the vast majority (75-80%) of people DID have work and always scrimped and saved to have a radio to listen to or to go to the movies or to engage in other forms of inexpensive entertainment. My parents were children of the Depression. In fact, while my father passed away this past year, my mom is still with us. She is not online and knows nothing about the Internet, but she is helping financially with this website. Why? Because she knows how important entertainment was during the Depression! She grew up on a very poor Kansas farm in the midst of the "dust bowl." She KNOWS from personal experience what it takes to survive in a Depression. She knows that entertainment is the key, that it's imperative to have good entertainment alternatives in order to survive bad times!

That's why my mom is supporting this web site.

When times are tough, people need to be able to escape for short periods of time. That's what the entertainment industry offered in the 1930s...much needed escapes. Movie theaters were popular. It was the Big Band era, and in places like Harlem ballrooms such as the Savoy, the Roseland Ballroom, and the Apollo Theatre survived and thrived. Night clubs were popular in the cities. In the towns and rural areas, dances and church events and county fairs and community groups were organized to provide entertainment alternatives. Throughout America, people engaged in low-cost and no-cost entertainment of all kinds, and the pattern repeated itself around the world.

The Internet is the modern entertainment realm, and gaming is one very important aspect of that realm. The Sims is one of the most popular computer games in the world. That's why I think this web site, this community, is so worthy of the relatively small amount of investment involved.

Kathy and Eric

A number of unkind things have been said about Kathy and Eric. While I wasn't here during the past few months, I do know from personal contact with them that there were other issues that you don't know about in their lives, issues that go beyond gaming, the web site, the economy, etc. I have little doubt that these personal issues were behind much of the negativity that some of you have reported. I am not at liberty to discuss these issues in detail, nor would I do so if I was at liberty. Privacy is private, and I respect their privacy. But I can tell you this. If you knew what they were going through, those of you who have said such negative things about them would almost certainly want to take back what you said!!!

Those of you who have expressed support and confidence will find that your faith will be rewarded. This site is not going to change its basic good character. It will continue to offer all free content, and I have every confidence that it will continue to be supported as it has always been supported...by the people who love it the most.

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: 2008 December 02, 01:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see where you're coming from, Calalily.
I thought you were annoyed with the convo you were having with me and unceremoniously told me to GTFO and I was like WUT I'm doin' it rong??

Inactive
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: 2008 December 02, 01:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember when we had the poll on who wanted what kind of content? Now it's changed:
What voluntary subscription rate should earn "advertising-free" access to the site?
$0/mo. Don't change a thing! Leave everything as-is. - 77.40%
452 Votes
$1/mo. is the most I could afford. - 2.05%
12 Votes
$2/mo. is the most I could afford. - 2.40%
14 Votes
$3/mo. is the most I could afford. - 1.71%
10 Votes
$4/mo. is the most I could afford. - 0.68%
4 Votes
$5/mo. is the most I could afford. - 10.62%
62 Votes
$7/mo. is the most I could afford. - 0%
0 Votes
$10/mo. is the most I could afford. - 2.74%
16 Votes
$15/mo. is the most I could afford. - 1.20%
7 Votes
$25/mo. or more is what I could afford. - 1.20%
7 Votes
Total Votes: 584
This poll is closed.

So WHO had time to vote before the site crashed out???
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 01:37:22 by Skye » Logged

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: 2008 December 02, 01:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, I was a pirate here before I ever became staff at InSIM. I'd stayed away when Pes first started his efforts, but it was agreed to get screen caps of Walt's latest crap. Not knowing that another mod was there doing it, I headed over to do so. We were speaking on MSN when she let me know that she had them, upon which I exited out of the screen as it was loading. It was believed that getting that information and sharing it was important and would  not cause much of a problem.

Did I screw up? In the eyes of many, yeah, I did. Did I get roasted for it? You bet your ass I did. Do I still think it important to show what a wanker that man is? Yep. Did I change anything while at the site? No, I did not. Will I go back even if the other staff request it? Most likely no. My motive was information as to what he was spreading among the staff. I don't gawk at the scene of accidents, they make me ill. If you don't want a staff member bringing information from the staff section, let me know. Again, I was a pirate long before I was made a member of staff at InSIM. Does one have to preclude the other? I didn't think it did.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: 2008 December 02, 01:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFFS!

*not you guys*

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 237 Print 
« previous next »